HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- APX: This is so much better than today’s “music”. Though, it could use more cowbell.
- TonyO: However, my sister lives in an area where the bishop is so opposed to tradition that he insisted the kids go to the local novus ordo first communion classes where they were being taught...
- Just Some Guy: 10/10
- Cincture: Fr Z- Indeed, nice things to say about the Mass and young people. This is a wonderful trend. We must too, not forget our priests; and Cardinal Sarah recently provided such an uplift...
- Cincture: Cardinal Sarah and Allegory of destructio n: https://ww w.catholic worldrepor t.com/2019 /06/21/car dinal-sara h-we-must- rebuild-th e-cathedra l-we-do-no t-need-to- invent-a-n ew-church/
- The Astronomer: P.S. Fr. Widner was Secretary for Communicat ions of the U.S. Jesuit Conference until 2011, when the role was assumed by Ms. Tracey Primrose, who currently remains in that role.
- The Astronomer: Supertradm um says: 24 June 2019 at 12:02 PM However, he was not and is not a saint. He had a rebellious side, which led him to sedevacant ism, and was rather “iffy” in his life....
- cajunpower: There are a lot of inconsiste ncies with Grein̵ 7;s story as it has evolved. I don’ t doubt that he was molested by McCarrick, but it’s odd that he is only now coming...
- tho: The revelation s that are coming out are akin to breaching the Berlin Wall. The Spirit of Vatican II should go the way of the USSR, all we need is a prelate, who will stand up with credibi...
- Gab: Let there never be any doubt … The True Presence: Eucharisti c Miracles Over the Centuries for Corpus Christi
- Kathleen10: There is no limit to the depth of satanic depravity and the church is filled with it. Outsiders cannot really conceive how vile it is, we only see vague glimpses or some human fallo...
- Gab: Ahahahaha! That works so well! On the downside, I will have that tune in my head all day! LOL. Well done, Fr Z.
- RichR: Correction : there are 30,000 earthquake s of this magnitude per year.
- RichR: 3.4 is the type of earthquake that is often felt, but only causes minor damage. There are close to 30,000 earthquake s per year globally. It’s disruptive , but not apocalypti c.
- veritas vincit: Just watched the Voris interview with James Grein. Harrowing. Graphic. (I second Father Z’s cautions). And all too believable . I remember hearing of an accusation against...
- iamlucky13: @ SanSan “Arg a–didn’t you see all the correspond ence? Do you need a dead body in front of you?” ; No correspond ence was shown. Mr. Voris reported he has copies of the...
- MissBee: Last picture is excellent.
- Semper Gumby: The Instrument um Laboris in English: https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 6/exclusiv e-full-tex t-of-amazo n-synod.ht ml?m=1 A few quotes: “In the Amazon, life is...
- Fr. Aaron Sandbothe: St Ephrem writes beautifull y on this in his Hymn on the Faith No.10: 1. Lord, you have had it written: ‘Ope n your mouth and I will fill it’ See, Lord, your...
- Supertradmum: Malachi Martin was a genius, a better than good writer, and had fantastic insights, which became rather prophetic. His Vatican insiders fed him great informatio n, and as a Jesuit, he...
- Dinocrates: I definitely think it’s a case by case situation. I live near a vibrant FSSP parish and there doesn̵ 7;t seem to me any logical reason to go to the SSPX chapel nearby. The...
- veritas vincit: “Goo d start, but should really put an interdict on the school. The Regulars couldn’t stay without risking censure. 8221; The 1983 revision of Code of Canon Law (if not...
- Semper Gumby: Well done, now on to the Fishwrap. Fool_for_C hrist: Those “rel igion̶ 1; teachers sound like a bad joke: Two feminists and a Marxist walk into a Catholic school and walk...
- Semper Gumby: Samuel Gregg̵ 7;s lecture is intriguing . The suggested reading is a half-dozen articles including Gregg̵ 7;s critiques of RR Reno (First Things) and Patrick Deneen (Notre...
- MB: Good old Malachi Martin! When they introduced Fr. Pedro ArrupeR 17;s cause for canonizati on, he was the first person I thought of!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The TMSM welcomes Bp. Hying to @MadisonDiocese
- PARODY SONG ALERT: Amazoniana Synod
- Shades of Windswept House – UPDATED with a new interview about the late Card. Bernardin
- Earthquake at near Rome – 20:43:47 (UTC) Magnitude 3.4 at a depth of 5 KM – @ Colonna, Italy
- VIDEO Fr @GeraldMurray8 and Dr @RobertSRoyal analyze hot-button issues
- ASK FATHER: Can I really fulfill my Mass obligation at an SSPX chapel?
