SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- “Blessed are the PACE makers.” Make A Plan for Family Communications:
- Daily Rome Shot 235
- Fr. Angel Sotelo – RIP
- 2 August: St. Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor “Zelantissimus” … who bilocated
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 10th Sunday after Pentecost (18th Ordinary – N.O.)
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 1 August ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 234
- ACTION ITEM! Be a “Custos Traditionis”! Join an association of prayer for the reversal of “Traditionis custodes”.
- Trouble keeping the sacristy quiet before Mass?
- BREAKING “Latindr App used to catch priests in compromising situations”
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold reality, warming confidence
- Daily Rome Shot 233
- Daily Rome Shot 232
- Pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politicians and their reception of Holy Communion
- ASK FATHER: The priest only said, “I absolve you from your sins”. Is that sufficient for a valid absolution?
- ACTION ITEM! 15 August 2021 – World-wide Consecration to the Immaculate Heart by all TLM communities
- Traditionis custodes and “reception theory” – or – When a law is no law at all.
- 29 July 1941 – An “offering of life”
- Daily Rome Shot 231
- Daily Rome Shot 230
- UPDATED – 14 August Pontifical Mass at the National Shrine: FORBIDDEN
- Another wrinkle to the meaning of your phone’s “location services”.
- “Why, then, would Francis punish those who worship according to the Latin rite?”
- In a picture, a thousand words. Reason #868940 for Summorum Pontificum.
- Daily Rome Shot 229
- It’s not just the numbers right now, it’s the rate of growth.
- VIDEO: On Sunday, Bp. Thomas Tobin of Providence visited the parish entrusted to the FSSP. Terrific. Exemplary.
- Powerful denunciation of Traditionis custodes … by a bishop.
- 26 July: Wherein Fr. Z asks St Ann to: “Soften the hearts of all those who will now be involved with the implementation of Traditionis custodes.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Richard McBrien
Fr. Richard McBrien is dead at 78. I hope that in his final years he had a chance to rethink and repent of his work. Enough about him. There is an old phrase, Nihil de mortuis nisi bonum… Say nothing but … Read More
Over at American Catholic my friend The Motley Monk saved me some time and effort by providing a good look at the increasingly irrelevant and yet always disappointing Richard McBrien, dissenter and retired ailing prof at Notre Dame. McBrien, who … Read More
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation. Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes. … Read More
Over at the Fishwrap, their elder-dissenter Richard McBrien posted a column about shifts in Mass attendance. He works from a study about the “‘Supersizing’ the U.S. Catholic Parish Life” conducted by the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) … Read More
The gentlemanly Sando Magister has a must-read piece today at his site Chiesa called: Bishops Or Mandarins? The Dilemma of the Chinese Church. Here is the introductory section of Magister’s piece, just to give you some context. Then I will … Read More
The National Catholic Fishwrap is still running down Pope Benedict and defending Bp. William Morris, formerly of Toowomba, Australia, present cause célèbre of Catholic liberals. The latest Fishwrap writer to use the ineffective and doctrinally odd Australian bishop to bash … Read More
Imagine this if you can… but I saw something a little weird in Richard McBrien’s most recent blurb in the National Catholic Fishwrap. McBrien’s piece is about Popes of the 20th Century! As you might guess, he points out their … Read More
When John Paul II came to the See of Peter in 1978 the Church was in the verge of splintering. One of the late Pope’s greatest accomplishments was to drag us back from the edge of schism. Over many years, … Read More
How anti-Catholic is Newsweek? They published a piece by Richard McBrien. As you read this keep in mind a couple things. First, Richard McBrien is a liberal dissident. He detests Pope Benedict. That is what his following dreck is about. … Read More
That darling of the ever more elderly dissident set, NCR‘s Richard McBrien has a new whine about the new English translation of the Roman Missal… which is coming whether the liberals like it or not. My emphases and comments. The … Read More