HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- CatholicNerdGirl: Please, friends, pray fervently for the success of our adoption. We have had our dear baby girl since she was two weeks old and she will be two years old in September. She came...
- Tina in Ashburn: Please pray for our intentions – we desperatel y need to sell a house quickly. Also pray for the quick healing of my broken leg. So much to do and I sit helplessly . And many...
- Liz: Please continue to pray for Cardinal Pell (Archbisho p Vigano, hiding priests 211;well all suffering priests.)
- aviva meriam: Please pray for me: my family is in transition and I have three intentions .
- Filiolus: Please pray that my wife’ ;s upcoming labor and delivery is safe for her and the baby.
- Katherine: OK, I’ll bite. Since Fr. Martin criticizes his Church for its treatment of women, and Fr. Z has beautifull y demonstrat ed the state of women in the Jesuit arena, a wag might say:...
- Catholic Tech Geek: Concelebra tion makes sense within the context of the eastern churches. There is a (unwritten ) rule which says that only 1 Divine Liturgy can be celebrated on a given altar per...
- BaldMonk: I love this! This is sooooo catechetic al. I will share for sure.
- Ellen: Please pray for me. I am having cataract surgery in September.
- iamlucky13: I’m puzzled by this. Has any figure made a written argument against private Masses? I’m sure they wouldnR 17;t be as bold as to openly argue it’s a traditiona l...
- Fr Martin Fox: The readings were the hospitalit y of Abraham to three visitors in Genesis, a passage from Colossians about Paul’ ;s suffering, and ours, making up what is “lac king...
- L.: I’ve heard plenty of effeminate “pre sidersR 21; at Mass deliver plenty of effeminate homilies, but concede that these presiders ostensibly were men.
- L.: I’d love to know if any Priest from the DWC (in which the conference at Oglebay occurred) attended the conference . But, no names, please!
- Semper Gumby: Outstandin g. God bless Bp. Wall and all in the Diocese. Another good paragraph, Bp. Wall quoting Benedict XVI: “All ow me now to give a brief explanatio n of ad orientem or ad...
- capchoirgirl: I had no idea that was the case. What the heck, Jesuits?
- Daddio: A great line from the article: “Of the 13 lay preachers in our parish, 12 were women.R 21; So apparently their lay men are fine with accepting their place in the pews. Or else that...
- Daddio: Sick burn, Father! I have no doubt though, the Jesuits will be the first to admit women and NOT as a separate congregati on. They’ ;ll be the Boy/Girl Scouts of religious orders.
- TonyO: This was a great line: Vatican II? Is it Vatican II? Vatican II, 2 Vatican, who the hell cares. It stinks right? No matter what you call it, it stinks. Wonderful satire.
- Thomas S: Modernists don’ t really care about the equality of women. They hate priesthood and want to empty it of its very nature. If it was about giving women a voice, they’ ;d lament...
- semperficatholic: Sharing some pics; and if you are seeing this dear Bishop Wall, mom (Margaret) has stage 4 lung cancer and is undergoing chemo. They moved to Texas six years ago and that is why...
- Johann: So in other words St. John Paul II was “stu pefying 221; when he determined infallibly that the Church does not have the authority to ordain women as priests? As a convert one of...
- Benedict Joseph: Roman Catholic consecrate d women religious had a substantia l portion of the Church in the palm of their hand for at least a century given their role in Catholic education. The...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: An inconsiste nt liberal? No…& #8230;.
- Kerry: But Mary kept all these words, pondering them in her heart. Maria autem conservaba t omnia verba haec, conferens in corde suo.
- grateful: “a man nearbyR 21;, sometimes I wonderR 30; could have been an angel?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Remembrance of Madeleines Past
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Concelebration, the rights of priests, and changing times
- @JamesMartinSJ – “It is stupefying that women can’t preach”, says the Jesuit. Oh, yeah? Here’s what’s truly stupefying.
- GREAT NEWS! Bp. Wall of @DioceseofGallup will celebrate Sundays ‘ad orientem’
- Earth’s Circular Shadow on the Moon – observed by Aristotle
- VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad. UPDATES
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: November 2008
On a Sunday afternoon, it is nice to visit a Museum. Here are some shots from the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Here is a too brief clip from CTV of Pope Benedict’s vespers service in the Vatican Basilica for the beginning of Advent. [flv]08_11_29_B16_1st_vespers_advent.flv[/flv]
Today the Holy Father visited the parish San Lorenzo fuori le mura, St. Lawrence outside-the-walls. This is a Minor Papal Basilica, rather than a Major, but it is an extremely important church in the history of Rome and our Roman … Continue reading
From a reader: Hello Father Z First let me thank you for your wonderful work with your blog. I am an young woman living in a parish with, well, an “interesting” liturgy. Thanks to the many Catholic blogs out there like … Continue reading
What would happen if a president-elect should die or be demonstrated definitively not to have been eligible for office under the requirements in the Constitution, before the electoral college meets? I am getting various answers. Anyone? Something authoritative.
First Vespers of the 1st Sunday of Advent is on. This is the first liturgical ceremony of the new liturgical year.
For fans of those books and certain movies:
An excerpt from this week’s article: In the TLM, the “Prayer over the gifts”, in Latin Super oblata in the Novus Ordo, is called the Secret because it was spoken by the priest in a low voice inaudible to the … Continue reading
This weekend I will be in the Twin Cities to help with Masses for a priest who is under the weather.
From a reader: I have a BA in Catholic Theology and A MA in Religious Studies; however, my background is not strong in liturgy. I focused on pastoral ministry, youth ministry and world religions. Could you help me answer a … Continue reading
Mass is at the top of the hour today, 1800 GMT, 1300 EST. I will remember at the Memento of the living, you readers who have been so supportive of WDTPRS.
Please pray for the people in Mumbai.
Our friend Fr. Ray Blake, PP of St. Mary Magdalen parish in Brighton, has a great photo on his blog. He must be in Rome, for this is the window of the famous, and over-priced, Gammarelli, near the Pantheon. Note … Continue reading
From VIS: ALBUM BY PLACIDO DOMINGO INSPIRED BY POEMS OF JOHN PAUL II VATICAN CITY, 28 NOV 2008 (VIS) – This morning in the Holy See Press Office, a press conference was held to present a new album of songs … Continue reading
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus posted a photo worth a thousand words, asking “What’s wrong with this picture?” I believe this is in the Basilica of the XII Apostles, near P.za Venezia.