SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- mo7 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Safe travels, Father.”
- amenamen on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “N d7 to f6; P f4 to f3 Q c3 to e5 mate”
- Kathleen10 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “I’m sorry for you, Fr. Z. It’s obvious how much you love being there, and it must be excellent to…”
- Greg the Geologist on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “I’ve driven down Ventura Boulevard in Reseda more than a few times, have yet to see any vampires – or…”
- KathyL on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: ““When There is No Joy in Dustville” would be a great title for a book, or if this doesn’t work…”
- BeatifyStickler on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Is the bronze bust of St. Philip also a reliquary? More and more I believe he is a Saint for…”
- maternalView on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: ““It also provided an opportunity for people to be generous to them…” That’s other half of the equation. I know folks…”
- Sid Cundiff in NC on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “I had hoped that you would have been able to live fulltime in Rome.”
- TheCavalierHatherly on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “A nice little Positif Organ. They’re great for accompanying a low Mass. Since we’re all about accompaniment. To quote some…”
- Discipula on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “When my dog finds a snake in the yard she’ll flip it up into the air in a very karate…”
- Irish Timothy on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Safe travels home Father Z! Thank you for all the posts during your trip, the prayers, updates and great meal…”
- Saint110676 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “For sure, traveling is no longer relaxing, as it was decades ago, at least for me. Too much stress at…”
- hwriggles4 on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Have a safe trip home Father Z. Hopefully you won’t have trouble making a connection at ATL, EWR, JFK, MSP,…”
- ThePapalCount on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Fr Z thanks for taking us all along on your sojourn to Rome – again. Never tire of your photos…”
- Tom of John of God on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “Thank you for taking us with you on this beautiful pilgrimage. I have looked forward to each day’s post, and…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: SESSIUNCULA
ROME 23/05 – Day 18: “A little bit of chicken fried”
The sun hath arisen: 05:45. The sun shall sink: 20:29. The Ave Maria Bell would be heard to hath rung: 20:45. Verily, it soundeth not. It is the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord, deeply mysterious. It is … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 17: Wherein Fr. Z rants about the Novus Ordo and the Vetus Ordo
At 05:46 the sun was up. At 20:28 it’ll go down, from our perspective. The Ave Maria should sound at 20:45 still. It is the 137th day of the year and the Vigil of the Ascension of the Lord. NB: … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 16: Once upon a time….
Each day is just a little longer. The sun rose at 05:47 and will set at 20:27. The Ave Maria Bell ought to be rung at 20:45 right now. In a few days it will shift another 15 minutes to … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 15: Fanning the shot
Roman sunrise was at 05:48. I was up and the sky was mostly clear. Not so much now. The sunset will be at 20:26 and if things remain as they are, we won’t see it. The Ave Maria Bells should … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-12 – Bishops Statement on Immigration
EDITOR: Still catching up with diary pages from the “mole”. Sometimes the transcription takes a while, too. Some of you might not know all the bishops of the region that includes the Diocese of Libville. Archbishop of Red Bird: John … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 14: Torn in halves
A priest shows altar boys how to sing the Sunday Epistle in Latin. Yes, they are singing. Yes, they are singing Latin. Yes, it’s from the Letter of the Apostle James and not something the boys already know. Yes, it … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 13: Bunches
I did not see the sunrise at 05:50, because it was cloudy. I doubt I will see the sunset at 20:24 because it will still be cloudy. The Ave Maria won’t be heard at 20:30 even though it is scheduled … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 12: Clams, Coffee Makers and Cedri
The Ave Maria Bell is now in 20:30 mode. In some hours the sun will set at 20:22 having risen at 05:51. We celebrated St. Nereus and Achilleus and Flavia Domatilla and Pancratius today. I with tattered vestments. Not for … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 11: Feasting on rabbit
At 05:52 the sun rose over Rome. At 20:21 the sun will un-rise over Rome. HOWEVER… the Ave Maria Bell is now in it’s next bracket, scheduled to ring forth at 20:45. Welcome registrant: Monete Fr. No Dog In The … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 10: Hardness of water and freshness of brains
05:53 and 20:20 and 20:30 and it is the Feast of St. Isidore the Worker, the same who was canonized on that fateful day, 12 March 1622 by Gregory XV along with Sts. Ignatius Loyola, Francis Xavier (aka “the real … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 09: Bronze, silver, and gold
To get high the sky over Rome, the Sun had to rise at 05:55. It will decline to the horizon line at 20: 19. The Ave Maria Bell is at 20:30. Today is, among others, the Feast of the Old … Read More
8 May Indulgence: Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
There is a beautiful tradition for 8 May, this year Sunday (often right at 1200 noon). Once upon a time one could obtain this day a plenary indulgence by reciting the Supplication to the Madonna of Pompei. The other day for … Read More
St. John in Oil
Today is, along with being the day of the Swearing of the new Swiss Guards, the Feast of St. John at the Latin Gate. The Romans call it San Giovanni “sott’olio… St. John in oil”, which sounds like how you … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 06: Falling apart and weird vegetables
The skies were brightening already over Rome when the sun broke the horizon at 05:58. It will set at 20:16. The Ave Maria Bell is in the 20:30 cycle. Welcome registrants: Paladino Pankrac It is the Feast of, as the … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 05: Days of celebration
Can this be rapid? Sunrise, 05:59 Sunset, 20:15 Ave Maria 20:30 Feast of Pius V. Look at this prayer and think about what he did. O, God, Who graciously chose blessed Pius as Supreme Pontiff, to crush the enemies of … Read More
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
PLEASE use the sharing buttons! Thanks! In your charity would you please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read? Continued from THESE. Let’s remember all who are ill, who will … Read More
VIDEO from Bp. Vitus Huonder: “The Great Wound – Part 2” on “Novus Ordo Missae”
ROME 23/05 – Day 04: Monnica and Martyrs and Missouri (a sweet new book for girls about Benedictine Nuns)
Today the Ave Maria Bell ring time has moved into a new stage of its cycles, now scheduled – and ignored – at 2-:30. The Roman sunrise was 06:01. The Roman sunset will be at 20:14. Welcome new registrant: deaconchuck … Read More
ROME 23/05 – Day 03: Relics, rabbits and rates
Today the sun rose at 06:02. This evening the sun will set at 20:18. The Ave Maria Bell will not ring at 20:15, though it should. In the Novus calendar it is the Feast of Sts. Philip and James the … Read More
From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-02 – Fr. Tommy’s replacement
May 2nd, 2023 Dear Diary, Bad news. Fr. Tommy has more than a sprained ankle. The maley-something bone, the lump on the side of the ankle is broken. No way he can do anything for a few weeks. Vijay has … Read More