Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- maternalView: I couldnR 17;t help it but as I read the comparison with Cupich I was reminded of this quote from his predecesso r Cardinal George: “I expect to die in bed, my successor will...
- maternalView: I was just thinking about this. I do think terrible times are ahead for Catholics. That was always in the cards but this current mess has helped that along. (As Father suggests ) I...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Bishop Barber, St. Margaret Mary, Oakland. Confirmati on sermon, since he didn’ ;t preach during the Mass: Since we were celebratin g the external solemnity of the...
- maternalView: The priest continued on from his homily last weekend, wherein he talked about worthy reception of the Eucharist and the need for confession , and punctuated his thoughts with examp...
- maternalView: The sad thing is there are laity who just don’ t want to admit this has anything to do with sexual morality. Assault and abuse, power and control, and secrecy are their prefer...
- hwriggles4: My dad passed away last night, so after staying up late with my family, I went to the 11 am Mass at a nearby parish. I had never been to this particular parish, and the priest spoke of...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More feedback: Father Z, You have been a great consolatio n to me through the past several months. I am a new convert, received on Easter Sunday 2016 from a very fundamenta list...
- Chuck Ludd: Bravo. One of the most delightful aspects of the video of the Salve is that he is singing it in a genuinely joyful manner. The Salve is often sung mournfully , solemnly, or in a ̶...
- tamranthor: https://ww w.archbish opetienne. com/a-time -for-actio n-a-call-t o-prayer-p enance-for -healing The letter from our Archbishop . Seriously mealy-mout hed. Not one mention of the actual...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: teomatteo says: Morlino vocations ?, Cupich. ? That is a good question. The other day, I posted that Chicago had ONE guy going into major theology this year. I have since...
- VonOrigen: @joekstl 8230;budge ts? You may have heard that Iraq-istan ate up, and continues to eat up, most of the annual defense budget. Congress thinks the U.S. is still the Navy of ‘...
- jerome623: The pastor at my parish spoke for at least 25 minutes on the situation in the Church today. All of the essential words related to this mess were used, and used properly: sin, evil,...
- jerome623: It’s hard for one to speak out against what one is guilty. I suspect this may be the case for many of the bishops and cardinals who are giving weak responses, if any, at this...
- Southern Catholic: The priest started by saying he is a sinner. Then I heard that the bishops have failed the laity, that the PA is just the tip of the iceberg. He urged everyone to write the...
- ChesterFrank: @Glennonit e: that isn’ t violet or lavender. Its Red. Subliminal ?
- teomatteo: Morlino vocations ?, Cupich. ? Just curious
- TonyO: in age-approp riate sexual relationsh ips as if this is in anyway causative of abuse, is simple projection . Fr. Jim, if a 30-year old priest has sex with a 30-year old person, it is ̶...
- Amerikaner: How is it that cupich is a cardinal and morlino is not? That should be reversed 8230;
- Patrick L.: Gratitude is a virtue. Ingratitud e is a sin. This is one reason Jesus celebrated the response of the Samaritan to His actions. In both this and last week’ ;s Gospel, we hear that...
- clare joseph: On this topic of what the bishops say and don’ t say … I watched and listened to the clip you posted a few days ago of Raymond Arroyo interviewi ng Cardinal Burke. Speak...
- defenderofTruth: In my PA diocese, we were subject to a rather bland video presentati on, in which the main point was “I had nothing to do with it”, and “its for the childre...
- Ave Maria: Read at every Mass at every parish in the archdioces e of Denver: https://ar chden.org/ letter-to- the-archdi ocese-of-d enver-on-t he-abuse-c risis/
- Rob83: One of the priests from the seminary stopped by for a guest sermon. The good news is the number of seminarian s are up from a few years ago and other dioceses are sending men here. It was...
- Gail: The priest talked about the convent of nuns killed right before the end of the French Revolution . Nothing about the scandal per se, but it was all about what our faith is really about, and...
- frjim4321: Fr Martin Fox: As I’ve already seen in a homily of Fr. Kauth, rather than dealing with the real problem (which is the failure of the bishops to police each other) the blame is...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: How to support priests? Prepare for underground Church?
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem! 3 year old “priest’s” theological observation and a Salve
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Forget skeletons. Here is a truly scary Halloween thought!
What is at stake in the upcoming election?
Here is something to think about from LifeNews. My emphases and comments.
Washington, … Continue reading
Plays well with others.
I would like to add more of these to the feed. I believe this is the female Cardinal.
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert Carlson, Bishop of Saginaw, has issued a statement to Catholics in that diocese about the issues to consider at this year’s election.
Read this also against the background of what the dreadful pro-abortion "Catholic" Governor Jennifer … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR NOVEMBER
VATICAN CITY, 31 OCT 2008 (VIS) – Benedict’s general prayer intention for November is: "That the testimony of love offered by the saints may fortify Christians in their devotion to God and their neighbor, imitating … Continue reading
Our friend Fr. Scott Haynes at St. John Cantius in that toddlin’ town Chicago, sent me a link to his article on lectio divina. Check it out.
Bishops are standing up. Priests are standing up.
Will you now stand up?
Here is another good example of leadership from a bishop in the USA.
This is a strong and very personal appeal from a bishop about standing up and … Continue reading
I am presently sipping one of the best cups of coffee I have had in a while: dark roast Sumatra… very strong.
Penjing is pulling in some morning sun.
The birds are at it.
All is … Continue reading
After a long hiatus, I am back with another PODCAzT. Travelling, being tried, tired, and problems with teeth have quieted me at the microphone. Even with this one, it was a bit of a chore. I also need to reacquaint … Continue reading
In a moment of grim expectation as I contemplate the upcoming election, I found this little graphic over at Wormtalk and Slugspeak to be just the right thing.
This from the Holy See to all involved in seminary formation…. including the wicked ******** years ago who used psychologists and psychological "discernment" as a weapon to keep normal, Church loving, faithful men out of the priesthood.
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF … Continue reading
Satan is our enemy who hates us and desires our eternal pain. He works with angelic power to corrupt, to confuse, to lull, to pacify. He has many agents, angelic and human. Some are his willing minions. Most are unwitting … Continue reading
Our colleagues at Rorate have this stunner. Be sure to visit their site. My emphases and comments.
SSPX: pilgrimage and a new Crusade of the Rosary … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City, MO speaks out in his column in the Catholic Key.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Warriors with Our Eyes Fixed on Heaven
Last Saturday I had the privilege of consecrating the restored church of … Continue reading
His Excelleny Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis has unsheathed his pen concerning the "Freedom of Choice Act".
Here is his statement:
Abp. Nienstedt: Obama’s Freedom of Choice Act is bad legislation
The Freedom of Choice Act will be … Continue reading
This morning I went out and could smell woodsmoke as the morning birds began their songs.