SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 5th Sunday after Easter (6th Sunday of, N.O.)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
- What do we do when we synodize?
- ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 22: “Even in another church St. Rita is sad… about… you know.”
- ASK FATHER: What if 100 priests wanted to leave a diocese because of the bishop?
- LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!
- 22 June in the Novus Ordo: St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More
- ASK FATHER: Bishop bully: You have the right to kneel, but not to a kneeler.
- ROME 22/06 – Day 21: Different kinds of pawns
- “The point of entry must always be ‘situatedness’.”
- Too good not to post
- ROME 22/06 – Day 20: Field of flowers
- Online Conference with a good theme: Be Strong And Courageous – 18-22 July 2022
- Obedience and being a “restorationist”
- ROME 22/06 – Day 19: At a snail’s pace
- ROME 22/06 – Day 18: Honoring the Blessed Sacrament
- Your (Corpus Christi) Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL
- ROME 22/06 – Day 17: SPLAT!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- A look at Peter’s Pence
Let us pray…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Greg DiPippo
ASK FATHER: Why are the Novus Ordo and the Traditional Latin Mass just two “forms” instead of two different “rites”?
UPDATE 9 July: You might go over to The Remnant and watch Peter Kwasneiwski’s talk at the Roman Forum on the issue I treat, below, and a lot more. One of the important points he makes is the ever-increasing ultramontanism … Read More
Fr. de Souza responds to responses about “reconciliation” of newer and traditional Forms of the Roman Rite
UPDATE 26 July: Joseph Shaw of the LMS posted a response to Fr. de Souza’s response to us, who responded… etc. HERE ___ Originally Published on: Jul 25, 2017 @ 11:14 Some discussion about the “mutual enrichment” hoped for and promoted by Benedict … Read More
I can’t resist. This is from my friend Greg DiPippo: A scene from the soon-to-be-released film “Alien: New Covenant.” (An early press release from the studio accidentally omitted the word “new” from the title.) The xenomorphs have mated with … Read More
Over at NLM my friend Gregory DiPippo has a fine essay with reflections on the imposition of the vernacular for Holy Mass back in 1969/70. This topic has been on my mind lately, given that we have been at this … Read More
A friend of mine from my many years in Rome, Greg Di Pippo (very learnéd fellow), is going to be giving a talk in Boston, at the Cathedral, on the Extraordinary Form. There will be Holy Mass in the Extraordinary … Read More