Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- WVC: @DavidMich ael – very well put.
- The Egyptian: kent; your figures are off, Over 2700 Tons of ammonium nitrate, that is right, 2700, approximat ely 1000 pounds took the side out of the Murrow office building years ago, This proba...
- OssaSola: Do we know yet how this poor priest is doing?
- JesusFreak84: The fact that Father tries to keep going at first is dedication ! Hopefully the Lord spares him for it…
- DavidMichael: What I find most horrible about universal masking is that it, and “soc ial” distancing , forces people apart, requiring us to treat ourselves and everyone else as disea...
- iamlucky13: Wow. And to think that was over a mile away. I am praying for the people of Beirut, and the repose of the souls of those who died. “The cause might have been exploding ammon...
- Toan: Personally , I have a hard time getting too excited about this Zoom meeting. Basically all we know is that they discussed rad trads̷ 0;We don’ t know what was said or what conclus...
- The Masked Chicken: psalm 37:4-5 wrote: “And I also thought too, if the mask protects people, then if you wear one, and I don’t, how are you being harmed?“ Masks are not symmetric barriers. They...
- The Masked Chicken: Dear Antonin, If I gave the impression that I were in favor of a technocrac y, then I seem to have written badly. I am not in favor of a technocrac y in any way, shape, or form,...
- seeker: The idea behind the mask is that it mainly protects others more than the wearer. So if you have no concerns for yourself and don’ t mask you are really making the decsion for others....
- seeker: Maybe Bishop Barron and his media friends could take this approach, biblical in origin: So now I tell you, have nothing to do with these men, and let them go. For if this endeavor or this...
- FrJohnDowney: These comments about Bishop Barron could easily be applied to me too. I’ve been known to have an “Inv itation Only” ; Finance Council Meeting in the parish. I don...
- APX: Doesn’t it seem like only yesterday, the western world was agreed that women being forced to cover their faces in Islamic countries was dehumanizi ng? This was my first thought as a woman in a...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent post and comments. Deo volente, Bishop Barron will accept Fr. Z’s invitation to celebrate Holy Mass in the Traditiona l Roman Rite. What a joyous opportunit y for all....
- Ave Maria: I have not paid any attention to anything from Bp. Barron for a number of years. However it might be noted that on our parishR 17;s Flocknote site, there is always now the option to...
- adriennep: Our local NO parish is having severe depopulati on crisis. Seems the modernists can’t take a little suffering and their fans would rather “wait for a vaccine” before receiving Our Lord...
- ChesterFrank: Read some of the hateful comments in that twitter feed
- ChesterFrank: Do you think maybe the leftward leaning political operatives are eye on an thumb in the Church? Recently news media have run stories how some conservati ve folks are fearful of...
- RosaryRose: I meant Trad world has been screaming about it
- RosaryRose: I just realized: This is not about Tradition vs post-VII modernism, or Bishop Sheen, or Alexa numbers. This is about Archbishop Vigano and the McCarrick report. The read world has been...
- JustaSinner: Haven̵ 7;t seen a blast in Beirut like that since July ’87& #8230;
- Fallibilissimo: I think this is a great initiative by the Bishop and is a welcome dose of much needed leadership in Catholic “new ” media (it’ s not new anymore). I only saw the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Each “sid e” – and there seem to be a dozen or more iterations of the sides – seems to think that *theirs* is the side of the Angels. But did not...
- Gil Garza: Content is, as they say, king. The content of the ancient Roman liturgy is unmatched in the Christian world. This content will transform the Church and the World. The reason, in my view,...
- JonPatrick: One issue particular ly between Bishop Barron and Church Militant is his view that we have a reasonable hope that all men are saved and that hell is empty. To many this sounds like...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 5 August – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Mary “at the snow” – VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- VIDEO: Beirut blast hits church during Mass. Awful.
- @BishopBarron held a secret, “invite-only” meeting about the rise of “trads”. Wherein Fr. Z opines and invites (again)
- 4 August – Traditional Latin Mass – St Dominic – VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- 3 August – Traditional Latin Mass – Intention: Benedict XVI – VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ACTION ITEM! Benedict XVI “frail” and sick with bacterial infection
- Concerning COVID-1984 masks
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 9th after Pentecost (NO: 18th Ordinary) 2020
- 2 August – Traditional Latin Mass – SERMON ONLY 9th Sunday after Pentecost – VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- HORRIFYING: Cathedral priests reject for confession anyone not-registered, verified by their documented GIVING in the last year!!
