Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JBS said I’ll order a copy when and if it becomes ava...
- amymev said http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spanish-Biretta-Vestment-f...
- Nicholas said Politicians= devils and/or clowns Yes, they are re...
- VexillaRegis said Dear wmeyer, yes it is ( if there are no impedimen...
- Marianna said Just ordered a copy on Amazon UK, and apparently w...
- JPManning said Bought it through your link. Thank you for defend...
- Antonin said “Evangelical pastor Rick Warren is among 48 signat...
- Magash said The marriage of two unbaptized people is valid mar...
- acardnal said I’m guessing that the Steam Pipe Trunk Distr...
- John Nolan said When Benedict XVI celebrated Mass in Westminster C...
- wmeyer said So given the examples by VexillaRegis, if two unba...
- aviva meriam said Weird Question: would it be arrogant/offensive/pre...
- Belgian Catholic said It alos works if you just right-click on the video...
- marthawrites said I LOVE the angels, consider them to be one of God&...
- Belgian Catholic said In fact it has been removed from all links on yout...
- Stephen McMullen said Hi. And I notice a lot of priests, well, I think...
- Belgian Catholic said And it’s been also removed from here ! http:...
- Belgian Catholic said This was the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
- Belgian Catholic said The video “We are catholic” wich ment...
- CAR said Someone should release another version of “Lost in...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Anna 6, Many of the signatories of the open l...
- MAJ Tony said Sang the Michaelmass last evening, Ordinary Form,...
- Alice said Long, long ago, in a galaxy far away little Cathol...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said C. M. Almy (yes, I know they episcopalian) makes b...
- Spade said And EOTT once again proves themselves the best in...
- Dialogos said Re. the sudden interest in the Orthodox approach t...
- McCall1981 said So, Kasper’s snarky interview comes out righ...
- AngelGuarded said Was it Saint Peter who said “spare no expens...
- Magpie said There is an annual Toy Mass at a parish in Ireland...
- The Masked Chicken said Ah ha! Catholic marriage is like the logical AND:...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2008
Here are a few links to posts that might be of greatest interest. I am very grateful to those of you who have used the donation button. Please be assured that I remember you in my prayers, as one … Continue reading
This is in from The Catholic League:
July 31, 2008
UNIV. OF MINN. CHANCELLOR ON MYERS: HE’S IN THE CLEAR
On July 25, the University of Minnesota (UMN) at Morris issued a statement by its chancellor, Jacqueline Johnson, which began with the following … Continue reading
Today in La Repubblica there was an interview by Marco Politi with His Excellency Archbp. Malcolm Ranjith, Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments.
There is a lot here that will be familiar to readers of … Continue reading
There is some nice video from Stefano Maria Paci and SKY TG24 of the Holy Father on vacation in Bressanone, Italy with his brother Msgr. Georg Ratzinger, later joined by the other Msgr. Georg, the private secretary. The three of … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have posted a very interesting interview with Prof. Luc Perrin at the Univ. of Strasbourg about the state of the question of the SSPX, Summorum Pontificum, unity, a year after the Motu Proprio and twenty years … Continue reading
I received this from a reader.
Good questions are raised in the wake of Summorum Pontificum and "Save the Liturgy Save the World", as well as "Say the Black Do the Red" and many other of the points I raise … Continue reading
You should definitely go over and visit the site of the gentlemanly Sandro Magister.
Today he has provided us with an English version of the speech Walter Card. Kasper delivered at the Anglican Lambeth meeting in his capacity as President of … Continue reading
UPDATE: 31 July 15:28 GMT:I closed the combox here. Go to this entry for the full text and discussion of Card. Kasper’s talk at Lambeth.
This just in:
Vatican cardinal: Catholic-Anglican dialog has ‘taken a step backwards’
Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams / … Continue reading
Annoying, but sadly true. Here is a story from Kentucky’s Lexington Herald-Leader.
My emphases and comments.
Oh… btw… there is a poll at that newpaper site… if you get my drift.
Jessamine woman to be ordained a priestBy Jim NiemiHerald-Leader Religion … Continue reading
I just wrote this for my weekly column, WDTPRS, for The Wanderer.
After an explanation of the theological difference between aeterne and sempiterne Deus, which involved Augustine and Boethius, I paused for a moment and said…
Indulge me, dear readers. Occasionally … Continue reading