- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kimberley jean said Ksoomer, I’m sorry. That’s not what I...
- aquinasadmirer said There is another side altar there of St. Gianna Be...
- benedetta said I would greatly appreciate prayers for a personal...
- magistercaesar said Please pray for me, as I finish up my internship t...
- LarryW2LJ said I will have to get Echolink up and running on my t...
- bsjy said Due to the inherent variety of the Ordinary Form...
- mbutton said Please pray for myself and my fiance as we get mar...
- Sonshine135 said Please pray for my sister-in-law who was diagnosed...
- MWindsor said Ok. So who’s up for Saturday at 12:00noon ce...
- Mike said That my brother who left the Church after marrying...
- APX said For those wanting Gregorian Masses offered, or who...
- oldconvert said Please pray for a priest who needs to undergo maj...
- Kypapist said What about Perpetual Mass associations? The Blue...
- Martin_B said To me the first item (Changing posture early) isn&...
- John Grammaticus said please pray for my intentions
- Chon said At our Novus Ordo Masses, whether in Latin or Engl...
- Kate said For my uncle who left the Church almost 50 years a...
- Matthew said I do like the practice, but it is hard to find a p...
- WYMiriam said Brother Noah, I did go read the post you linked to...
- LeslieL said Prayers offered for Fr. Z’s request….a...
- jhayes said Sansan wrote I plan on having them said for my hu...
- maryh said Fr Jim said, “I think the question he is as...
- A.D. said How does one state the intention for the living or...
- WYMiriam said Henry Edwards: “Why would the Church precept...
- pj_houston said Please pray for the recovery of our scripture stud...
- andia said I keep you all in my prayers as well.
- andia said Could I ask you all to remember a young acquaintan...
- RafqasRoad said Please pray for my husband L., that he may return...
- Joseph-Mary said Commissioned these sets of 30 Masses for both of m...
- Tricia said Requesting prayers for my family as we search for...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (53)
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days (43)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (29)
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video (26)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (22)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (21)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (13)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (13)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Use of Novus Ordo Collect in the TLM
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video
- Signs in the Heavens: recent rare planetary and stellar conjunctions
- ASK FATHER: Many languages in one Mass
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass in alb and stole
- Banning kneeling violates religious freedom
- QUAERITUR: Mass texts for St. Elijah, Old Testament Prophet
- Catholics can respectfully disagree with Pope Francis on economics
- My View For Awhile & NYC – Day 4: Hot and Sticky Edition
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: September 2008
And so it begins On TBS: MIN @ CWS
I got this note: I’ve been a long-time reader and occasional commenter on your blog. Keep up the good work! For the last six weeks, I’ve been trying my vocation at the Cistercian Abbey of Our Lady of Spring Bank in … Continue reading
I am watching the DVD I was given in Rome, The Papacy of Reason: Inside the Mind of Benedict XVI. Since I was in this documentary, I was given a copy. It is really quite well made! If you haven’t … Continue reading
There is a fascinating story in the Catholic Herald which you should all be looking at. Fighting for Christendom with oranges and lemons The Battle of Lepanto ended with scenes of surreal horror, discovers John Hinton 26 September 2008 A … Continue reading
I posted this last year, but I put so much work into it that it deserves recycling on this feast of St. Jerome. Some time ago, there was a discussion on one of our splendid Catholic blogs making mention of … Continue reading
I am speaking right now with a priest via skype who has just said his first TLM. Some quotes: "The more priests who start saying the older form of the Mass, other priests will find the courage to do so … Continue reading
I am happy to report that more and more bishops are being bishops… and publicly too! Give this a few moments of your time, from California Catholic. My emphases and comments. “At least five members of the audience walked out” … Continue reading
In an another entry I quoted a Latin phrase which sparked some additional conversation. This is a good opportunity to reenter the Sabine flow of things on WDTPRS, for I am indeed back at the Sabine Farm. I quoted: Vae … Continue reading
In the BC Catholic, weekly of the Archdiocese of Vancouver we find the following. My emphases and comments. Extraordinary form of Mass alive and well By Cleveland V. Stordy Pope Benedict XVI has been encouraging the offering of the Mass … Continue reading
Archbishop Raymond Burke is living up to his middle name: Leo. In the daily of the Italian Bishops Conference, Avvenire, His Excellency the Prefect of the Signatura spoke with candor on many issues, including the situation of pro-abortion Catholic politicians … Continue reading