There is a Christmas meme going around.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I don’t put up lights, but they would be only white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Don’t have much mistletoe. Aren’t you supposed to hang holly? Or stockings?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
During Advent but they are completed Christmas Eve.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
It Italy zampone con lenticchie and in the USA probably roast goose with sour kraut.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Not a childhood memory, but as an adult convert receiving my First Communion at Midnight Mass.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was never fooled.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only if it is expected with others.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Alas, I don’t have one.
11. Snow? Love it or Dread it?
Snow is great!
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you?
They are holy days.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Panetone with prosecco, about which I have a very good memory from a hard Christmas many years ago.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Perhaps an advent calendar and listening to the seasonal music.
17. What tops your tree?
cf. #10. But I think it would be an angel.
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving?
Yes. Receiving a gift well honors the giver.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
In The Bleak Midwinter
20. Candy canes?