SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Cornelius on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “The surest sign that something in the Church pleases God and suits His purposes is that it has endured. This…”
- HFL on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thanks for this very insightful instuction Father Z. I, too, had wondered about the timing issue of their receiving the…”
- Father JCPS on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Did Benedict XVI add the Prayers over the People during Lent back to the Roman Missal or did Saint John…”
- Imrahil on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023: “Not a sermon note, but at the charismatic event I attended (which I had been planning if I was home,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “We have an entry in Butler for St. Gameliel: “He was of the sect of the Pharisees, and a doctor…”
- ThePapalCount on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thank you FrZ for this exceptional teaching and insight. This makes the whole Pentecost event even more powerful and amazing.…”
- Geoffrey on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: ““If the Octave of Pentecost can be abolished for the Novus Ordo calendar, it can be reinstated, just as Benedict…”
- Greg Hlatky on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “This applies to yesterday’s rant as well as today’s. I’m just a poor, dumb pew sitter but I’ve been a…”
- Dad of Six on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: ““Which of these breakfast pairings is mine? And why?” The ‘Pop Tart’ on the left. Because apples remind you of…”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: “i still remember when my late wife – before we were married – dropped her keys while exiting an elevator…”
- JonPatrick on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Concerning the fruits of traditional vs modern worship, I have been following the news from Gower MO and the exhumation…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants: “Further reading has proved: 1) There is an erratum in my above comment, the narrative of Simon’s blinding in the…”
- Tom of John of God on Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants: “Cornelius, you forgot one: Wherein Fr. Z accompanies…”
- hilltop on Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants: “Having read this post, I logged in to thank you for all of it and to make Cornelius’ comment above.…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants: “There is a background to that scene in the Acts, and I’m sure the lectionary’s authors had a legacy of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 20: It’s the little things.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apostles
NEW chant albums by Benedictines – Gower Abbey and Clear Creek
I am delighted that there are two new albums of chants by Benedictines. CDs and MP3 available. First in my heart are the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles at Gower Abbey, whose singing is angelic. The Holy Trinity … Read More
VIDEO (must see): The Benedictines of Mary are growing and BUILDING
The traditional Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, have expanded with a daughter house. These are the Benedictines who have made the beautiful music recordings that I feature often in my podcasts. They are … Read More
Marvelous piece about the Benedictine nuns at Gower Abbey and their new chant recording
The wonderful Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey in Missouri, who were the victims of drive by shootings a while ago, who are award winning recording artists, have a new disc of sacred music coming out in honor of Christ the … Read More
ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey, victims of drive-by shootings, need your help.
The wonderful Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey in Missouri have lately been victims of extremely dangerous… I am not making this up… drive by shootings. Drive by shootings. At NUNS. Let that sink in. The police are investigating. Shots were … Read More
News about a something for Gower Abbey and a CALL TO CATHOLIC CARPENTERS!
You may recall that the late and great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert Morlino, who died too early last November, consecrated the new Abbess of Gower Abbey in Missouri. These are the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles who make … Read More
VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
As we come to the end of the year, many of you are considering your end of year charitable giving for tax deductions, etc. Hence, I will probably drone on about the TMSM. However, I want to bring to … Read More
Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
I’ve written a few posts about the recent Consecration of the Abbey, and the Abbess, of Gower. HERE and HERE It was a terrific occasion, in the deepest sense of “terrific”. There are now available hi-res photos of the events. … Read More
SAVE THE LITURGY – SAVE THE WORLD: Thoughts on the Rites in the Starfield
I will probably post more in the near future about the Rites we experienced in Gower, for the Consecration of the new Abbey church and Abbess. Everything was done according to the traditional Roman Rite, using the pre-1961 Pontificale Romanum. … Read More
VIDEO & PICS – Pontifical Mass & Consecration of new Abbess, vows, clothing of nuns, revelation of location of new daughter house!
Today I was blessed to attend, at the newly consecrated Abbey Church of Our Lady of Ephesus, the blessing of the new Abbess, Mother Cecilia. Also, we had, in the context of the Pontifical Solemn Mass celebrated by His Excellency … Read More
LIVE VIDEO STREAM: 9-10 Sept. Traditional Consecrations of Abbey Church and new Abbess!
Over the years, I’ve written often of the great Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, in Gower, MO near Kansas City. They record wonderful music discs. They make vestments. They, above all, pray for priests and bishops. This … Read More
ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
UPDATE 19 August 2018: Great news! The wonderful Benedictines are being promoted. The will soon have a Abbess instead of a Prioress. Hence, come September there will be a traditional consecration of an Abbess. That hasn’t happened in these USA for … Read More
Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
Seeing that, in the Novus Ordo calendar, today is the memorial of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (the day after the Sacred Heart of Jesus), I point once again your attention to the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles whose … Read More
Comments Off on Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
New music disc from the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
The wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles have produced another great CD of music. The Hearts of Jesus, Mary & Joseph At Ephesus US HERE – UK HERE Enjoy this video! You can hear music from the new disc … Read More
Comments Off on New music disc from the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
Prints, cards of images from Our Lady of Fatima’s apparitions
The wonderful Benedict nuns in Missouri, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, have begun the building of their church. To raise funds they are selling prints and cards with art by the sisters. Here are two, appropriate for this … Read More
Comments Off on Prints, cards of images from Our Lady of Fatima’s apparitions
VIDEO: Her Triumph
The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in Missouri, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles sent me a note about a video they have for the centenary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima. The video features a cut from their … Read More
Comments Off on VIDEO: Her Triumph
Reader Feedback, Biretta Project Update, A Note to Cops, Challenge Coins
Some reader feedback. First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there. For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE Next, a snail mail card from a fellow … Read More
Serious priest taking it to the streets
Note that this priests says Mass for the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in Missouri. They’re apostolate is to pray for priests and bishops. I hope they pray for me. They have wonderful discs of music. Speaking of … Read More
REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
We are now in the week following the last Sunday of the liturgical year. Advent is heading towards us quickly. Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas … Read More
NEW MUSIC DISC FROM BENEDICTINE NUNS!
I’m doing my Christmas shopping now, so that Advent can be Advent. I will certainly get things from the Wyoming Coffee Carmelites and the Summit Soap Sisters. I just received from the wonderful Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apostles in … Read More
NEW MUSIC CD from the Benedictines of Mary! – UPDATE – AUDIO SAMPLES
UPDATE: All proceeds from the CD will go to building projects that the nuns have. HELP THEM BUILD! At CRUX there is a piece about the sisters. Check it out. […] Many of the nuns, ranging in age from 18 … Read More