Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Wiktor said is it still exchangeable?
- OrthodoxChick said May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you in His ca...
- JonPatrick said Random Friar I agree with you about the Lex clavat...
- LarryW2LJ said Rome for Triduum – have a safe and blessed j...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my youngest son who next month is...
- JonPatrick said In the time it took for my Mystic Monk to brew, pl...
- rosaryarmy said What a great man. It breaks my heart that he isn&...
- jbas said Why was San Marino excluded from Italian unificati...
- JonPatrick said I think 1000 Lire was enough to buy a piece of bub...
- eiggam said 1000 Euros could get a new laptop. Oh wait, those...
- Netmilsmom said Be safe and Godspeed!
- Mariana2 said Vecchio di Londra, Thanks, I’ve put it on my...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Praying for all of the above intentions.
- Jim of Bowie said Amen
- Facta Non Verba said Good message today, as always.
- LeslieL said I grew up with both cats and dogs – my da us...
- my kidz mom said Thank you for this opportunity, Fr. Z. Sent 8 pa...
- MouseTemplar said If everybody sent just one pair, I’m sure Fr...
- jameeka said Bossuet’s meditation is the best, most ratio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Cats have claws, 9 lives, and are acrobats. They n...
- tramtrist said 2 pair on the way
- Del said Dr. Edward Peters says: 14 April 2014 at 5:19 pm 2...
- TWF said Father – to answer your question on my earli...
- The Masked Chicken said Come on, guys, send that foot wear. As Rowan and...
- The Masked Chicken said Should read: If one is eating merely to take a pil...
- The Masked Chicken said “Not everyone is going to have a caffeine pi...
- HeatherPA said Prayers for all and Fr. Z~ Please pray that my hus...
- Mike said For a successful commencement of therapy this Thur...
- TKS said Ten pair sent from an old vet. Glad to help.
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday 5th Week of Lent – An examination of conscience
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: December 2008
Our WDTPRS project is on the finalist list for the Weblog Awards this year.
Voting begins on 5 January.
Let’s keep our Catholic blogs in the forefront of this new means of social communication!
Earlier today I streamed the Vatican Radio audio feed of the Holy Father’s 1st Vespers from the Vatican Basilica.
I couldn’t access CTV for the live feed without such interference and to capture images. Our friends at NLM, the liturgical … Continue reading
On 31 December the faithful can gain a Plenary Indulgence by public recitation or singing of the Te Deum.On 1 January the faithful can gain a Plenary Indulgence by public recitation or singing of the Veni Creator.
From the Enchiridion Indulgentiarum … Continue reading
I have a better webcam from the window of my office now.
One of you WDTPRSers sent me the present cam some time ago and it is much better than the older one I had in the window.
The multiple audio streams … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some of your Wisconsin/Minnesota readers might be interested to know that the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe will begin offering a weekly TLM beginning this coming Sunday at 9:30 a.m. This is the Shrine founded by Archbishop … Continue reading
I’m being pushed by more than one person to do more posts with cooking tips, or even a cookbook. One person suggested a regular weekend feature with a recipe and prep photos.
Dunno about all of … Continue reading
Today would have been the 88th birthday of Msgr. Richard J. Schuler, former pastor of St. Agnes Church in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Requiescat in pace.
You know the sort… those who think that it was just a matter of the odds that our planet Earth just "happened".
And… given enough typewriters and monkeys, and enough time, one of them would by the random bashing of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z,
Here we go again… The PCED [Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei] affirmed that it was OK with them (or at least with Msgr. Perl) for a Novus Ordo parish to have the TLM said on SUNDAY for … Continue reading