- PODCAzT 183: Bp. Schneider’s call for a Crusade of Eucharistic Reparation – ACTION ITEM!
- 1 August: Feast of Blessed M. Stella and her Ten Companions, the The Martyrs of Nowogrodek – FOLLOW UP
- Notes about how the relics of the Old Testament Maccabees martyrs reached Rome
- Washington DC: young people chalk “Black Pre-born Lives Matter” on sidewalk and are ARRESTED!
- 1 August – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive: Immaculate Heart of BVM – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Lammas – Loaf Mass Day – 1 August
- ACTION ITEM! A priest’s request for prayers – IMPORTANT UPDATE!
- A cause of today’s ecclesial schizophrenia: priests don’t know Latin
- 31 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Ignatius Loyola – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen and NEW BOOK: Patum Piperium and Christ The Liturgy
- ACTION ITEM! Prayers for Msgr. Charles Pope, tested positive for COVID
- Fr. Z Swag In The Wild
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR A DYING PRIEST: Fr. Charles Briggs
- 30 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive Mass for the Deliverance from Death in Time of Pestilence – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LAUNCH! PERSEVERANCE has MOXIE
- Rep. Jim Jordan in House hearing: “Big Tech’s out to get conservatives” – VIDEO
- 29 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Martha – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- The Traditional Latin Mass is going to be a key to any positive future for Catholicism in these USA.
- China hacked the Vatican? Of COURSE China hacked the Vatican!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
I will LIVE stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). Today: Votive Mass for defense of the Church Prayers Added: Pro Papa (Emerito) After Mass: Prayer in time of pandemic INTENTION: … Continue reading
Last night I was on with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN to talk about the “survey” to be sent out to the world’s bishops about the implementation of Summorum Pontificum in their dioceses. One point I made is that a survey is … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z muses about the “survey” sent to bishops about Summorum Pontificum. Rant and suggestions. UPDATED
UPDATED BELOW A few days ago news came out [at Rorate first, publicly] that the CDF has sent or will send to the bishops of the world questionnaires about the implementation of Summorum Pontificum. The questionnaire is sort of a … Continue reading
16 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Easter Thursday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – With a fervorino (aka homily) – Pope Benedict XVI’s Birthday
Will you please subscribe to my channel? HERE I will LIVE stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). The Mass formulary: Thursday in the Octave of Easter. It is Pope Benedict … Continue reading
Numerous priests have written to me, asking about what to do about the Sacred Triduum in private. I’ve been pondering and consulting. Summorum Pontificum 2 excepts the Triduum for Holy Mass in the Vetus Ordo sine populo. However, Card. Sarah, … Continue reading
Today the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (which absorbed my old office, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“) issued a decree making it possible to celebrate saints canonized after 1906 using the traditional Missale Romanum. HERE In another decree … Continue reading
In Guadalajara, Mexico, there will be a conference about Sacred Liturgy, called Summorum Pontificum. 11-14 June. It will be held by the FSSP in Mexico. Card. Burke will be there. This will be their third annual conference. There will also be … Continue reading
LifeSite has a video about the Summorum Pontificum procession to St. Peter’s Basilica and the Pontifical Mass.
Invariably, priests who learn the Extraordinary (because it’s great, not because supposed to be rare) experience a shift in their understanding of Holy Mass and their position as priest/victim at the altar. Here is a blurb I picked up from Messa … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT, which also serves as a PRAYERCAzT (my somewhat languishing project to provide Latin language help for men learning the TLM) we will hear the minimum amount of Latin required in the rite of Baptism of One Child … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Thank you for your blog. I get so much from it! Never stop! I know you like one question at a time, but maybe you’ll do this. I heard a podcast at 1 Peter 5 with … Continue reading
I need seminarians and young (especially) priests to pay attention to this. Chad Pecknold, contributing editor at the Catholic Herald (where I have a weekly column), is articulate, bring and right. He manifests these attributes much to the dismay of … Continue reading
At NLM Peter Kwasniewski has a piece about how concelebration has been and still is being forced on priests. For some, this is almost a mania and you incur their wrath if you don’t con-comply. I say that concelebration should … Continue reading