UPDATE:

A priest friend of mine in the Archdiocese just informed me that this sacrilegious farce was shut down. Thanks be to God.

I’ll leave the post, however, as a record of their nuttiness and as a warning to other parishes.

Do sacrilegious things and you will be exposed.

Please, dear readers, stop and say a prayer of reparation for the offense to our Eucharistic Lord and Mary’s Immaculate Heart.

Here is another situation about which I am simultaneously shocked but not surprised.

The leadership of this parish, in my native place (Twin Cities, MN) has been insane for years.  Places like this inspired me, in my fictional Diocese of Libville, to found the “Sing A New Faith Community Into Being Faith Community” and the “Engendering Togetherness Community of Welcome”.

Check out this video.  I’m starting at 3:30… This deals with the process for Communion.

This is pretty much a horror show.

It stuns me that this sacrilege would be allowed in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.

After the dismissal, as people leave the “worship space”, they are to take little envelopes, “packets”, with a host inside. I suppose the Host in the packet was at some point validly consecrated – I won’t assume that, since it’s Pax Christi, after all.

They are told to take only one. Yeah, right.  “Oh, dear, I’ll just take an extra for that nice Buddhist across the street.  That’ll make him feel good.”

They are to go to their cars and, in the car, consume the contents of the packet.

There isn’t any instruction about possible particles of a Host in the packet or on the person’s fingers, or subsequently on the steering wheel or floor mat.

For the NEXT Video from Pax Christi:

SCENE: IN PARKING LOT

NARRATOR: Oh No! A Host got a little crunched in the packet as Maggie is fumbling for her keys. Not to worry!   Bob, the helpful Satanist who stopped in to pick up a host for tonight’s desecration, helps Maggie with a cheerful smile.  He’s smiling under the mask.  Now hurry, Bob!  Social distancing!”

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in You must be joking! and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to VIDEO: More Communion Disaster – “Pax Christi” @PaxChristiEP of @ArchdioceseSPM. UPDATED

1. APX says:

This makes my heart sad.

2. mysticalrose says:

If this isn’t the abomination of desolation, I don’t know what is. What is the best means of reparation?

3. Joy1985 says:

God have mercy on us and on the whole world. PLEASE Lord let this insanity and terrible offense to Your Sacred Heart STOP. Let any Clergy who allows anything like this to happen in his Parish be made aware by the Holy spirit how truly wrong it is and to change it as soon as possible.

Our Father
    Hail Mary
    Glory Be

4. Irish Timothy says:

First off the inside of that church looks pretty Protestant for a Catholic Church. Sad. And to what you’ve said Fr Z……black mass loving satanists are going to have a field day! God help us and Blessed Virgin Mary please pray for us. There’s similar lunacy here in Canada too.

5. Fr. Youngtrad says:

This is explicitly forbidden in the Archdiocesan policies on COVID.

6. Nathanael says:

A good question, Mysticalrose.

7. Dan says:

I was dumb enough to post this initially in the wrong post! I am sorry about that.

How is it that a bishop can let this go on without correcting this situation in his diocese?
    The archdiocese of Minneapolis seems to be anything goes Catholicism. On the one hand you have St. Marks, St. Agnes and on the other Jon of Arc and this zoo Father is referencing.

I think one of the major issues many Catholic’s have with the church are bishops have the appearance of being cowards; who will not stand up for the Jesus Christ, the faith, or their prisoners. By the way any sign of the McCarrick Report? Just another example of Bishops, all the way up to the top, trying to ignore a problem and hope it will go the way. I don’t mean to come off as angry but it does get frustrating when our Shepards will not stand up for their flock. I know there are many good bishops and priests out there but they seem to be few and far between or suppressed by their hierarchy under the guise of being obedient.

I think this is also a major issues the ,so called, nones have with the Church as well. what is there to believe in when they see a leadership in the Church or their parish that do not seem to believe in the Real Presence or Jesus Christ at all. If the message is that Christ isn’t worth fighting for, then of course they are nones! They have been shown nothing to believe in!

I keep trying to give the benefit of the doubt in my head thinking, “they mean well”, “they are trying to maintain the souls in their charge without to much shock” “their intentions are good.” Well the road to where is paved with good intentions? We need our leaders to be MEN of faith and action.

8. Dan says:

Hopefully the other will get deleted.

9. ThePapalCount says:

This is outrageous. The bishop should shut this practice down without delay. Better to not receive Holy Communion at all than to receive Our Lord in an envelope in a parking lot. A spiritual communion would be in order. How could a Catholic priest even think this was legitimate?
    And we wonder why people have lost their belief in the Real Presence.

10. SimpleCatholic says:

I really struggle with charity when I see this. Often, when LifeSite posts something about things like this they end off with “For respectful communication please contact…”

I find myself asking whether in cases like this the time for “respectful communications” has passed. On one hand angry rants and screaming parishioners are usually ignored, but if this were my pastor, I would find it difficult to avoid flying into a rage. I really struggle with this.

11. ArthurH says:

Re the communion reception: AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So much for concern about particles of the host. Think of all the time that will save at each Mass usually spent cleansing vessels, a practice that is clearly not needed, at least there :( :(

12. B says:

WHERE IS THE BISHOP ?!?!?!?

