SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- Look at even more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- Daily Rome Shot 496
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: homosexualist agenda
You definitely should take in the piece at The Catholic Thing by David Carlin. It ends… I submit that a papal letter on homosexuality is long overdue. The theory and practice of homosexuality, not to mention the great tidal wave … Read More
Benedict XVI breaks silence: intro to new volume in an anthology series – includes thoughts on “same-sex unions”
I recall a time when I was genuinely eager for the rumored release of papal documents. They would come out and I would read them carefully looking for the good stuff. These days I don’t have that zeal and I … Read More
People have asked my about the hand-written letter from Francis to the Jesuit homosexualist activist Fr James Martin. Austin Ruse has a good piece about it HERE Ruse does an autopsy on this letter and its meaning, especially the by … Read More
Today I saw with disgust that the US Embassy to the Holy See in Rome has displayed a homosexuality flag. At Crisis today there is a good piece entitled “The Catholic Response to ‘Pride Month’” by John A. Monaco. After … Read More
This from American Conservative: The ‘Terrorist’ Chaplain by Rod Dreher The Rev. Dr. Bernard Randall is a Church of England priest who worked as a chaplain at a private British school, one founded on the Evangelical tradition, where an LGBT … Read More
St. Catherine of Siena wrote that GOD says that same-sex acts are so appalling that demons who incite them won’t stick around as they are taking place
According to the Novus Ordo calendar today is the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, Virgin, Doctrix of the Church, and Patroness of Europe and of Italy. Her body rests in the beautiful Dominican church in Rome, Santa Maria sopra … Read More
By sure to check out my good friend Fr. Gerry Murray’s piece today at The Catholic Thing. Fr. Murray tackles the “attempt by liberal clerics and laity to compel the Catholic Church to get rid of what they deem unacceptable doctrines … Read More
I picked up from Elizabeth Johnston that, according to media in Belgium, a man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares. Great idea, right? What could go wrong? Actually, now that I … Read More
Belgian Bishop rejects CDF Response about blessing same-sex unions. Fr. Z cites St. Catherine of Siena, Doctrix of the Church
My good friend Fr. Gerald Murray hit for six today at The Catholic Thing. He tackled the dreadful reaction of the ultra-liberal Bishop of Antwerp, Johan Bonny to the CDF document which clearly states that the unions of same-sex couples may … Read More
UPDATE 17 March: Within a day and a half after the CDF doc against blessing of homosexual couples, 600 German pastoral workers, half of them priests, declare that they will continue to bless homosexual couples. Two people had started this … Read More
In a clear and long-overdue slap-down of the German bishops and their dreadful “synod” process, today the CDF released the text of a response to a dubium (that doesn’t happen as often as we would like, does it…) about “blessing … Read More
This is as evil as anything I’ve seen in a long time. What the hell. pic.twitter.com/wE6sR8x8TV — Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) November 23, 2020 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be … Read More
Today – the 1st anniversary of when the demon idols of the hideous Pachamama were pitched into the Tiber River [HERE] – we learn that Francis has openly called for civil unions for homosexuals. He did so in an interview … Read More
More from the official newspaper of the Italian Bishops Conference Avvenire, which recently defended the kiddie-porn laden movie “Cuties”. Avvenire promoted a pro-sodomy book by a priest and moralist, Fr Aristide Fumagalli, L’amore possibile. Persone omosessuali e morale cristiana (Cittadella, … Read More
Netflix created a hideous video called “Cuties”, which is nothing but child exploitation and worse, sexual abuse of children and an offence to any person they peddle it to. IMDB’s parental warning on the new Netflix movie ‘Cuties’ literally states … Read More
On Twitter @JamesMartinSJ attacks a Bishop for pointing out the OBVIOUS about pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politicians… blocks response
Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin, who promoted his agenda by consorting with the Party of Death at the DNC, has on Twitter attacked a Catholic Bishop, Most Rev. Richard Stika. Stika expressed what every properly formed and oriented Catholic would: … Read More
Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has an penchant for fighting dirty. Any scrap of credibility he might have had for his obsessive cause is greatly diminished with this tactic. Watch what he does. From his Twitter feed (LINK – my … Read More
At Complict Clergy there is a recording of Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin speaking almost candidly at the perennially insane, infamous, renegade parish St. Joan of Arc in my native Minneapolis. That place is crazy weird. Just the venue for … Read More
STUDIES: When highly developed cultures undergo sexual revolution and license they collapse with monotonous regularity within three generations
I am posting this mainly for bishops and priests to read over and ponder. I know… I know… “I’m tooooo busyyyyy to reeeeead anything morrrrrre.” No, not this time. You should pay attention to this one. Here is something, frankly, … Read More