HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iamlucky13: One more quick post: for a different side of Mr. Shea that we perceive from the Facebook post and followup under discussion , he has a very simple, worth reading post on his Patheos...
- veritas vincit: Reading Father Z’s update with Mark Shea’ ;s intemperat e response, as well as reading other comments here, I fear Mark Shea has gone downhill from what I posted esrli...
- David L Alexander: I met Mark Shea back in 2002 when I went to Seattle. He was a great guy, living modestly in a ranch home north of downtown. His family was most hospitable , and he took me all...
- arga: Who the hell is Mark Shea?
- capchoirgirl: Good shrimp and grits is HEAVEN!!!! ! Yummmmm.
- iamlucky13: @ rollingrj “Doe s anyone remember the conversati ons Mr. Shea was having about the definition of torture back when waterboard ing was the hot topic? IMVHO, because he was seemi...
- Gregg the Obscure: a New Orleans style place in town serves shrimp and grits that is delightful
- Gregg the Obscure: rollingrj – not only do i remember that, but it’s what caused me to quit paying attention to him several years ago – a decision i found eminently justified by...
- Antiquorum: Fr. Z’s blog was a great guide and help to me becoming Catholic, and then finding tradition! What a terrible priest he is, what with bringing people home to the Lord! For shame!
- lgreen515: Cheese grits. You will love them.
- TonyO: Poor Mark. He certainly needs prayers. So do I, so while you offer some for him, can you add me too, please? Thanks. ”The American Church is in deep deep trouble…” A great Catholic I know,...
- acardnal: APX: author is Janet E. Smith, Ph.D
- Gab: I had to google ‘gri ts’. It’s basically polenta. Better than what I imagined ‘gri ts’ to be LOL
- Kenneth Wolfe: When did Mark Shea ever have promise?
- JustaSinner: Wow! Just read his facebook page and twitter feed. There are some serious issues at play in him. I know he’s reading these posts̷ 0;So, Mark, seriously, get some profess...
- ZestyLemonZach: It’s really tiring to see these days people on the road to Calvary trying to wrestle each other off, or outright accusing the other of never being on the road to begin with....
- Unwilling: “gri fter, liar, bully̶ 1;? I know Fr Z only from his blog. From that, Mark’ ;s name calling is so far off the mark one might suspect a misidentif ication of person....
- Semper Gumby: “Gri fter” ;? Ok, we can take “the sting̶ 1; out of that remark. https://yo utube.com/ watch?v=_W xfjWnuEno On the mean streets of 1936 Chicago, where the booze...
- L.: I grew up in rural West Virginia a little south of the Mason-Dixo n Line, which is still “nor thern̶ 1; West Virginia, and never had or saw grits until I was an adult. Oglebay is even...
- Anneliese: How are you a grifter? Grifting implies swindling people out of money. I wasn’ ;t aware you were in that sort of business. Meanwhile, I think he reads the comments on your blog...
- truthfinder: It’s Janet Smith’s book of essays on JPII and Humanae vitae.
- Bryan Baldwin: I started having suspicions about Shea several years ago when he refused to acknowledg e the importance of liturgical praxis. If I recall correctly, he went so far as to say he...
- semperficatholic: Cajuns eat grits two ways..suga r and butter or salt and butter. Depends on your taste at the time.
- hwriggles4: Speaking of books, one book I plan on picking up this week is The Crisis of Bad Preaching. It is published by Ave Maria Press, and it is written by my Pastoral Administra tor. Sounds...
- Semper Gumby: It’s heartening to hear from that seminarian that more seminarian s are Catholic- Men of the Eucharist. Fr. Z: “One of my classmates was expelled for an “exa ggera...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: October 2009
The latest from the official WDTPRS photoshop wizard Vincenzo. Apparently His Holiness is the driver of this Z-car. I am content. I don’t trust him with the Veyron, however. I especially like the idea of stopping at the BBQ shack … Continue reading
I have written before about the Lion of Lima, His Eminence Juan Luis Card. Cipriani Thorne. This from CNA: Cardinal Cipriani reminds State of duty to protect life from moment of conception Lima, Peru, Oct 29, 2009 / 11:38 am … Continue reading
Is anyone else having problems with Firefox constantly hanging?
Even before Halloween, ’tis already the season to toss wet blankets. Yes, folks, we are approaching once again the season of attacking Christian symbols in public. Nativity scenes are especially prized as objects of anti-Christian bigotry. With that in mind, … Continue reading
I have seen a sharp uptick of anti-Catholicism lately. I suspect things will only get worse. His Excellency Most Rev. Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York has this piece in the newspaper of the NY Archdiocese. My emphases and comments. … Continue reading
I have used this example for years now: Our Lord asked to be let out on the water in a little boat at the end of a line so that He could address a much larger crowd on the shore. … Continue reading
In Knoxville, TN there is a vibrant Traditional Latin Mass community at Holy Ghost Church. Here is one of the photos from their extensive archive. It was taken on the Feast of Christ the King. I suspect Father wasn’t saying … Continue reading
Cardinal Antonio Canizares Llovera, Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship, will celebrate a Solemn Pontifical Mass at Ss. Trinità dei Pellegrini [the parish church of the FSSP in Rome] this coming Sunday, November 1st at 10:30am, the feast of … Continue reading
News from a reader about Clear Creek: This Sunday two of the young monks at Clear Creek will make their solemn profession in the presence of the Abbot of Fontgombault during the conventual Mass. They are Brother Jose Lagos from … Continue reading
I will be in St. Paul, MN over this weekend. Among other things it will be an opportunity to get my digital camera cleaned! I am assuming that I will have the 11 a.m.on Sunday at St. John’s in St. … Continue reading
You would not believe what I get in my e-mail. I thought you or your readers might have an idea where to acquire some lutefisk. My in-laws are of Swedish stock and we have some interest in serving some lutefisk … Continue reading
Many thanks to all of you who have sent birthday greetings! Your notes are very much appreciated. Also, belated thanks are due to the kind soul, JV of PA who used my wish list to send me the three volumes … Continue reading
I posted about the new movie on the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin at Fatima: The 13th Day. I posted on it HERE.Here is a link to a schedule of screenings in different places. I am waiting for a copy … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to the following in The Daily Illini. This concerns demonic possession and exorcism. My emphases and comments. Exorcist shares past experiences with demonic possessionKatie Palmer October 28th, 2009 – 4:00 AM With Halloween around the corner … Continue reading