SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 54 – Low “Quasimodo” Sunday: “A question for you!”
- Man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares. Good idea?
- LIVE VIDEO – 10 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Easter Saturday “in albis”
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 53 – Easter Saturday: “Sin is the shipwreck of the soul”
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 140. “Be wise as thou art cruel; do not press…”
- Is there ice on Mars? It seems that, yes, there is.
- LIVE VIDEO – 9 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Easter Friday
- 10-13 June – Guadalajara – Summorum Pontificum Conference
- Daily Rome Shot 126
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 52 – Easter Friday: Is Christ passing you by?
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 139. “O call not me to justify the wrong…”
- Daily Rome Shot 125
- ASK FATHER: Can we eat meat on Friday in the Octave of Easter?
- BOOK: Mysteries of the Lord’s Prayer
- PARIS: Priests arrested because of COVID-1984 guidelines
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 51 – Easter Thursday: “Virtue is difficult, a prolonged martyrdom.”
- LIVE VIDEO – 8 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Easter Thursday
- Vatican “rehabilitation” of … Judas?
- POLL: Traditional Latin Mass with VERNACULAR readings for low Masses
- Fishwrap, La Crock team up with Beans to attack Archbp. Chaput’s new book
- LIVE VIDEO – 7 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Easter Wednesday
- Daily Rome Shot 124
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 50 – Easter Wednesday: “You are a holy seed, a colony of bees, my joy and my crown”
- Daily Rome Shot 123
- Fr Hans Küng, R.I.P.
- LIVE VIDEO – 6 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Easter Tuesday
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 49 – Easter Tuesday: “The battle of spiritual resurrection”
- The Easter Sequence: Victimae paschali laudes
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 138. “When my love swears that she is made of truth…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 17 June 2008
I got a question from a reader, but I am simply too tired to get at it. You folks must help. This is from a priest. Help him concretely. Keep anecdotes to a minimum until we get concrete references. Our … Read More
Rather reminds me of … me … cleaning up comments posted by the less than polite, or the creators of rabbit holes.
Are you looking every day at the hermeneutically correct blog of His Hermeneuticalness the Hermeneutic of Continuity? No? Well… start! After all, he should wind up as the next Archbishop of Westminster. "Mene Mene Tekel Parsin…" Furthermore, it’s Father "Finigan" … Read More
WDTPRS has in the past given high kudos to His Excellency Bp. Arthur Seratelli of Paterson, NJ, and chairman of the USCCB’s liturgy committee has published something about liturgical translation on his diocese’s website. During the USCCB meeting, as you … Read More
My friend the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded former Rome correspondent for the ultra-lefty National Catholic Reporter has an interesting take on what happend in last week’s USCCB meeting when bishops discussed liturgical translation. I am just catching up on my articles … Read More
Someone sent me a copy of the program of the Liturgy Conference that will be held in Ireland in July Registrations can be made through the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org FOTA INTERNATIONAL LITURGY CONFERENCE Saturday, 12 July 2008 Programme 9.00: … Read More
I got a question from a reader: Dear Father, I am hoping you can help me with a practical question. The question is, when exactly does a Bishop who is presiding but not celebrating approach the altar and take the … Read More
I found this BBC story on Card. Castrillon Hoyos’ Mass at Westminster via the new blog Levavi (go give this young man a bump in his stats!). My emphases and comments. Church ‘comeback’ for Latin mass Cardinal Dario Hoyos is … Read More
I believe concelebration should be safe, legal and rare. There are times when I think it is fine to concelebrate. For example, at the Chrism Mass with one’s bishop in the Cathedral. There are other instances as well. However, concelebration … Read More
A reader sent me this article from The Boston Globe, sad city of parish closings. My emphases and comments. Losing a Space to Soar By Yvonne Abraham | June 11, 2008 It’s not what you expect to see when you … Read More