It has been a good, though short, trip back to my other home, Roma. Tomorrow I go back to the USA again.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Attending a conference and being able to deflate a cliche position on the position of the altar.
- 1st Vespers of Advent and the return of Roman copes and the "formale"
- Meeting and chatting with Mons. Guido Marini
- Talking with Card. Gracias of Vox Clara.
- 1.5 hour private meeting with Archbishop Ranjith.
- Visiting my old haunts, the now much expanded offices of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, meeting Card. Castrillon, speaking at length with my good friend Mons. Perl, and greeting Mons. Mario Marini, another friend.
- 1 hour private meeting with Card. Arinze.
- Dining with those people I can’t name, but who know I appreciate them all the same.
- Going out with my Chinese priest friends.
- Finding the Traditional Missale Romanum in the chapel at my residience (for priests) and that the ribbons were set to the correct pages each day.
- Seeing American friends for supper at Polese.
- Being celebrant for a Solemn High Mass with the older, Traditional Missale Romanum for the Immaculate Conception.
- Blessing the family home of a very close Roman friend, and seeing his wife and children
- Meeting colleagues and friends from Fox News for lunch.
- Time with "The Inquisitor" and "The Producer"
- Hours in the library and also with my thesis director.
- Visiting with Card. Mayer, the holiest man I know.
My posting this last week or so has been a little thin for a reason.