Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- JustaSinner: So no confession s from the astronauts on the ISS in low Earth orbit?
- APX: Our statues were veiled after Mass.
- Matt C. Abbott: I’m keeping the Canons Regular in my prayers. They’ ;re good priests.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- REALLY BAD NEWS from St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: consecration
From a reader…
I have been wondering why the servers lift the priest’s chasuble during the consecration. From the sources that I could find, it was an old practice to help the priest because the chasubles were heavy. Is there a … Continue reading
From a reader:
This Sunday, I went to “Mass” at a church with an elderly associate pastor who sometimes forgets things (to be expected, I don’t blame him). But what happened on this occasion is an entirely different matter. He went … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was reprimanded today for kneeling at the altar during consecration and told there is an insult in the US church against this -I can find no documents that lead me to believe this is true. Any insight … Continue reading
From a reader:
This past Sunday, September 16, 2012, I attended mass celebrated by an elderly priest. Present on the altar was a covered ciborium. At the time father consecrated the large host the ciborium remained covered, father uncovered the ciborium … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it a rule that the priest is the only one in the sanctuary during the consecration?
No, there is no such rule.
Surely the deacons (subdeacons) and other servers must be there near to the altar, within the sanctuary. … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Lately, the music director at our church has been “tickling the ivories” during the Consecration. While at the piano, in the front of church (naturally), he has been playing tunes, based on hymms for sure, on the piano … Continue reading
From a reader:
During week day Masses the priest at our parish sometimes has no
server. In this circumstance he obviously has to go to the credence
table himself to get the gifts. After pouring the water and wine into
the Chalice he leaves … Continue reading