Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- albinus1 said And while our military preoccupies itself with soc...
- Trinitarian Dad said (whistling sound of the boatswain’s pipe)...
- Thomas Sweeney said A Quartermaster will now be called a Quartermistre...
- un-ionized said Chicken, that’s PERSON the lifeboats to you.
- un-ionized said Joan, you are too funny. It isn’t kowtowing,...
- Joan M said Why on earth do any of us cowtow to so-called poli...
- gracie said downeyduck, “Our director of religious educ...
- KateD said In that vein that Del Sydebothom was on, is there...
- Dr. Edward Peters said JabbaPapa, huh? Non-priests have no access to thes...
- un-ionized said The point of Ms. is to not refer to marital status...
- Maxiemom said Just wondering, this is the 21st century, right?...
- hwriggles4 said A few months ago, one of the secular newspapers (I...
- The Masked Chicken said Stupid feminists. These so-called college educate...
- downyduck said Our director of religious education for adults wou...
- Kerry said This at Reason, and elsewhere: ” Students...
- johnnys said Neil Armstrong was Navy. One small step for an ast...
- Fr. Kelly said Maybe it is time to set about recovering the much...
- (X)MCCLXIII said “Women”? Shouldn’t that be ̶
- John Nolan said Jabbapapa ‘Non-priests not only have no acce...
- comedyeye said Recently my bishop answered questions from young p...
- Stephanus83 said “I also remember someone telling me that in his fi...
- Imrahil said Dear boxerpaws63, then read the transcript. Actual...
- Nan said Coxswain? You really shouldn’t say things li...
- JabbaPapa said ah — should have re-read my post more carefu...
- JabbaPapa said This is extraordinarily ignorant in more ways than...
- boxerpaws63 said The vote is between one either stupid or, which wo...
- JabbaPapa said Do you think the pronunciation system used would c...
- JARay said I do not know how you folks in America pronounce t...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said I hate gender-bending. I started seeing the use o...
- Del Sydebothom said Thank you, Father, for your reply. Since we don...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS – 20th Sunday after Pentecost: Quiet
- New book by one of our readers here
- Navy drops “man” from 89 historic job titles to gender-neutral
- Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for October 2016
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY
- WDTPRS 27th Ordinary Sunday: Ashes, Holy Soap and You
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- Angel Feast!
- Sober and sobering views of the “Francis Effect”
- NORTH KOREA: Christians ‘Hung On A Cross Over Fire’, Steamrollered And Crushed To Death
- The language of politics
- ACTION ITEM! FLOODS! Fr. Z to BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Pray Against Floods
- Priests can indeed decline to hear confessions face-to-face
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass without a chasuble, only a stole over the alb
- Via Michaelica: a “Ley Line” Pilgrimage, and You
- 30 November – MADISON – Confirmation in the Traditional Rite
- FOLLOW UP POLL: 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton
- CHICAGO: 26 September – Essential Debate Day FOOD Edition!
- “If I were a bishop, I would send round formidable, even terrifying, hit squads of young clergy…”
- URGENT POLL – 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton Debate
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Will all be saved?
- We are at a “precarious moment in our history” when churches must speak truth to power
- Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- “O God, you are so big!” Maronite English liturgical translations: Devastation!
- Padre Pio music on his feast day: Musical Setting of his “Prayer” (VIDEO)
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Bowels of Mercy
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Monthly Archives: October 2009
The latest from the official WDTPRS photoshop wizard Vincenzo. Apparently His Holiness is the driver of this Z-car. I am content. I don’t trust him with the Veyron, however. I especially like the idea of stopping at the BBQ shack … Continue reading
I have written before about the Lion of Lima, His Eminence Juan Luis Card. Cipriani Thorne. This from CNA: Cardinal Cipriani reminds State of duty to protect life from moment of conception Lima, Peru, Oct 29, 2009 / 11:38 am … Continue reading
Is anyone else having problems with Firefox constantly hanging?
Even before Halloween, ’tis already the season to toss wet blankets. Yes, folks, we are approaching once again the season of attacking Christian symbols in public. Nativity scenes are especially prized as objects of anti-Christian bigotry. With that in mind, … Continue reading
I have seen a sharp uptick of anti-Catholicism lately. I suspect things will only get worse. His Excellency Most Rev. Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York has this piece in the newspaper of the NY Archdiocese. My emphases and comments. … Continue reading
I have used this example for years now: Our Lord asked to be let out on the water in a little boat at the end of a line so that He could address a much larger crowd on the shore. … Continue reading
In Knoxville, TN there is a vibrant Traditional Latin Mass community at Holy Ghost Church. Here is one of the photos from their extensive archive. It was taken on the Feast of Christ the King. I suspect Father wasn’t saying … Continue reading
Cardinal Antonio Canizares Llovera, Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship, will celebrate a Solemn Pontifical Mass at Ss. Trinità dei Pellegrini [the parish church of the FSSP in Rome] this coming Sunday, November 1st at 10:30am, the feast of … Continue reading
News from a reader about Clear Creek: This Sunday two of the young monks at Clear Creek will make their solemn profession in the presence of the Abbot of Fontgombault during the conventual Mass. They are Brother Jose Lagos from … Continue reading
I will be in St. Paul, MN over this weekend. Among other things it will be an opportunity to get my digital camera cleaned! I am assuming that I will have the 11 a.m.on Sunday at St. John’s in St. … Continue reading
You would not believe what I get in my e-mail. I thought you or your readers might have an idea where to acquire some lutefisk. My in-laws are of Swedish stock and we have some interest in serving some lutefisk … Continue reading
Many thanks to all of you who have sent birthday greetings! Your notes are very much appreciated. Also, belated thanks are due to the kind soul, JV of PA who used my wish list to send me the three volumes … Continue reading
I posted about the new movie on the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin at Fatima: The 13th Day. I posted on it HERE.Here is a link to a schedule of screenings in different places. I am waiting for a copy … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to the following in The Daily Illini. This concerns demonic possession and exorcism. My emphases and comments. Exorcist shares past experiences with demonic possessionKatie Palmer October 28th, 2009 – 4:00 AM With Halloween around the corner … Continue reading