SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- kurtmasur on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “Technically speaking, the TLM is THE Mass of Vatican II.”
- jflare29 on How to view the SSPX.: “One of my frustrations has been the Church’s persistent inability to make a clear decision. And be accountable to it…”
- Fr. Ó Buaidhe on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “I read somewhere that the Mass of canonisation was the last Solemn Papal Mass (i.e. with Tiara and Precious Tiara)…”
- Chrisc on How to view the SSPX.: “‘Irregularly regularized’ is a great term, though a bit of a mouthful.”
- acardnal on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “What?! No pastrami or corned beef sandwich from a New York deli either coming or going on this trip. Or…”
- RichR on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “After reading this, I then went to the (horrible, yet soon-to-be-defunct) ICEL translation of the Liturgy of the Hours. The…”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “The Georgian cheesy bread dish is Ajaski Khachapuri. House of Bread bakery just down the street from me is well…”
- dinsdale on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “Father Z, the Georgian pastry is called khachapuri, and the one in the photo looks to be excellent!”
- Cornelius on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “SOCOM? But Father, but Father . . .! Why would you be traveling to Special Operations Command? – for that’s…”
- Rod Halvorsen on How to view the SSPX.: “I am always curious as to exactly what piece of paper or utterance from a Pope it will take to…”
- Cornelius on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “It is surely no mere coincidence that this Saint – martyred for his rejection of homosex – was given June…”
- Fredi D'Alessio on How to view the SSPX.: “I think many of us who feel liturgically malnourished due to the unavailability of the Traditional Mass in our area…”
- Sue in soCal on Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.: “God bless you on the anniversary of your ordination, Fr. Z.”
- Fr. Reader on How to view the SSPX.: “Connected to “full Communion” but not to the SSPX. I wish the idea of “state of grace” is fostered a…”
- TWF on How to view the SSPX.: “I don’t think we can get away from the idea of “partial communion”. It clearly exists. The sacraments cannot exist…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Diary of Bp. McButterpants
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-12 – Preaching at the Cathedral
March 12th 2023 Dear Diary, Because it’s Lent and all, I really wanted to inspire people, so I asked the rector if I could do the homilies at the cathedral over the weekend. I’ll take off an extra couple of … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-11 – Fr. Tommy and Chester go for a walk
March 11th, 2023 Dear Diary Stormy day. Sent Fr. Tommy out to walk Chester. Pretty soon I hear him yelling outside my office. He’s on his phone. I’m looking down from my office window and he’s pacing up and down … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-10 – Odds and ends
March 10th, 2023 Dear Diary, I was subtle in asking Fr. Tommy about “VF” — and he said it was “Vicar Forane.” It sounded like “foreign” because Fr. Algernon is certainly that. But Tommy spelled it out, f-o-r-a-n-e. I thought … Read More
Comments Off on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-10 – Odds and ends
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-09 – Regional meeting
March 9th, 2023 Dear Diary, We had a regional bishops meeting yesterday. They were all there… Dozer, Jude, Andy, Mateo, Jack of course since it was at the archdiocese. Usually they’re a blast. Other folks do the work preparing policy … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-08 – Dozer’s new fundraiser
March 8, 2023 Dear Diary, Dozer has new fundraiser in his diocese called the “Catholic New Era Fund.” It’s an older low-key nonprofit setup that used to be called the “Bishop’s Fund”. People stopped giving. So Doze removed the word … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-07 – A visit from Bp. Antuninu “Dozer” Ruspa
Dozer came for a visit, stayed over. Long overdue. We went out for dinner and stayed up late. He’s just back from a trip to Rome. He went to Sicily too, of course. He looks well-rested. We caught up on … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-06
March 6, 2023 Dear Diary, “Mr. Domenico” has been the tailor here for years. Cute old guy. A true expert. Saw him just before Christmas to be fitted for some new things. He outdid himself. The new cassocks are slimming. … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-05
As we wait for more recent entries, here is an older one. Poor Fr. Tommy. He has to deal with a guy whose need not to be alone is nearly pathological. August 8th 2022 Dear Diary, Low-key day. Nothing on … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-04
Dear Diary, Today I’m off to do a wedding for a friend’s daughter. She’s marrying a nice Jewish boy, and I’ll officiate along with the rabbi. I love these ecumenical events! He told me to stay after for some nosh. I think … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-03
I don’t have any new entries from the private diary. Perhaps the mole has been caught. I don’t know. I have some oldies somewhere. However, I can now share a copy of the bishop’s coat of arms. I should have … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-02
March 2nd 2023 Dear Diary, Got a nasty note from the ACLU down the hall. (Annoying Canon Law Undesirables as Fr. Bruce called them.) Apparently I’m not supposed to allow a collection to be taken up at the Encountering the … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-01
Nothing new came in today so here is an oldie entry. August 1st 2022 Dear Diary, Tragedy has struck. Deacon Butch died in his sleep last night. His grandson called to tell me. Said he found him this morning, looking … Read More
Comments Off on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-01
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-28 Encounter the Encounter
Feb 27th, 2023 Dear Diary, Push-back on the new program “Encountering the Encounter”. Their main grousein the finance meetings is the money for hiring those two gals to do some online site for it, plus printing pamphlets and “worship aids” … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” 23-02-27 – Ad Lumina visit to Rome
February 27th 2023 Dear Diary, It chaps my hide, as my dad always said, that I’ve only been on one Ad Lumina visit to Rome. The pandemic messed so much up. So they’re talking about our region getting over there … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-26 – Saturday Vigil Mass
This just in. February 26th 2023 Dear Diary, Annoying Finance Council meeting Friday. Aren’t they all. Why they scheduled it for a Friday beats me. But anyway, we’re rolling in it. Or at least I think we are? Anyway, I’ve … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” 23-02-25 “Cathedraticum”
Feb 25th 2023, Dear Diary, A strange thing happened today. I suddenly hear Fr. Tommy shouting something in Latin in his office over and over again. Chester was immediately on the case and I followed. There was Tommy with the … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-24 Priests retiring.
24 Febuary ’23 Dear Diary, DANG! Three more priests opting for retirement this year. Granted, one of them is 87 and another is 79, but they’re reliable and -more important – they don’t cause me a lot of trouble. They … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-23 Finance meeting
A fresh entry has arrived. 23 February 2023 Dear Diary, Another Finance Council meeting from hell yesterday. Parishes whining about how much of their collection they have to forward to the diocese. It’s Lent, after all. I’d like to “offer … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-22
Again, on a busy day we get a fresh one. Feb 22nd, 2023 Dear Diary, Fat Tuesday has come and gone. Other than the flapjacks, good riddance. But I gotta admit I love Ash Wednesday, because so many people show … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-02-21
This one came in punctually. Perhaps on these busy days the mole has better access. Feb 21st, 2023 Dear Diary, “Fat Tuesday”… again. I used to hate this day every year before I was a bishop and people had to … Read More