SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Look at even more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- Daily Rome Shot 496
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Saints: Stories & Symbols
Today is the Dies Natalis of St. Gianna Beretta Molla (+28 April 1962 at 39 years of age). That is to say that St. Gianna died and was born into heaven today (thus, “birthday… dies natalis”). I have posted this … Read More
Not too long ago, I posted about a miraculous healing that occurred in New York, Long Island area. The occasion was a presentation about holy relics by Fr. Carlos Martins, who has an apostolate called Treasures Of The Church. It … Read More
Today is the feast of St. Bernadette Soubirous. I am reminded by her feast of a post I wrote some time ago about “incorruptibles”, saints whose bodies do not decay in the normal course of such things. HERE According to … Read More
Today is the feast of St. Justin, Martyr, who was killed in about 165. COLLECT (1962): Deus, qui per stultitiam crucis eminentem Iesu Christi scientiam beatum Iustinum Martyrem mirabíliter docuisti; eius nobis intercessione concede; ut, errorum circumventione depulsa, fidei firmitatem … Read More
Today is Lady Day, the Feast of the Annunciation, the instant of the Incarnation. However, 25 March is also the Feast of the Good Thief, St. Dismas! Fulton Sheen famously quipped of this thief-saint that he “stole heaven”. A good thief … Read More
I have written before that if we do not ask for miracles, we will not obtain them. You should daily beg God to give us sudden, complete, and lasting relief from the Wuhan Devil, COVID-1984 and all its accursed ramifications. … Read More
20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima – We need their intercession now more than ever.
Young Jacinta and Francisco, the seers of Fatima were canonized in 2017. They are, I believe, the youngest canonized non-martyr saints on the calendar. “On the calendar…”. They aren’t on the traditional Roman calendar. I’ve written about that before. We … Read More
Today is the feast of St. Agatha, a virgin martyr and saint of the Roman Canon. Agatha was martyred in Sicily in about 251 during the time of the Emperor Decius and her tomb is at Catania. In Rome there … Read More
Makes you think, doesn’t it. Look around at what is going on. February 1st is the feast of the Blessed Martyrs of Angers, commemorating 99 Catholics from among the thousands massacred by French Revolutionaries at Avrillé between 1793 and 1794 … Read More
Today is the Feast of Sts. Vincent and Anastasius. Their church Rome is of interest. It faces the famous Trevi fountain. It is the place where the entrails of lots of Popes were kept. You read that right. Back in … Read More
Happy Feast of St. Melania the Younger. St. Melania was a Roman saint, and “Desert Mother” who died in Jerusalem on this day in 439. She is the grandaughter of St. Melania the Elder. Melania married young. After their children … Read More
Pres. Trump issued a proclamation for the 850th anniversary of the Martyrdom of St. Thomas Becket. Note, that in this proclamation, Pres. Trump mentions Card. Zen and the plight of Christians under the Communists. WhiteHouse.gov Proclamation on 850th Anniversary of … Read More
Sometimes I get questions about certain practices or prayers. Someone might find a slip of paper saying, “Pray this and X will happen.” Some will ask me about prayers that receive X number of days off of Purgatory. There is … Read More
When I was living in Rome, I made a point to visit or, if possible, say Mass at churches or altars in Rome dedicated to all the saints of the Roman Canon. Every day, since I read the Traditional Latin … Read More
This comes a little late in the day, but on 10 October in 1982 John Paul II canonized St. Maximilian Kolbe. Paul VI had beatified him as a confessor, but JP2 canonized him as a martyr. St. Maximilian’s case is … Read More
In these days of The Present Crisis a few bishops took a step towards sanity and asked their people once again to pray the St. Michael Prayer after Mass. I think we should bring the Leonine Prayers back… all of … Read More
Today is the Feast of the “Pearl of York”, St. Margaret Clitherow, an English martyr, killed horribly by pressing in 1586. She helped priests, which brought the terrible death they inflicted on her on 25 March, “Lady Day” which was … Read More
Chalice used for target practice by Islamic militants displayed to raise awareness of persecuted Christians
From CNA: Chalice shot by ISIS militants to be displayed in Spanish churches CNA Staff, Aug 28, 2020 / 06:11 pm MT (CNA).- As part of an effort to remember and pray for persecuted Christians, several churches in the Diocese … Read More
21 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Jane de Chantal, Widow and Foundress
Daily, I live-stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). Today: St. Jane de Chantal, Widow, Foundress Prayers Added: For the sick, near to death After Mass: Prayer in time pf pandemic … Read More