The Canonical Defender Ed Peters has been asking for prayers and even the intercession of God with a miracle for his injured son, blogger and good Catholic activist Thomas Peters. Thom is doing better but he has a long way to go. And what father would not ask these things? And who of us would not generously respond, especially in gratitude for how much they have done to help us all in learning and defending our Catholic faith and identity?
Since the issue of miracles came up, I repost here what I have written before about miracles HERE. The original post was about the 2nd authenticated miracle for St. Gianna Beretta Molla.
- Saints are presented to us by Holy Mother Church for “the two I’s”: imitation and intercession.
- As all Christians are called to imitate Christ, we also must experience self-emptying and the Cross, abandonment to providence and self-donation. We must be willing to lose everything.
- We are not alone: the Church Militant and the Church Triumphant are closely knit, interwoven in charity. We on earth must intercede for each other and believe and ask for the intercession of the saints.
- God makes use of the weak to demonstrate His might and love.
- If we do not believe in miracles, we do not ask for them. If we do not ask for them, they will not be granted. [!]
- Our life of faith is noticed by non-believers and they are not unaffected.
- What a difference a bishop can make.
- How often do you invoke the help of the saints and holy angels?
- God’s ways are not our ways.
- No one is too small to be an occasion of grace for others.