13. Anneliese says:

I would prefer to see people not come to Mass at all if this is what’s going to be done. I get that people are afraid of getting sick. And yes, despite what some nay sayers may say, anybody can catch this virus and potentially die. However, let’s not turn Jesus into Lunchable Jesus. The bishops could have come up with better ideas. Perhaps following Poland’s lead would have been the best answer: offer more Masses so that people can spread out and not have to go through the carry out for communion. People shouldn’t be this afraid.

14. BrionyB says:

Oh no, that’s horrible. Wish I hadn’t watched. It reminds me of people collecting their name badge from the reception table at a conference, or picking up a free sample of some new product at the supermarket. No, no, no!

I know not everyone will agree – and I know many of us have gone without the Sacraments for too long already, and it has been a trial and a sorrow – but I truly think it would be better for the faithful to wait a while longer for Holy Communion if it can’t be done in a more fitting way than this.

15. Gaetano says:

They mention “gluten-free” hosts. Are these low-gluten, or actually gluten-free, making them invalid matter?

16. KateD says:

Dude! What time is Mass? 4:20? Totally Righteous!

I feel like the video should start with: “And now….Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy”

Are you sure that’s not from The Eye? C’mon…..it’s satire, right?

17. Cafea Fruor says:

Well, when you have a church that looks like a national park lodge or interstate highway welcome center, it’s no wonder people aren’t going to get the sacredness of the Blessed Sacrament and do nonsense like this. Church architecture speaks volumes…

18. It should be obvious to anyone with cultural awareness that this video is satire produced by Saturday Night Live. The narrator’s voice gives it away.

19. Mariana2 says:

“I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit; it’s the only way to be sure.”

20. Nathanael says:

“Or…we got seven canisters of CN-20. I say we roll them in there and nerve gas the whole…nest.”
    That’s worth a try, Mariana2, but we don’t even know if it’s gonna affect them.

21. Kansan says:

I went to the parish website just now and watched an “edited” version. Images of the envelopes being taken, then being opened and host consumed, were cut out. However, envelopes are still visible in other scenes. Seems like the process will continue, but without an online visual record of it.
    Scandalous!

22. Grabski says:

FWIW, in both NJ and NY, it was priests of the SSPX who sued the governors. The NY case slapped down Governor Cuomo

23. SemperServusDei says:

It was rumored that the parish assured everyone that each little bag was hermeneutically sealed. The problem was that to gain access to the host, you had to break the hermeneutics and violate the seal…

24. KateD says:

What?!? No Precious Blood in dixie cups?

And if they start handing out black Nike’s, RUN AWAY! Comet Neowise may be passing over head, but I assure you it’s not a shuttle to the mothership!

Seriously though, this outbreak is over, or near to it. They should just go back to Mass as normal. No innovations, no weird impositions on the laity

As I travel across the country I go into places where everyone is wearing masks and just smile broadly at them, refraining from saying “Thank you all for wearing masks so i don’t have to!”. By the time I leave several people have removed their masks. Sometimes it just takes the suggestion that it’s okay. Seeing someone without a mask on gives others permission to remove theirs. Sometimes people will ask why I don’t have a mask on, and I say, “Because I’m not afraid of your cooties…As a matter of fact, by exposing myself to them, I am allowing my immune system to learn how to fight whatever is in the air”. Then I’m always tempted to trace a circle on their arm while saying “Circle, circle, dot, dot. Now YOU’VE got the cootie shot. You can take your mask off now.” As I slug them in the shoulder.

When confronted with Sunday obligation and a church like the one shown….I dont make a reservation (Its MY Dad’s house! I’m NOT making a reservation to see Him!). I walk in, dodge the ushers and take a seat and present my self for communion if it’s being offered, kneeling and with my tongue out. They want to deny me? That’s on them. I’m just going to keep being normal.

Maybe this works because it’s not my parish. Our parish priest is a saint. He knows I’m a pain and gets out ahead of the church ladies to provide for our family. He is an amazing shepherd. God has been good to us.

But I think when it’s not our parish, we can do things that people in the parish can’t, for political/social reasons. In one church, after I presented myself kneeling and tongue out, I noticed one woman in the very back with a veil on. I hadn’t noticed her before, because she didn’t go forward. I think “they” had made it clear to her that she was not to present herself or something and she was trying to be obedient, but hold to her convictions. We, in our anonymity, can be the voice for these silenced faithful.

Maybe we should just show up as the CoronaVirus equivalent to the Red Death right as the church bells chime and move ghoulishly through the aisles….lol. It’s inevitable. The human population will all get this bug. Hiding in Prince Prospero’s castle won’t keep anyone safe….we know this now.

25. Pingback: SATVRDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit

26. Edward says:

KateD,
    Thank you for your expertise. It must be comforting to have this all figured out. No one else does. My wife and I wear masks in church. About half of the congregation does. Are we the smart ones or the dumb ones? I don’t know but after many years of scientific education and a career in a scientific field, I will go with an ounce of prevention with a novel virus. I truly hope you are correct. That way everyone wins.

27. jokkmk says: