SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- It’s not just the numbers right now, it’s the rate of growth.
- VIDEO: On Sunday, Bp. Thomas Tobin of Providence visited the parish entrusted to the FSSP. Terrific. Exemplary.
- Powerful denunciation of Traditionis custodes … by a bishop.
- 26 July: Wherein Fr. Z asks St Ann to: “Soften the hearts of all those who will now be involved with the implementation of Traditionis custodes.”
- Five years ago today.
- Daily Rome Shot 228
- A particular word in the Collect for St. James
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 25 July ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 227
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (17th Ordinary – N.O.)
- Day 9: St. Ann Novena – “With you and Mary and all the saints…”
- Searching for Bobby Fischer’s search for the Catholic Church
- Daily Rome Shot 226
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Sin-Teflon and Demon-Kevlar
- ‘Traditionis’: a picture is worth a thousand words. Wherein Fr. Z is deeply moved.
- “Moves against the Latin Mass seems to me typical of a clerical hate towards the laity.”
- Day 8: St. Ann Novena – “Above all, obtain for me the grace…”
- VIDEO: Robert Royal and Fr. Murray on EWTN about ‘Traditionis’
- BISHOP: “Francis used a chainsaw when only a scalpel was needed.”
- Baseball’s Cleveland Indians change name to… guess what….
- BISHOPS! Have you ever seen the pain?
- Day 7: St. Ann Novena – “Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted.”
- Latin Mass Society examination of ‘Traditiones Custodes’
- Daily Rome Shot 225
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene
- The wonders of Canon 87
- Day 6: St. Ann Novena – “Deign to commend it to your daughter…”
- Daily Rome Shot 224
- VIDEO: Francis and Bishops…. Can we count on you?
- Daily Rome Shot 223
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist
In the post-Conciliar, Novus Ordo calendar today is the Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas (+1274). Let’s hear two prayers from the Angelic Doctor, his Prayer Before Mass and Communion and his Prayer After Mass and Communion in both Latin and English. Some … Read More
The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist released their second CD, The Rosary. You will remember their 2013 Billboard chart-topping album, Mater Eucharistiae. HERE You might start thinking ahead toward Christmas shopping. Their new album, The Rosary, presents … Read More
This is worth your time. The Domincan Sister of Mary Mother of the Eucharist react to the election of Pope Francis. It seems that they had a film crew there while they were working on the production of their … Read More
UPDATE – REVIEW: CD – “Mater Eucharistiae” – Sacred Music from the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
UPDATE 13 August: Today is the release date of the disc! ORIGINAL POSTING 31 July 2013 In the past I have brought to your gracious attention the music CDs of the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles. They … Read More
The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist (decidedly not LCWR types!) are participating in a TV game show called the American Bible Challenge. More on them HERE. They are in the FINALS! My correspondent wrote: Don’t forget to watch the Dominican Sisters of Mary … Read More
The next stage of the American Bible Challenge is on tonight, Thursday, at 9 pm EDT on the Game Show Network This gameshow tests the contestant’s knowledge of baseball trivia. Gotchya. Among the teams competing are the Dominican Sisters of Mary, … Read More