SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- OldProfK on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “Let it be in accordance with Your will, Lord; not as I would have it.”
- Diana on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Safe travels, Father! It was such a joy meeting on the street a few weeks back! And it seems you…”
- giveglory on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Dear Fr Z , I’ve known you since the days of St Agnes in St Paul, What Does the Prayer…”
- mo7 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Safe travels, Father.”
- amenamen on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “N d7 to f6; P f4 to f3 Q c3 to e5 mate”
- Kathleen10 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “I’m sorry for you, Fr. Z. It’s obvious how much you love being there, and it must be excellent to…”
- Greg the Geologist on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “I’ve driven down Ventura Boulevard in Reseda more than a few times, have yet to see any vampires – or…”
- KathyL on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: ““When There is No Joy in Dustville” would be a great title for a book, or if this doesn’t work…”
- BeatifyStickler on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Is the bronze bust of St. Philip also a reliquary? More and more I believe he is a Saint for…”
- maternalView on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: ““It also provided an opportunity for people to be generous to them…” That’s other half of the equation. I know folks…”
- Sid Cundiff in NC on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “I had hoped that you would have been able to live fulltime in Rome.”
- TheCavalierHatherly on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “A nice little Positif Organ. They’re great for accompanying a low Mass. Since we’re all about accompaniment. To quote some…”
- Discipula on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “When my dog finds a snake in the yard she’ll flip it up into the air in a very karate…”
- Irish Timothy on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Safe travels home Father Z! Thank you for all the posts during your trip, the prayers, updates and great meal…”
- Saint110676 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “For sure, traveling is no longer relaxing, as it was decades ago, at least for me. Too much stress at…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: April 2023
30 April (Vetus Ordo): St. Catherine of Siena, Doctrix. She has an immensely important message for our time.
Today is 30 April and in the traditional calendar it is the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, Doctrix of the Church. In the Novus Ordo her feast falls on 29 April (her dies natalis). She was canonized by a … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday after Easter (N.O.: 4th of) 2023
Too many people today are without good, strong preaching, to the detriment of all. Share the good stuff. It was the 3rd Sunday after Easter in the Vetus Ordo and the 4th Sunday of Easter in the Novus Ordo. In … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 30: Fr Z’s Kitchen – Vongole veraci
At the dawn of the tie-breaker between Ian Nepomniachtchi and Ding Liren the sun broke the horizon at 06:06. When it sets at 20:10, there should be a new official FIDE World Champion. It has been an amazing match. I … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-29 – Upcoming ordination and Fr. Tommy trouble
April 29th, 2023 Dear Diary, Thinking about the deacon Luis’s pending ordination in June. Too bad he’ll be alone up there in the sanctuary for his ordination. I really miss Butch, but he’s up there now having a nice bourbon … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 29: A bad nun and a bit with a dog
Rome enjoyed a new sunrise at 06:07 and looks forward to another beautiful building hue changing sunset this evening at 20:08. Seven minutes later the Ave Maria is supposed to ring… but won’t… mostly. In the Novus calendar it is … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 28: Patzers and Pasquinate
Sunrise 06:09 Sunset 20:07 Ave Maria 20:15 Welcome registrant: Servatius In the Novus calendar St. Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort is celebrated today. In the Vetus, we venerate St. Paul of the Cross, whose tomb is here in Rome at the … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 27: Crunchy little fishes and nibbles with tentacles
Sunrise in Rome was 06:10 and sunset will be at 20:06. Each day a little longer and they are, right now, beautiful days. The Ave Maria should ring at 20:15. It is the Feast of St. Peter Canisius, SJ, Doctor … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 26: The joy of concelebration
Here in the Eternal City the sunrise was at 0612 in a cloudless sky. Who knows what the sky shall be when the sun sets at 2005. The sky will probably be the same at the Ave Maria, still in … Read More
UPDATED: Head of Pontifical Academy for Life favors legalizing assisted suicide
UPDATE 25 April: As one of my correspondent’s wrote: I’ve seen it all: Paglia tweets the link to a Church Militant report DEFENDING his indefensible statements and “clarifications” Link to a serious and accurate video from Dr. Jules Gomes of … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 25: Rose and Rogation
0613 for sunrise today and 2004 for sunset. The Ave Maria is still in the 2015 cycle on this 115th day of the year. It is the Feast of St. Mark, Evangelist, liturgically rich. Today is a Rogation Day. Latin rogare means … Read More
If a NUKE can be gentle, this is it. VIDEO: A Bishop addresses the present crisis. ¡Hagan lío!
This is amazing. Watch every minute. It is part ONE. No other explanation? No. Just WATCH it.
ROME 23/04 – Day 24: Rooms, blooms and tentacles
01615 was the sun’s rising and at 2003 will it set. The Ave Maria is at 2015. Today is the Feast of, among others, foundress of the Brigidines, S. Maria Elisabeth Hesselblad (+1957 whose tomb is just up the way. … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 2nd Sunday after Easter (N.O.: 3rd of) 2023
Too many people today are without good, strong preaching, to the detriment of all. Share the good stuff. It was the 2nd Sunday after Easter in the Vetus Ordo and the 3rd Sunday of Easter in the Novus Ordo. Was … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 23: Salons and Solutions
Sun rise over Rome was at 6:16 and Sunset will be at 20:02. The Ave Maria should be rung at 20:15 right now. It is the Feast of St. George, whose relics are at San Giorgio in Velabro. Welcome registrants: … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 22: Nuptial and Nutella
Sun: came up at 0618. Sun: went down at 2001 The Ave Maria is stuck at 2015 for a while. Three Pope martyrs were in the book for today, Soter (+175), Caius (+296) and Agapitus I (+536). Concerning the last, … Read More
WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday of Easter (Novus Ordo): honey sweet summons
This Sunday, in the Novus Ordo calendar, is called the 3rd Sunday of Easter. Let’s have a look at the Collect. This Sunday’s Collect, it seems to me, reflects a conscious attempt on the part of Holy Church to remind … Read More
WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday after Easter (Vetus Ordo):devastation and ascent to joy
This Sunday in the Novus Ordo is the 3rd Sunday OF Easter. This Sunday in the Traditional Calendar is the 2nd Sunday AFTER Easter. This probably reflects how, traditionally Romans tend to count. But I am already digressing. Let’s see … Read More
ROME 23/04 – Day 21: Happy Birthday, Rome!
Today: Sunrise 0619 – Sunset 1959 – Ave Maria 2015 Today is the 2776the Birthday of Rome Alme Sol, curru nitido diem qui promis et celas aliusque et idem nasceris, possis nihil urbe Roma visere maius. Q. Horatius Flaccus Carmen … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-20 – Future financial trouble
April 20th, 2023 Dear Diary, Someone from some subcommittee or other of the USCCB came and gave a presentation. It was supposed to be for me, the priest council, and the clergy who are on my finance council. One of … Read More
Anglicans given the altar of St John Lateran for their thingie. Hijinxs ensues.
The other day a wretchedly scandalous thing took place in the Lateran Basilica. A group of English Anglicans had their liturgy, like a Mass but of course invalid because they don’t have valid orders, at an altar in the apse … Read More