SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
- What do we do when we synodize?
- ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 22: “Even in another church St. Rita is sad… about… you know.”
- Vatican Synod’s (“walking together”) on spirituality of synodality (“walking togetherality”) is coming: The merciful heart loves… demons.
- ASK FATHER: What if 100 priests wanted to leave a diocese because of the bishop?
- LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!
- 22 June in the Novus Ordo: St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More
- ASK FATHER: Bishop bully: You have the right to kneel, but not to a kneeler.
- ROME 22/06 – Day 21: Different kinds of pawns
- “The point of entry must always be ‘situatedness’.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Robert Card. Sarah
Card. Sarah’s latest interview includes comments on liturgy and Latin and Tradition, Benedict XVI, the Synod, and Vatican II
Do you read French? If not, use some online translation option and read the interview the great Robert Card. Sarah did at cath.ch. HERE The interviewer kept coming back around to questions about liturgy and Latin and tradition. The Cardinals answers … Read More
With the latest attack on the roots of our Catholic identity the Church is one step closer to becoming a punchline. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
From Le Figaro via National Catholic Register… with my emphases and comments… by the great Robert Card. Sarah. On the Credibility of the Catholic Church Doubt has taken hold of Western thought. Intellectuals and politicians alike describe the same impression … Read More
« I am an African. Let me say clearly : the liturgy is not the place to promote my culture. Rather, it is the place where my culture is baptised, where my culture is taken up into the Divine. » … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I heard a priest refer to his role as, “not the bouncer to the Eucharistic banquet but the server [as in waiter].”Most analogies fall flat, but this one hit a dissonant chord that I can’t quite … Read More
Je remercie chacun pour les nombreux messages que je reçois aujourd’hui à l’occasion de mon soixante-seizième anniversaire. Priez beaucoup pour moi. Que Dieu nous garde. +RS pic.twitter.com/nKqKUn4ns6 — Cardinal R. Sarah (@Card_R_Sarah) June 15, 2021
At the National Catholic Register (never to be confused with the Fishwrap), we read that Robert Card. Sarah has joined his voice to those of Cards. Raymond L. Burke, Gerhard L. Müller and Walter Brandmüller, who have objected to the St. … Read More
At Crisis, there is a piece about the crisis in the Catholic priesthood. No, this was not penned by a bishop. Nor by a priest. Nor even by a seminarian. Constance T. Hull wrote it, wife, mother, homeschooler who has … Read More
Wherein Damian Thompson (@holysmoke) vaporizes Christopher Lamb (@ctrlamb) of The Bitter Pill (aka @The_Tablet)
Over at the The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet, aka RU-486) a papalotrous fledgling of the New catholic Red Guard, Christopher Lamb, has a vicious hit piece about Robert Card. Sarah. I was going to spend part of my precious … Read More
Here is some essential reading about the Traditional Mass. The Traditional Mass: History, Form, and Theology of the Classical Roman Rite by Michael Fiedrowicz. US HERE – UK HERE Nothing Superfluous: An Explanation of the Symbolism of the Rite of St. Gregory the Great by Fr. … Read More
Before the official 12 March release, today I received from the publisher a hardcover of the new book by Card. Sarah and Pope Benedict XVI. US – pre-Order with a discount HERE FRENCH HERE There is AT LAST a UK link … Read More
New book by Francis strongly endorses priestly celibacy. Will Beans, Austen and crowd apologize to Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI?
Speaking of papal books, Francis has a new book now, released on 11 February. It was a cooperative venture with a priest, Fr. Luigi Epicoco. San Giovanni Paolo Magno. Or St. John Paul, The Great. As reported by CNA, In … Read More
At Church Militant there is a piece which accuracy sums up the controversy surrounding Card. Sarah’s recently published book, together with Benedict XVI. The Depths Of Our Hearts. The book is out in French and Italian. The English, inexplicably, languishes in … Read More
Ed Pentin, still the best, working English Vaticanista hands down, posted at the NCReg an interview with Robert Card. Sarah. The Cardinal talks about the book, to be released in English in March. I’ve read it already (advance English copy … Read More
UPDATE 6 Feb 2020: Some updates at the bottom: how other newsies are treating this. ___ Originally published on: Feb 6, 2020 at 02:43 The Italian daily Il Messaggero of 6 February has run with the story that was in the … Read More
Card. Sarah has met with Benedict XVI as the haters stir “incessant, nauseating, dishonest controversy” #BOOKGATE
The new book, From The Depths Of Our Hearts, has really freaked out some people on the left, including the papalotrous. US Pre-Order Soon HERE for 12 March 2020 release! – FRENCH HERE On my flight home the other day, I wrote: I … Read More
More on BOOKGATE below. But first, I thought some of you would enjoy this new litany (for private use) in Italian. LITANIE ANTIMODERNISTE O glorioso S.Ignazio fa finire questo strazio S. Giovanna d’Arco al modernista chiudi il varco … Read More
UPDATE 15 Jan 2020: Antonio Socci (not a fan of Francis) says in Facebook (I’m not a fan of Facebook) that Francis summoned Archbp. Gänswein, read him a riot act, and demanded that Benedict’s name be removed from the book. … Read More
Edward Pentin has posted at the National Catholic Register a summary of the FACTS surrounding the controversial new book from Card. Sarah and Pope Benedict XVI. HERE As you know, as soon as the book was announced the attacks began … Read More
“With all the priests, we pray: Save us, Lord, we perish!” A snippet from the new Benedict/Sarah book
A snip of the co-authored introduction from the new book, by Sarah and Benedict. The book is offered “en hommage” to all the priests of the world. We thought in particular of priests. Our priestly heart wanted to comfort them, … Read More