SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ArsAstronautica on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “As to the scratched windows, there are TWO theories. #1 If the scratches are on the inside, those are from…”
- SophiaGrace on LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son: “Thank you, Father, for these LENTCAzTS. From a genuine laugh at “humbly accepted care of it” regarding the station church…”
- Cliff on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Rf7 (Kg8 would be suicide by Kg6#) 2. Kxf7 . . . 3. Ke5 . . . 4.…”
- Not on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Godspeed Fr. Z. When flying over the cities, I always look down and think of all the souls in all…”
- JustaSinner on Daily Rome Shot 704: “Romans and the Papacy; a long and sometimes contentious relationship.”
- hilltop on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Dear Father Zed, I repeat my now regular and sincere compliments for the pants-of-arms design: laugh-out-loud hilarious! Your apostolate now…”
- BeatifyStickler on Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media: “Great idea!”
- SophiaGrace on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Buon viaggio! Prayers for safe, uneventful travels.”
- Archlaic on Daily Rome Shot 704: “This must be setting some teeth on edge in Rome… “Bravo”, I say! A day or a dollar (or a…”
- Neal on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Kh8 2. Ng6#”
- Dustin F, OCDS on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Kh8 2. Ng6# Or 1. Bc4+ Rf7 2. Nxf7 . . . wins the rook outright”
- VForr on Daily Rome Shot 704: “Safe travels, Father Z! Looking forward to the blog posts to come.”
- monstrance on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Awesome Coat of Arms. Extra Large Butter Pants”
- cmfzed on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Stations of the Cross: veiled with the rest of the statues and images or left unveiled? I have seen it…”
- Philmont237 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “I once went on a retreat that was not hosted by, but located at a monastery where all the sisters…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 21 April 2018
Felix Natalis Dies Roma!
Today is the 2771 Birthday of Rome. Happy birthday! The Great Roman Fabrizio™ shared his quintessential, virtuous Roman repast: fave, pecorino, vino bianco. It doesn’t get more Roman than that. On the other hand, I arrived at Roma today to … Read More
Posted in Just Too Cool, On the road, SESSIUNCULA, What Fr. Z is up to Tagged Basilicata, Lecca