SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
- Can Ecumenical Councils ever be failures?
- Rome Shot 278
- ¡Hagan lío! Wonderful wine from traditional Benedictine monks!
- ASK FATHER: Is it sinful to make or use fake papers, vaccine passports, or false documents?
- Rome Shot 277
- What news did my mail and chat bring me today?
- 15 September: Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- Hurricane paths mapped from 1985 to 2005. Wherein Fr. Z rants about life-saving stuff.
- WDTPRS- Exaltation of the Cross and Basil Emeritus
- Rome Shot 276
- FOLLOW UP to “Of Leo XIII, Caruso, and Chess”
- Rome Shot 275
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 16th Sunday after Pentecost (24th Ordinary – N.O.)
- Francis leaves Hungary – strange hand gestures on departure
- Rome Shot 274
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it really make a difference to offer prayers to God?
- Rome Shot 273
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 12 September ’21
- Saturday Interlude: Of Leo XIII, Caruso, and Chess
- 2021-23 Synod… “Walking Together”… with?
- Rome Shot 272 (bonus)
- Of chess and clerics
- Rome Shot 271
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept is International Buy A Priest A Beer Day! #IBAPABD
- PARIS: Traditionis custodes … good news and bad news
- Rome Shot 270
- VALLI: What’s the mood like in the Vatican these days? And about Francis and ‘Traditionis custodes’
Let us pray…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Octave of Pentecost
I will LIVE stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). Today, 6 June 2020: Ember Saturday in the Octave of Pentecost. (Short Form) Follow HERE – Prayers added: Pro defensione Ecclesiae… … Read More
Some 11 years ago, I made a series of PODCAzTs for the Octave of Pentecost. My technical abilities have improved a little since then, and I seem to have had a little more energy, but they aren’t bad. So, these … Read More
People are sending me email about what to do on the Monday after Pentecost. Pope Francis designated that day as Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church. NB: In the traditional Roman calendar that day is, of course, … Read More
According to the older, traditional Roman calendar, today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost. The octave of Pentecost was lamentably killed off by the cutters and snippers of the Consilium in the post-Conciliar reform of the Roman liturgy. And … Read More
OLDIE PODCAzT from Friday in the Octave of Pentecost in 2008. ___________ Today is Friday in the Octave of Pentecost, or at least it ought to be in in the Novus Ordo as it is in the older, Traditional Roman … Read More
OLDIE PODCAzT: Pentecost Tuesday St John Paul on the unforgivable sin; O.L. of Fatima and the vision of Hell
Here is an item from the archives. It is dated, but enjoy! As I wrote then… ___ Today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost, or at least it ought to be in in the Novus Ordo as it is … Read More
From a priest: For those that follow the 1962 calendar or simply follow the traditional penitential days, are the ember days in the octave of Pentecost days of fast? It would seem not since the octave days, similar to Easter, … Read More
From a reader: At a local parish here in my Archdiocese, there is going to be a High Requiem Mass on Memorial Day, which this year takes place on one of the Octave Days of Pentecost. A priest at another … Read More