Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Ambrose Jnr said Dear OrthodoxChick, Your 2nd comment on Pelosi is...
- SPWang said Interesting to note that before 1955 the washing o...
- Philippa Martyr said I can answer that question, Sonshine135. My paris...
- Priam1184 said Get rid of it. Plain and simple. Get rid of the f...
- Polycarpio said SW85, you make the point cogently and coherently....
- sw85 said @ Polycarpio– “The problem with the pr...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said First, thank you for forthrightly addressing the i...
- frjim4321 said [But... that's not the way it ought to be. Gregory...
- Lori Pieper said Matt_R writes: It only “clicked” with me recently...
- Supertradmum said Did not get to Thursday Mass in my parish, but fri...
- frjim4321 said I can get fairly well invested in this kind of dis...
- AuroraChristina said Sacred Heart of Jesus South Euclid, Ohio: Our very...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said It remains to be seen if the Freedom From Religion...
- Hermit sans permit said Major/Minor Seminary in Canada run by Benedictine...
- Kensington said I attended Mass at St. Thomas More on the southwes...
- Volanges said Ordinary Form. Twelve men. Roman Canon. Process...
- Matt R said It only “clicked” with me recently tha...
- Jeannie_C said Good Friday – and this is the best you have...
- Absit invidia said Isn’t participating in another church’...
- TWF said Overall, the mass was quite reverent / traditional...
- Elizabeth D said I wanted to address you as Monsignor Zuhlsdorf aft...
- Johnno said “when the Pope decides to derogate for himself fro...
- Scott Tenney Sr said This may go unread, since two other foot-washing e...
- Bea said Stayed home and meditated quietly, but I heard the...
- HyacinthClare said “…some parishioners thought [Bishop] M...
- OrthodoxChick said Gwen, In which cathedral/Diocese did you attend?...
- Polycarpio said “when the Pope decides to derogate for himse...
- Bruce said “I think behavior is properly called eccentr...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, I’m not despairing, nor disagree...
- Del said Doug Erickson covers the ‘religion beat̵...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Take a look at this coverage by the incredibly connected NLM.
I got this question by e-mail:
A question that the bishop and I were discussing today…If a priest celebrates Mass according to the Missal of 1962, is he REQUIRED to wear a maniple? Certainly it would be preferable, but is … Continue reading
No sooner do I get back from Mass but… one of my spies, a very reliable person whom I trust, sends me this:
I have heard from a source who has first-hand information that Cardinal Castrillon is happy … Continue reading
I will be starting Mass in about 15 minutes as of this post.
PRAY! PRAY NOW!
May God the Holy Spirit soften hearts and illuminate minds.May St. Paul, whose year we celebrate, help us all to greater unity.May St. Peter, the Rock … Continue reading
This is posted by Reuters.
My emphases and comments.
FaithWorldReligion, faith and ethics
SSPX “answer without response” to Vatican ultimatum
Posted by: Tom Heneghan
The schismatic [The writer is not going with the nuanced position of Card. Castrillon Hoyos, namely, that while the 1988 consecrations … Continue reading
I want to put this question, which I received via e-mail, out there to you readers. I edited it a little.
I have been reading your blog as a "lurker" for some months now and give thanks regularly for your service … Continue reading
Here is an opinion piece in the Charlotte Observer.
My emphases and comments.
IN MY OPINIONLatin Mass is fine, but I like the new waysMARY C. CURTISmcurtis@charlotteobserver.com
When in Rome – and you need to go to Mass – do as the Romans … Continue reading
Twenty years ago today, Archbp. Marcel Lefebvre, founder of the SSPX, consecrated four men as bishops against the expressed will of Pope John Paul II. Everyone involved, Lefebvre, the four men and co-consecrator Bp. Antonio de Castro Mayer, incurred a … Continue reading
For those of you who read Italian, Paolo Rodari has an interesting piece on Communion in the Hand and what Pope Benedict is doing.
I don’t have a lot of energy for translation today. Maybe later.
In the meantime, I hope … Continue reading
In 412 St. Augustine was preaching on the meaning of a psalm in the city of Carthage.
Remember that Augustine had stenographers who wrote with astonishing accuracy everything he said. You can hear the "oratorical" quality of … Continue reading