Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. Kelly: We will join in this effort in my parish after the morning Mass. On First Friday we have Adoration and Benedictio n after Mass during which we pray the prayer of consecrati on of the...
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: One thing to remember is allah is the word Arabic for god. Bibles in Arabic use the word allah for god even if the Egyptians don’ t like it. So if the prayer/...
- ex seaxe: My father was at St Edmunds, Ware, then the junior seminary for Westminste r, in the latter 1920s. He had a biretta with ONE flange. I have wondered how common that might have been. [One!...
- Son Of Sobieski: Since the First Friday of the month is dedicated as a day to make reparation s to The Sacred Heart of Jesus, it is most appropriat e to do this on this day!
- Penelope: I would imagine that December 6 was chosen because it’s First Friday.
- MrsAnchor: It may be pertinent: The Astro Activity is getting many evil peoples preparing. We must counter this.. It must be spoken of more often
- MrsAnchor: ^^^ Those arent Question Marks. An Emoji didnt show up (shrugs shoulders) Oh Well
- MrsAnchor: Amen! ?????? I am very happy to see much needed Battle Crys with Exorcists speaking out, along with Solid Priests/Bi shops and Cardinals. Teamwork is building. December 6th Will be...
- albinus1: It’s not just ethnic language communitie s that can segregate a parish into subgroups. In the early 70s the parish in which I grew up started having a “con temporary Mass...
- ProfKwasniewski: Here is a comparison of the old collect and the new. https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2017/1 1/another- collect-bi tes-dust.h tml Hard to see how this change was “...
- albinus1: How appropriat e that this should happen on Dec. 6, the Feast of St. Nicholas, who punched the heretic Arius in the face.
- MrsAnchor: This is Interestin g timing: The HEK-293 is rearing its head again̷ 0; “Aborted cells are used in the developmen t of artificial flavor enhancers by biotech company Senomyx, with...
- robtbrown: THREEHEART S says: mike hurcum writes wait ’til the minaret, sorry modern tower, rises high above Notre Dame in Paris and the call to prayer rings out. It certainly will not br for the...
- colospgs: Father, I think it would be helpful if you could repost this on Dec 4 or 5 for those of us who are not so organized.
- Suburbanbanshee: Um… Guys… ;. December 6 is a big deal saint̵ 7;s day. Why are you picking a candy day for kids, and one of the few bits of popular European Catholic identity in...
- Hidden One: Yes.
- Hidden One: I once spoke with a conservati ve imam about halal food. The imam explained that (permissib le) animals slaughtere d by “peo ple of the book” ; are halal, however we Christ...
- rhhenry: “Suc h a simple, and straight forward prayer. 221; True, even on the level of grammar: even I could noodle it out!
- Lurker 59: – – > Think about how the Novus Ordo has atomized Roman Catholics into smaller communitie s with hardly any points of contact. < – Over the years, the paris...
- Lurker 59: –> ;Think about how the Novus Ordo has atomized Roman Catholics into smaller communitie s with hardly any points of contact.wh ich clearly also involved veneration of a pagan,...
- THREEHEARTS: mike hurcum writes wait ’til the minaret, sorry modern tower, rises high above Notre Dame in Paris and the call to prayer rings out. It certainly will not br for the Angelus
- JimWi: I’m intrigued by the photo of altar boys in birettas – was that ever a norm in some part of the world? Probably cost-prohi bitive, but certainly a spectacle!
- Colm: Do the above guidelines (excluding what is specific to a Bishop as celebrant) apply to a Solemn High Mass or a Missa Cantata?
- The Cobbler: Women, as a rule, try to ensure everyone 8217;s feelings are protected. No visible hierarchy; jealousy is the inevitable result of seeing another above you. Nevermind that in pract...
- JustaSinner: Father, what if the Bishops and some clergy don’ t want our Blessed MotherR 17;s protection ? I know she is always there for us, but is it not true that we must ask and be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 6 December: Exorcists call for Fasting, Prayer, Reparation
- 21 Nov: Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. With a prayer of my own.
- Worthy reading. More Pachamama and more from Archbp. Viganò.
- ASK FATHER: Guidelines for sitting in choir, including birettaquette and also hoodiquette. With a short Fr. Z rant.
- ASK FATHER: We can eat halal meat?
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t the Assistant Deacons wear surplices during the Pontifical Mass at the Shrine? #MassoftheAmericas Wherein Fr. Z analyzes and then rants.
- ACTION ITEM! Seminarians are waiting for BIRETTAS! Priests are waiting for SATURNOS!
- Ultra-dissident “Voice of the Faithful” to host an online meeting about deaconettes. Anyone can register!
- For some lighter reading
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO – Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- They pretend it’s about language, but in reality it’s about content.
- MY VIEW FOR AWHILE: DC Mass Edition
- Some reading for the road
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Was there a good point in the Sunday sermon you heard? A good point? Share it.
A priest friend sent this. I share it for your … edification. One of the first things I thought of as I watched that is that the same crowd who like this stuff are the one’s who say that lace … Continue reading
Someone sent me a photo of a 1913 Ford. To put our changes over the last 100 or so years, some stats were included. Consider: The year is 1910, over one hundred years ago. What a difference a century makes! … Continue reading
From a reader: When I was in grade school (1990’s), I was taught by a very devout teacher that one should genuflect (kneel?) on both knees with a slight bow of the head when entering/leaving the pew during adoration of … Continue reading
The First Gay President didn’t have his way with the President of Senegal: Sanctimonious Obama rebuffed by African president on gay rights President Obama got off to an awkward start in Africa where he urged tolerance and equal rights for … Continue reading
Question… rather.. quaeritur: If a Catholic chooses to work in politics and help with a campaign for a candidate, should the aforementioned Catholic try to ascertain beforehand the candidates positions? Just asking. From LifeSite: WASHINGTON, D.C., June 28, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette: Pres. Barack Obama: On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, … Continue reading
From the WaPo comes some promotion of the Jesuit mystique. Here is a great example of how the MSM promotes liberal Catholics as the cool kid’s table. America Magazine is seemingly going to eschew the “liberal” and “conservative” dichotomy, rise … Continue reading
We have always known it would be this way, of course. From CNA: Obama’s Final Word: Catholics Must Buy/Provide Coverage for Abortion Drugs (CNSNews.com) – The Department of Health and Human Services today released the final text of the final … Continue reading
A friend send this very cool link to these very cool sisters. Meet the Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. First, I love the idea that there is a fairly new foundation interested in reparation for … Continue reading
I had a bit of a rest from posting a lot. The conference I attended was intense and I have been tired. I have a zillion emails in my inbox and I doubt I will be able to read them … Continue reading
My usual Roman bar breakfast. The days begins. We are about to have a talk by Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, for former Anglicans. He is reading a paper for Msgr. Andrew Burnham. Newton is … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now. Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution. I asked him if … Continue reading
Someone sent me a PDF of a parish bulletin for St. Patrick’s Church in Madison, WI dated 7 Feb 1965. On the front page there is this poem. Latin’s gone, peace is too; singin’ and shoutin’ from every pew. Altar’s … Continue reading
I saw this on CNA: Cardinal bars dissident priest from speaking on Archdiocesan property Boston, Mass., Jun 27, 2013 / 02:01 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archdiocese of Boston verified that an Austrian priest will not be allowed to speak on … Continue reading