- Concerning the upcoming Synod, Germans and Tapirs
- ACTION ITEM: How you can help defend the Seal of Confession in California
- “This ‘Communion in the hand’ thing needs to stop.”
- #ActonU 2019 Day 4: Great people… great content
- Archd. of Indianapolis says Jesuit school isn’t Catholic
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 8 October 2006
In all the hype about limbo these days, keep some things in mind. When he met with the International theological Commission at the end of their work, Benedict XVI didn’t do two things: he didn’t give them a normal post-meeting … Continue reading
This has come in via Rorate Coeli: Now the magazine of Continental Ultra-progressivism… Golias, the not incredibly popular magazine of French Ultra-progressive Catholic ideals, also publishes, in its current weekly issue, the information that a document on the liberalization of … Continue reading
In the handy volume called Denziger-Schönmetzer (L 5 – pp. 924-5)) there is an appendix on the question of limbo: Here is the text, in Latin (I will add some few abbreviations for clarity): Peccati originalis poena est carentia … Continue reading
The verb inebrio as you might guess means Ã¢â‚¬Å“to make drunk, inebriateÃ¢â‚¬Â. Pasco means, Ã¢â‚¬Å“to pasture, drive to pasture, to feed, attend to the feeding of; nourish; cherish, cultivateÃ¢â‚¬Â and also Ã¢â‚¬Å“feast, gratifyÃ¢â‚¬Â. Many of you will instantly make the connection of this verb with the moment on the shore of the Sea of Galilee when after His resurrection Jesus heals Peters betrayal and gives him his special role by saying: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Feed my lambsÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ Pasce agnos meosÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ pasce oves measÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ pasce oves measÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â (John 21:15-17). Transeo is, Ã¢â‚¬Å“to go over or across, to cross over, pass over, pass by, passÃ¢â‚¬Â or also Ã¢â‚¬Å“to go or pass over into any thing by transformation, to be changed or transformed into a thing.Ã¢â‚¬Â For example, you might like the proverbial chicken Ã¢â‚¬Å“cross overÃ¢â‚¬Â the road or like the shepherds in Luke 2:15 Ã¢â‚¬Å“go overÃ¢â‚¬Â to Bethlehem to see what had happened. Were you to cross over a river, surely you would get wet and your clothes would be tinged and imbued with water. Anything that passes through dye is certainly tinged. Our souls are tinged and permanently marked with the Christian character when we are baptized. We Ã¢â‚¬Å“transitÃ¢â‚¬Â from old death over to new life. Interestingly, the verb inebrio, according to soberingly thorough Lewis & Short Dictionary can also signify of colors, Ã¢â‚¬Å“to saturateÃ¢â‚¬Â as in amethystum inebriatur Tyrio (cf. naturalist C. Plinius Secundus (Pliny the Eldar +AD 79) 9, 41, 65, Ã‚Â§ 139). Perhaps you will remember that in the WDPTRS column for Post communio the 4th Sunday of Lent when I digressed about the purple dye used in the ancient world made from the murex, a seashell toting critter possessed of a tiny gland producing a purple goo endowed with a marvelous staining quality, the best coming from Tyre. The dye produced from the muricidae tinted the hideously expensive cloth that was eventually the Ã¢â‚¬Å“imperial purpleÃ¢â‚¬Â. The odd little adverb quantenus we saw back on the 22nd Sunday of Ordinary Time. It means Ã¢â‚¬Å“how far, to what extentÃ¢â‚¬Â and also Ã¢â‚¬Å“whereÃ¢â‚¬Â. The first meaning of the verb percipio is Ã¢â‚¬Å“to take wholly, to seize entirelyÃ¢â‚¬Â and then by extension Ã¢â‚¬Å“to perceive, feel and Ã¢â‚¬Å“to learn, know, conceive, comprehend, understand.Ã¢â‚¬Â The verb sumo, sumpsi, sumptum basically signifies Ã¢â‚¬Å“to take, take up, lay hold of, assumeÃ¢â‚¬Â though by extension it is, Ã¢â‚¬Å“to take for some purpose, i. e. to use, apply, employ, spend, consume.Ã¢â‚¬Â Thus, it can mean Ã¢â‚¬Å“consume, eatÃ¢â‚¬Â. Continue reading