SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Son of Saint Alphonsus on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Fathers: If for some reason you can’t obtain wine from a sacramental wine distributor, talk to someone at a local…”
- TonyO on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Did nearly all that…shot rifles at 9, though my pa could not afford to just give me my own gun,…”
- Jim Dorchak on Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA: “Our Son Thomas now has his first HAM radio. It was gifted to him by a Chilean friend of ours…”
- Cornelius on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born in 1958, this is all true for me (except the eating worms bit – didn’t do that, but I…”
- Fr Martin Fox on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “For most priests, I aver, it is no problem obtaining valid wine by way of companies that specialize in preparing…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Oh, 4139 Masses because I was a daily Mass attendee for over 10 years. I realize I hadn’t missed 4150…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Many years ago, when I was a wee chick in graduate school, I used to attend the university Newman Center.…”
- Littlemore on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “iPadre writes. . ?That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than…”
- sjoseph371 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I find it hard to believe that any priest cannot find the correct wine for Mass. What are they doing,…”
- Katherine on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “TonyO wrote, “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it…”
- Not on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just another issue that causes trepidation among Catholics. Recently I have experienced traditional Priests not accepting Baptisms from other traditional…”
- Cornelius on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I’m confused by this: “Therefore, for years, none of the Masses were valid. None of the intentions for Masses were…”
- maternalView on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Catholic beauty for the win!”
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just go back to the old Mass and the traditional forms of the Sacraments. No more doubts about validity. Never…”
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Pope Francis
ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is it permissible to attend an SSPX wedding? I thought that the couple (or priest) would first need to request permission from the local bishop and then also have a diocesan priest at the wedding, but … Read More
Pope Francis changed the Catechism about the death penalty. What next? Wherein Fr. Z opines.
I wonder if the recent move of the Holy Father to change the text – the teaching of the Church – of the paragraph in the Catechism of the Catholic Church about the death penalty will generate enough buzz to … Read More
Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
We had a phrase in the Curia that described our approach to some questions and challenges: Cunctando regitur mundus. This is a fundamental dimension of Romanitas: the world is ruled by delaying. You outwait your opponents, rather than outwit them. Think Cincinnatus and … Read More
Rex and Douthat on the edges and contours of the “Francis Effect”
At First Things, there is an essay cum review by Richard Rex (professor of Reformation history at Cambridge ) of Ross Douthat’s recent book: To Change the Church: Pope Francis and the Future of Catholicism I wrote about Michael “Wile E. Coyote” … Read More
Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
Some people were clued in a long time ago, but were asked to keep it under wraps. Now it is out in the open. The Dictator Pope (revised and updated) – now available in hard copy from Regnery for pre-order (23 … Read More
UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
Because I have about 60 emails having to do with this, and since I’ve already made a few comments about this odd story elsewhere, here is a follow up, for the sake of completeness. Sandro Magister posted the full text … Read More
Pew Research Center looks at Pope Francis’ numbers 5 years into his pontificate
At the site of the Pew Research Center you can read about the survey about Pope Francis five years into his pontificate. The numbers are on the move. They also, in surveying Americans, break the numbers down according to political leanings. … Read More
Video interview with Phil Lawler about book on Pope Francis: Lost Shepherd
I’m still reading the book, which will be vilified – with its author – by papalotrous libs who will not have read it. The New catholic Red Guards don’t permit questions. They don’t have to read, either. They react. Lost Shepherd: … Read More
Fr. Blake on That Book – “The Dictator Pope”
A couple people in my email have referred to the pseudo-anonymous offering Il Papa Dittatore – The Dictator Pope as “The Book”. My post HERE No… The Book™ remains Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church – US HERE – … Read More
Controversial Book about Pope Francis: “The Dictator Pope”
UPDATE: I am just about done with this. It’s quite a read. Among other things it is a summary of events of the last few years. At the pace of the modern world, one forgets. It is in English, too. … Read More
How does Pope Francis choose bishops of important dioceses?
Italian vaticanista Andrea Gagliarducci writes regularly a column at his place called “Monday Vatican”. You should read him. Today, however, he has a piece at CNA about how Pope Francis seems to approach the selection of and translation of bishops. … Read More
Another young person’s reaction to Pope Francis about liturgical reform
A young woman at my home parish, St. Agnes in St. Paul, MN, penned a piece for the National Catholic Register in reaction to Pope Francis’ recent curious statements about liturgical reform. As you may recall, the Pope (or, better, his ghost … Read More
Pope Francis saw a psychoanalyst every week for six months
His Holiness of Our Lord has made an interesting revelation. See the story at the UK’s best Catholic weekly (for which I also write), the Catholic Herald. Pope Francis saw a psychoanalyst every week for six months when he was … Read More
Putin v. Francis – FAKE NEWS
Claimed: Russian Prime Minister and former-KGB Lt Colonel Vladimir Putin has offered some rather negative comments about His Holiness Pope Francis. QUAERITUR: Is this “fake news”? Sure looks like it. From Your News Wire (my emphases and comments): Putin: ‘Pope Francis Is … Read More
Did Pope Francis insult some young priests? Fr. Z opines and tells a story.
This isn’t the sort of thing that should pull much of our attention or energy. However, I have been asked about it in email by a surprising number of people, including priests. It seems that the site Messa in latino picked … Read More
On this day… “Getting Francis Wrong”
Here is something to ponder. HERE On this day in 2013 I posted: Over at First Things I saw a piece called Five Myths About Pope Francis by William Doino Jr. What are those myths? 1. “Francis is the anti-Benedict.” … Read More
New book about influences of Communism and Socialism on Pope Francis
I arose today to a loud PING on my phone as a friend in Rome sent me a link to a piece in the American Spectator by the hardly-ever-subtle George Neumayr about the influence of Communism and Socialism on Pope Francis. The Spectator … Read More
‘Monday Vatican’ analysis of the state of the pontificate
In the wake of last week’s cover of the Rolling Stone, Andrea Gagliarducci in his Monday Vatican offering does some analysis of the status quaestionis, the present state, of the pontificate of Pope Francis, especially in view of the MSM. Read the whole thing, … Read More