Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Snark? Not at all! I’m truly interested in what they have to say!
- Mike: Rigorous honesty and candor no more distinguis h the sycophants of the throne of Peter than they do its current occupant. In a few days they and he will be back to bashing the traditiona l...
- tamranthor: That right there is some Class A Number One snark, Father. Well done. :)
- Clinton R.: Congratula tions on your priestly anniversar y, Father. Thank you so much for you concern for the state of our souls, especially reminding us to GO TO CONFESSION !. May God bless you...
- APX: I remember once making an appointmen t to make a General confession over a half hour before the regular time, only to have some other woman who came to the church early walk into the confess...
- mater101: Thank you so very much for giving us an insight into your wonderful, wonderfill ed memories of your ordination . A delightful gift, in addition to the other gift : which is your faith...
- AUEagle: My Mother bought each of my siblings the paperback version of the Catechism 3 years ago. It’s a big book! My wife (recent convert from the Baptist Church 7 years ago) likes to flip...
- majuscule: Our Lady of Knock, pray for us. Get a copy of In Sinu Jesu (I tried to use Fr. Z’s Amazon link.) Also, support Silverstre am Priory with prayers and donations.
- excalibur: May Saint Patrick rise from his grave and condemn this generation , who know what they do.
- Andreas: Many blessings and a hearty Navy ‘Bra vo Zulu’ ; to you, Father Z., on this your anniversar y!
- MikeM221: May God bless you in a very special way today, Father. Happy anniversar y!
- iPadre: Ad multos annos! No greater gift could we have been given than to share in His priesthood . You are remembered in my prayers and Masses.
- Joy65: Praying for Ireland and for our world. May we be so ashamed of our sins that we RUN to Confession and ask forgivenes s for the sacrileges we do against Our God. Lord Please have mercy on us...
- robtbrown: Sawyer says: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray...
- DeGaulle: I was pessimisti c, but I didn’ ;t expect to lose by more than 2:1. My local priests did their best. There were rosaries and vigils arranged and a representa tive from the local...
- PostCatholic: I wonder if you’ ve been to Ireland lately? The Catholic Church has engendered so much anger with its criminal mismanagem ent of social and educationa l services during the...
- Amante de los Manuales: Happy anniversar y, Father!
- Kevin: 70% ish of Irish people voted freely and with full knowledge (every household in Ireland was given extensive info. and most were canvassed) to allow Irish motherR 17;s to kill their...
- Sawyer: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray for and lead...
- Cincinnati Priest: Fr. Ant: As a brother priest, sadly, I am coming to agree with you regarding our bishops 217; inability or at least unwillingn ess to take any serious measures to prevent the...
- semperficatholic: FrAnt says: “As the Church hemorrhage s people the Bishops fashion new slogans and programs, reminiscen t of the 70’s, in hopes that the bleeding will stop.̶ 1; Judas...
- Spinmamma: Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post all of that. It brought tears to my eyes.
- bobbird: In the last days of TLM, I was considered the altar boy “Whi z Kid” for Latin … likely because of my Italian mother. I loved Latin, memorized it quickly and with the St....
- Xerebrox: Thanks for accepting my registrati on Fr. Z! Regarding this article: 1. “As far as deacons at a concelebra tion are concerned, if they don’t have specific liturgical roles as sacred...
- Liturgy Lover: I have to agree with your “seriously important point.” Those who attend the TLM at my parish have largely dropped out of communal parish activities in favor of hanging out almost...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: May 2008
I got this urgent question by e-mail:
Fr. Z – I am a transitional Deacon preparing for Ordination and First Mass on June 28 and 29 respectively. I would like my friend, who is an installed acolyte and fellow seminarian to … Continue reading
I received this by e-mail from a priest:
Long time reader, first time questioner.
I’ve been celebrating the TLM since Winter ’06.
In my parish, I celebrate the TLM on Tuesdays and Sundays for the faithful. My question … Continue reading
I received word from a close friend, the great Roman, Fabrizio Azzola, who also helps staff the COL Forum, that his latest child, wisely named “John”, has been baptized, the first child to be so brought into the firm embrace … Continue reading
I got this by e-mail. If you have some German, check out this blog!
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
just wanted to tell you, I liked your "Pope Benedict is changing the conversation" so much, I translated and republished [here].
Keep on your good work!
Mit … Continue reading
Everything is up to date in Kansas City.
They’ve gone just about as far as they can…. with building their beautiful new altars for Old St. Patrick’s Church in downtown KC.
This is the church which H.E. Most Reverend Robert Finn has … Continue reading
The conclusion of the month dedicated to Mary was broadcast, live, this evening from the Piazza of San Pietro.
The Holy Father came at the end and gave a splendid brief reflection.
I got this by e-mail:
Two Masses this Weekend I’m happy to announce that the Extraordinary Form will be available both in Birmingham and in Huntsville this Sunday, June 1.
Bishop David Foley will offer Low Mass in … Continue reading
First things first.
I am very grateful to a couple readers who have enriched my life with new books and … a good thermos!
PP of CA was very kind and found a thermos on my amazon wish list. This … Continue reading
The Liturgical Bee has received a challenge from a waspish, a-liturgical wasp.
This is from KK of KC.
I am reminded of an entry a while back where someone said of another person that s\he was being "waspish". There was a misunderstanding, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today, during Holy Mass, I went to confession. The priest told me to say my Act of contrition, then he would absolve me. So, as I started to say it, he began to whisper something in Latin. … Continue reading