SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 7
- ASK FATHER: At Mass ‘ad orientem’ why doesn’t the priest turn around for the Preface dialogue?
- LENTCAzT 2021: 11 – Ember Saturday 1st Week of Lent: Why fast and abstain?
- Rome Shot 88
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 6
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- ASK FATHER: “If a priest blesses something without following the ritual, is it really blessed? (BAD NEWS!)
- ASK FATHER: Can we Catholics observe Jewish feasts like Purim?
- LENTCAzT 2021: 10 – Ember Friday 1st Week of Lent: Patience in suffering
- Priest weeps at irreverence for Eucharist, tells people to receive on the tongue. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Rome Shot 87
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 5
- Rome Shot 86
- ASK FATHER: “Any tips about a Last Rites “kit”?”
- LENTCAzT 2021: 09 – Thursday 1st Week of Lent: “The only choice is between fervor and sin.”
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 4
- LENTCAzT 2021: 08 – Ember Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: “A prayer on the way to Mass”
- Rome Shot 85
- Rome Shot 84
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 3
- LENTCAzT 2021: 07 – Tuesday 1st Week of Lent: “Lord, Jesus teach to pray better in all circumstances”
- WDTPRS 22 Feb – Feast of the Cathedra of Peter (2002MR): Antioch or Rome or… somewhere else?
- LIVE VIDEO – 22 Feb 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Cathedra of Peter
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 2
- LENTCAzT 2021: 06 – Monday 1st Week of Lent: “It had to happen to me!”
- VIDEO PILGRIMAGE to the Holy Land: Day 1
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Sunday of Lent 2021
- LENTCAzT 2021: 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: “Our Sire God being first served.”
- Rome Shot 83
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: parishes
A while back, a conversation was initiated by a post by my friend Msgr. Charles Pope about the number of people attending the Extraordinary Form. My post about it HERE. At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am a parishoner at an ethnic church in the Archdiocese of X with national boundaries where there are Masses, sacraments, services, etc in my preferred language. However, I live 20 minutes away in the Diocese of Y. Who … Read More
From a reader… I recently moved quite a distance and found a home that was, unbeknownst to me, within the territory of another diocese. My territorial parish is, sadly, less than faithful to the liturgy and for a variety of reasons related to … Read More
From a reader: If one has been a particular parish for 40 odd years and now just because he has moved to a new place, bought a house and so comes under the jurisdiction of another parish, wants to continue coming to … Read More
Jesus did not found your parish. Our Lord personally founded the Catholic Church and promised that she would prevail against the forces of Hell. He did not promise that the Enemy would not prevail where you live. He made no … Read More
From a reader: It seems from parish to parish many have the custom after the closing prayer when announcements are given to ask new families or visitors to stand up and introduce themselves. It can add a bit more time … Read More
Over at the Fishwrap, their elder-dissenter Richard McBrien posted a column about shifts in Mass attendance. He works from a study about the “‘Supersizing’ the U.S. Catholic Parish Life” conducted by the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) … Read More
From a reader: I’m curious about traditional parishes (both those which exclusively use the 1962 liturgical books and those which would self-identify as a traditional parish) and adult converts in the US. I don’t have the official documents ready at … Read More