SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: London
A reader alerted me to this wonderful bit of lore on the blog Spitalfields Life. Enjoy this with a glass of negus, which it’s something Preserved Killick will know about. Nowadays, we may celebrate Christmas with a glass or four … Read More
Yesterday’s Rosary procession from Westminster Cathedral to the Brompton Oratory produced lots of prayers, or course, and lots of nice photos as well. Here is a link to a flicker collection.
I have been watching with horror the social unrest and riots in London. You have been in my prayers. I fear we are going to see more of this sort of thing in the future. Please stay safe! UPDATE: I … Read More
In the National Gallery in London, you will find a painting by Velazquez entitled Christ in the House of Martha and Mary. I never fail to visit it when I visit that gallery and that painting when I cross the … Read More
Chilly windy rainy… then just windy. Then rainy again. Having sent my article for the paper, I headed into town to meet the wonderfully persistent Anna Arco of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, for lunch. This isn’t … Read More
Did you see this? The new mascots for the London Olympics. Wenlock, left, the London 2012 Olympic mascot, and Mandeville, the Paraolympic mascot.
If you want to see what a Catholic newspaper should be like, check out this article in The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly. Here is a great story. Preamble: Keep in mind as you read that NCR in … Read More
You might remember that in England there was to be a conference/workshop for priests to learn the TLM at a center run by the Archdiocese of Westminster. The editors of RU-486 (aka The Bitter Pill aka The Tablet) in a … Read More