You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- wolfeken said It is worth noting, concerning the updated questio...
- Phil_NL said For favorable results from some blood tests. Than...
- Matt R said For the repose of the souls of Fr Ray Hoffman, CR...
- JamesM said I was referring to the use of “altar servers...
- Raylan Alleman said More boys and men would serve if females were not...
- Martial Artist said OOOO-RAH! Definitely a step in the right direction...
- wmeyer said I have seen young women who perform well as altar...
- pjsandstrom said Hello Fr.Z, You might want to look again at your...
- Matt R said All the old ladies at church, instead of asking my...
- Matt R said Whelp, Mom stole my good news on my Eagle Scout pr...
- Matt R said For a personal intention. For my family’s c...
- TheAcolyte said Cf. the “Peregrinus Gasolinus” chapter...
- Matt R said JamesM, altar boys distinguishes them from ‘...
- Anti-Relativist said My cousin, Mark, was ordained as transitional deac...
- Priam1184 said I drew breath this morning when I opened my eyes....
- Got Holy Spirit? - Catholic Pentecost - Catholic ExtraOrdinary Form Latin Mass Milk Pentecost - AlwaysCatholic.com said [...] Spirit and Pentecost? Well, remember what th...
- JamesM said Would it not be better to refer to them as “...
- Latinmass1983 said As nothing is new under the sun, and nothing seems...
- acardnal said Didn’t the Holy See start a school for Latin...
- chantgirl said Eugene, may I suggest prayer through the intercess...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Venerator Sti Lot says: And Callista is available...
- The Masked Chicken said Even graduate schools are scaling back on foreign...
- VexillaRegis said Chicken: !!!
- DumSpiroSpero said I am offering all of your prayer intentions in my...
- katerosemar said Veni Sancte Spiritus . . . Please pray for a dear...
- katerosemar said Fascinating. St. Aurea, pray for us. As for anothe...
- Scott W. said How about an online course?
- The Masked Chicken said VexillaRegis, Why, it’s almost like we were...
- The Masked Chicken said Congratulation, Mamajen! The Chicken
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 19 March 2008
A reader posted a comment about the new pastoral staff, which we discussed in the entry on the Holy Father’s Palm Sunday Mass.
He pointed out that the staff used by Pope John Paul II, and also by Pope Benedict, is … Continue reading
The meditations of Card. Zen for the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday are available, only in Italian, on www.vatican.va.
The artwork for the Stations is in a Chinese style.
For example, here is Jesus before the Sanhedrin:
The Holy Father sent a letter to Catholics in China last year.
There is now civil strife in Tibet, spreading to neighboring provinces.
Joseph Card. Zen Ze-kiun, Bishop of Hong Kong, is the author of this years Stations of the Cross for … Continue reading
Here is a an oldie PODCAzT from last year. Yes… I am into recycling.
This PODCAzT was dated 14 April 2007, and I was in Rome. It was Wednesday of Holy Week, as today is, so we can use it today … Continue reading