Do you have good news for the readership today? Great things happening? Some victories or accomplishments? Clear movements and moments of grace?
There is so much bad news in the Church and the world right now, what with lunatic political office holders and shepherds determined to oppress their flocks. Let’s have some good news.
- For my part, I made a couple of DX QSOs today using a rig remotely, which I haven’t done for a long time. I tried to get Rodriguez Island but, no joy. But Italy and Slovakia boomed in.
- I was victorious yesterday in a tough game in which I used the Albin Gambit.
- The alstroemeria in the Two Trinities chapel has never been as nice. I guess more time in the dark really helps them bloom and last longer.
- A great text chat with a super-determined and faithful, traditional Catholic family man: they drive 2.5 hours each way with little kids for a Sunday SSPX Mass, because it is the closest TLM they have.
- More Christmas cards came yesterday and there was a large donation to the TMSM.
- I had supper with the local priest last night, which was very pleasant.
- Tonight Dr. Royal’s very good online course on Augustine’s Confessions will continue. Worthwhile. New insights.
- Some very useful things arrived from my amazon wishlist… there were no packing slips except in one box, so I am not sure whom to thank but… THANK YOU. These days I have been saying Mass for my benefactors almost every day. You are remembered by me and God knows who you are even when I am in the dark.