You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Greek Fire said Geoffrey, I’d say for starters find a couple...
- The Masked Chicken said ““It’s too bad someone doesn’t write the boo...
- dahveed said Regarding Geoffrey’s question, we, as laypeo...
- pelerin said A few weeks ago I sat with a couple of holidaymake...
- Supertradmum said cathgrl, I am not confused. I have taught Millenia...
- Imrahil said Dear @Cheesesteak Expert, in the theologian techni...
- Cool Catholic said I wonder how the Pontifical Academy for Latin http...
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- catholiccomelately said Guiseppe, as a Lutheran I never heard of a Luther...
- Ralph said Our bilingual parish is getting a new pastor who o...
- Therese said “They recently started playing drums at my c...
- frjim4321 said “When they see a biretta… when they see a ca...
- StJude said Rob in Maine… looks delicious then I looked...
- Kathleen10 said suedusek, really. How about a bit of understandin...
- Rachel Gohlman said It is true. Every type of person seems welcome at...
- Bea said It IS kind of scary, NBW. This brings to mind the...
- John Nelson said Questiones ullae? Nullae? Bene!
- Kathleen10 said Sounds great to me!
- Catholictothecore said “We can get all excited about the aging hipp...
- Hank Igitur said Reintroduce compulsory Latin classes in all “...
- Athelstan said And Protestants say Catholics don’t know the...
- majuscule said This is off topic but might pertain to the time wh...
- Muv said Jasoncpetty – Spanish is just terrible Latin...
- Therese said I’ll let Pius XII have my say: http://te-ig...
- Therese said It’s wonderful to see the responses to this...
- Cafea Fruor said No, Fr. Z., I meant what I said. I’m always...
- anilwang said APX says: “It’s too bad someone doesn’t writ...
- cathgrl said Supertradmum, Excuse me. I’m on the older en...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post:
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: May 2008
I got this urgent question by e-mail:
Fr. Z – I am a transitional Deacon preparing for Ordination and First Mass on June 28 and 29 respectively. I would like my friend, who is an installed acolyte and fellow seminarian to … Continue reading
I received this by e-mail from a priest:
Long time reader, first time questioner.
I’ve been celebrating the TLM since Winter ’06.
In my parish, I celebrate the TLM on Tuesdays and Sundays for the faithful. My question … Continue reading
I received word from a close friend, the great Roman, Fabrizio Azzola, who also helps staff the COL Forum, that his latest child, wisely named "John", has been baptized, the first child to be so brought into the firm embrace … Continue reading
I got this by e-mail. If you have some German, check out this blog!
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
just wanted to tell you, I liked your "Pope Benedict is changing the conversation" so much, I translated and republished [here].
Keep on your good work!
Mit … Continue reading
Everything is up to date in Kansas City.
They’ve gone just about as far as they can…. with building their beautiful new altars for Old St. Patrick’s Church in downtown KC.
This is the church which H.E. Most Reverend Robert Finn has … Continue reading
The conclusion of the month dedicated to Mary was broadcast, live, this evening from the Piazza of San Pietro.
The Holy Father came at the end and gave a splendid brief reflection.
I got this by e-mail:
Two Masses this Weekend I’m happy to announce that the Extraordinary Form will be available both in Birmingham and in Huntsville this Sunday, June 1.
Bishop David Foley will offer Low Mass in … Continue reading
First things first.
I am very grateful to a couple readers who have enriched my life with new books and … a good thermos!
PP of CA was very kind and found a thermos on my amazon wish list. This … Continue reading
The Liturgical Bee has received a challenge from a waspish, a-liturgical wasp.
This is from KK of KC.
I am reminded of an entry a while back where someone said of another person that s\he was being "waspish". There was a misunderstanding, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today, during Holy Mass, I went to confession. The priest told me to say my Act of contrition, then he would absolve me. So, as I started to say it, he began to whisper something in Latin. … Continue reading