I received a tip via e-mail.
Before reading this, I am getting it second hand and also I have no way to get separate confirmation. So, we have to take this for what it is worth. It’s up to you.
Here is one sentence of the three sentence message I edited it to fix the English:
I´m back from Econe. I spoke with some people. Rome has accepted a response and wrote back positively. All is going well … this was said by Castrillon.
Remember that Card. Castrillon Hoyos, President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei gave Five Conditions to Bp. Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the SSPX.
These five points were conditions for continuing dialogue about closer unity between the SSPX and Rome.
The conditions did not concern explicit doctrinal issues about Vatican II or the Novus Ordo of Mass.
They focused on the public attitude of the SSPX toward the person of the Roman Pontiff and about unity.
Important factors to keep in mind:
- Twenty years ago, 30 June 1988, the split took place with the illicit consecrations of bishops.
- Pope Benedict has been a key figure, history, in the dialogue of the SSPX and Rome.
- Pope Benedict is the Pope most favorable toward the goals of the SSPX the SSPX is like to see.
- The longer the split continues, the harder it will be to heal it.
- After all this time, there are now followers of the SSPX who have never know anything other than this serious state of division and conflict.
- Card. Castrillon Hoyos is approaching 80 years of age, when he will more then like step down as President of Ecclesia Dei.
- Bp. Fellay will be under tremendous pressure to placate the hardcore followers of the SSPX who give financial support in an increasingly expensive world.
- Bp. Fellay is likely the least hardcore of the four excommunicated SSPX bishops.
- Bp. Fellay has been a bit cagey about the response he sent to Rome, neither saying that he accepted the conditions nor saying outright that he refused them.
I pray that the rumor/report I received is true.
I provide this so that you can motive to PRAY! PRAY NOW! that before the end of the month, Rome and SSPX can take these mutal steps toward each other.