Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Andreas: May the CDR’ s PCS from Gitmo to Norfolk go smoothly and his new tour be rewarding.
- Semper Gumby: JesusFreak 84: Good point. Leftist revolution s turn on their own eventually , some of that turning appears to have begun.
- Semper Gumby: Will do.
- Semper Gumby: monstrance : Thank you. God bless you and your father.
- SanSan: Love travelling with you Father. :) Have a blessed time with all your buds.
- grateful: @WVC Here is another innocent priest: http://the sestonewal ls.com/
- acardnal: “Ble ss You” hand sanitizer. Why didn’ ;t I think of that!!
- grateful: Pictures and the descriptio ns were particular ly marvelous, really enjoyable.
- monstrance: Semper Gumby, Thank you for the correction . I can assure you that in no way were my comments related to the fire on the present day Bonny Dick. My Father served on the carrier USS Bon...
- SKAY: Like everyone else Father, I really enjoy traveling with you. :-D Thank you.
- KateD: 97 Million! Incontheiv able! Congratula tions, Father!
- Diana: Have a wonderful time, Father! I always love traveling with you.
- Semper Gumby: Sandy: Thank you. acardnal: Thank you. I’m told that helicopter s assisted with firefighti ng and two guided-mis sile destroyers shifted berths away from the Bonhomme Richard.
- acardnal: *not sure where that “No& #8221; came from. Difficult typing on a phone.
- acardnal: As of this hour, 57 injured. Semper, as always, your comments were on target. No
- Ellen: I enjoy reading accounts of your travels, Father. I am almost 70 and have only flown once in my life. I didn’ ;t enjoy it very much. Have a good time at the conference and I’...
- JustaSinner: The Amex Centurian club in DTW is outstandin g. Shower with plush towels and free flip flops. The food is always great and the staff superbR 30;conside ring it’s Detoil...
- Sandy: Safe trip, Father, and stay healthy!
- Sandy: God bless them all and keep our military safe, as I pray every day. Now I add to my prayer, all law enforcemen t. I visited aboard the previous Bonny Dick (her nickname) at North Island (San...
- Kansan: Thanks for taking us along with you to the airport! I’ve been wondering what air travel looks like these days. God bless you, always and everywhere !
- hwriggles4: Fr. Z: Have a safe flight – maybe you will get to take a nap on the way too. Enjoy your retreat 230;spend some time outside too. Like you I have not flown since February 2020,...
- Semper Gumby: Have a blessed conference Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z: Thank you for this post and prayers. HvonBlumen thal: Given what is stored aboard warships your phrase “fre ezes the blood̶ 1; is apt. Assisting matters is that the...
- iPadre: Based on Gospel. Connected 7 loaves and 7 baskets of fragments to Biblical numerology as a perfect completion / fulfillmen t of God’ s plan. Only charitable act (sharing) in this...
- acardnal: I’m curious what the mask situation on board? Is everyone wearing one?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Our friend Fr. Johnson (USN) moves to a new stage
- My View For Awhile: WV lo
- USS Bonhomme Richard – FIRE! And her forerunners on this blog.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th after Pentecost (NO: 15th Ordinary) 2020
- 12 July – Traditional Latin Mass – 6th Sunday after Pentecost – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- It’s someone else… until it’s your turn: churches attacked, burned in these USA!
- 11 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Another milestone…
- 10 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Seven Maccabees, et al. – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A man you readers helped has been ordained to the priesthood!
- 9 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Thomas More & John Fisher – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Big Business Abortion NOT happy with “Little Sisters of the Poor v. Pennsylvania”
- THE REMNANT posted: Rosary Crusade, Prayer by Archbishop Viganò for Reelection of Donald Trump
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- 8 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ASK FATHER: “I am struggling with my faith due to intense anxiety about death. What makes you believe in God?”
- Fr. Z rants about the problems in the streets, offers suggestions. ACTION ITEM!
- LatinMass.live alive again
- The Coming Storm: St. Louis
- 07/07/07 – 13th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Fr. Z rants.
- 7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A priest makes changes: Ritus Covidensis!
- URGENT – TIME SENSITIVE – INFO NEEDED ABOUT DENIAL OF COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE – REPOST, TWEET, ETC.
- Thanks for the music! Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- 6 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- JUST TOO COOL! “SHEEP, EYES, NOSE, DEER, BLOW UP, TEA, MOUSE, TURKEY, ONION”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 5th after Pentecost (NO: 14th Ordinary) 2020
- URGENT: Archbp. Broglio of @MilArchUSA on Navy Prohibiting Participation in Off-Base Religious Services
- UPDATE on FEEDBACK: How has the COVID-1984 lockdown changed you LITURGICALLY? Priests and laity.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
Avete viatores et vos omnes qui transitis per viam. Legitote titulum meum. Every one of you clicking through this blog should STOP for a breath and use this link HERE and read carefully the linked article. On this note, I’ve … Continue reading
You strong supporters of Francis and you sharp critics of anyone who raises questions about certain of his actions and words should pay close attention to the following. Over at his amusing and erudite Mutual Enrichment, Fr. John Hunwicke of the … Continue reading
A while ago, the best English language Vaticanista these days, Edward Pentin wrote about the rampant homosexual network in the seminary in the Archdiocese of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, the See of one of Francis’ key players, Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga. HERE … Continue reading
Ed Pentin, the superstar of English language Vaticanistas working in Rome, has a fascinating interview with the widow of the former Ambassador of Honduras to the Holy See. It seems that she had taken investment advice given to her … Continue reading
Today, Pope Francis addressed members of the Roman Curia for the annual Christmas bash. It is a custom of Popes to exchange greetings with the Curia at this time of year and there is usually a speech. In 2005 Pope … Continue reading
At Akita, Japan, Our Lady is purported to have said: “The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me … Continue reading
Declaration of Council of 9 Cardinals: “adhesion and loyalty to the figure of the Pope and to his Magisterium”
This is from the Bolletino: Declaration of the Council of Cardinals, 13.02.2017 The Council of Cardinals began its eighteenth session today. At the beginning, Cardinal Oscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, coordinator of the group, after greeting the Holy Father, thanked him … Continue reading
I was alerted to this tweet by His Eminence Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Caveat: One has to wonder if this is truly His Eminence’s account or if it is someone else’s. A screenshot of the tweet. … Continue reading
I received word of a conference coming up in Rome. The conference is clearly part of an organized effort to influence the proceedings of the upcoming Synod of Bishop on the family… and not in a good way. This … Continue reading
From Deseret News: NEW YORK — The Rev. Martin Schlag is a trained economist as well as a Catholic moral theologian, and when he first read some of Pope Francis’ powerful critiques of the current free market system he had … Continue reading
A post by the distinguished scholar Fr. John Hunwicke caught my eye. Here it is, in toto, but do check the comments over there as well. My emphases: Cardinal Rodriguez [That’s Oscar Card. Rodiguez Maradiaga… Archbp. of Tegucigalpa, sometimes referred … Continue reading
One of the things I have been saying all along is one aim during the present pontificate is the reduction of the number of Cardinal Prefects and Presidents (and therefore Archbishop Secretaries) in dicasteries of the Roman Curia. Put several … Continue reading
I direct the readerships attention to an interesting piece in the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, written by Philip Booth who is the “editorial and programme director of the Institute of Economic Affairs”. Booth comments on recent remarks … Continue reading
At The Spectator there is a must read piece by Damian Thompson for anyone who is puzzled about what Pope Francis may be up to, especially in regard to the Roman Curia. Here is an excerpt with my emphases: […] As … Continue reading