- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- disco said You know who else hates cassocks? Satan
- penitentman80 said Up late studying for law school exams, so I missed...
- Lori Pieper said With Fox, you have to expect a news piece (op-ed)...
- Nan said Of course they’re black with a white collar!...
- semperficatholic said Oh Nan, how funny. I started to say something conc...
- Ed the Roman said robtbrown says: Ed the Roman says: Jesus never sai...
- ktfaith said The priest at the Novus Ordo Mass we attended actu...
- Sonshine135 said I went to the Solemn High Mass in Extraordinary Fo...
- Mike said Everytime I see a priest in a cassock I am re-affi...
- kimberley jean said Keep wearing the cassock but don’t make the...
- rkingall said The deacon gave the sermon today, and normally, th...
- Andrew Saucci said The only problem with criticizing a permanent deac...
- Matthew the Wayfarer said I grew up a non-Catholic and became a Byzantine ri...
- robtbrown said Ed the Roman says: Jesus never said anything about...
- Geoffrey said Sounds good to me. I’d love to see such an a...
- truthfinder said My bad, it was actually in an Ontario FSSP parish...
- Nan said @FrSam, we like your type of sloth! @Cafea Fruor,...
- lsclerkin said Was at Adoration today at St. Francis DeSales Semi...
- Giuseppe said We had the 2nd Sunday of Advent Mass, but with a c...
- truthfinder said I really like the second/third confiteor. I have...
- SKAY said Thank you , Father.
- Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock. | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out...
- CGPearson said Father, out of curiosity, what does it mean when y...
- Imrahil said One of the more humorous and ironic aspects of thi...
- Hank Igitur said All of our priests and all our seminarians from th...
- Imrahil said Hm, there are so many St. Theresas… which is...
- Unwilling said WWJS? Weeeeellll… The selection of what Je...
- 50 Years Since Sacrosanctum Concilium - BigPupit.com said [...] Z’s Blog 50 years of Sacrosanctum Conc...
- Bob B. said The reverse can happen, too. When you work for a C...
- Imrahil said On a similar note to what the dear @gloriainexcels...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Biased Media Coverage
Phil Lawler at CWN picked this up:
On the web site of Catholics for Obama [Quislings for Obama] right above the story blasting critics of the Plan B contraceptive—you’ll find a photo of Cardinal Timothy Dolan, roaring with laughter, with a smiling President … Continue reading
Apparently the Nuns On The Bus are still going ’round and ’round with their blatantly partisan political agenda.
From a reader:
The “Nuns on the Bus” tour has C-Bus for its next stop. This is the group that has been touring the … Continue reading
HuffPo has posted a spittle-flecked nutty from Jon O’Brien, president of the disgusting pro-abortion catholic group, Catholics … catholics For Choice.
O’Brien’s nutty was sparked by a post on the USCCB blog by Sr. Mary Ann Walsh.
Sr. Walsh wrote:
“Going to Catholics for Choice … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage.
The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term from … Continue reading
In his interview with the National Catholic Register, posted online in two parts on 2 and 4 October, the Prefect of the CDF, Archbishop Gerhard Müller said of the dealings of Rome and the SSPX:
“I believe that these problems will be resolved … Continue reading
AP’s cheap shot coverage of the Pope’s Butler’s unbelievably unimportant Vatican Trial of the Century!!!
The Trial. Nay rather… the Trial of the Century! The earthquake provoking butler-who-done-it in the Vatican!
The trial of the Holy Father’s document-leaking former-valet (keep repeating: the Butler, in the Office, with a Copying Machine), is comparable to what the ancient … Continue reading
My fellow Minnesotans will have the opportunity on election day this November to vote in favor of an amendment to the Minnesota state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Minnesota is ground-zero for … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
New York Times Finds Good Nuns
September 18, 2012
Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times:
The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly New York Times. This … Continue reading