Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dismas: This all stinks of Romans 1:18-32. On another note, MundaCorMe um, feathers are not uniquely used in Polynesia. If you get any guff from the insolent on the matter, remind them of the...
- JonPatrick: Perhaps the number of TLM’ s and people attending them has increased enough that they are starting to show up on peopleR 17;s radar. In spite of it still being a small minor...
- JonPatrick: “To plant … is believing in a growing and fruitful life to satisfy the hunger of Mother Earth’s creation. This brings us to our origin by reconnecti ng divine energy and teaching us the...
- MundaCorMeum: This sordid Pachamama affair, while properly causing an outcry over idolatry, is also causing some to generalize all forms of inculturat ion as inherently wrong. Examples I have seen...
- FrAnt: This is the plan, a lot of people come out and declare what Pachamama is and what it is not to the point where no one cares and moves on.
- JTH: I did not read the Fishwrap article, but I suspect the progressiv es in the Church will do what progressiv es do. I suspect they’ ;ll begin to feign interest in the TLM, pretend to accept...
- chantgirl: Let me be blunt: Francis does not kneel before the Eucharist, and yet he is ok participat ing in a ritual in which people prostrate themselves to the ground before a pagan idol? Cupich...
- The Cobbler: If you don’ t support women̵ 7;s health centers that promote and/or perform abortions, they accuse you of not caring about women or about children who are born. If you...
- Benedict Joseph: Reality is what it is and we need to face it. Cardinal Cupich provides us a bitter angle on the reality of contempora ry “theologic al” perspectiv es. But it is better that we know...
- Mac in Calgary: @fmsb78: What would you say if you WERE trying to scare us? On second thought, maybe don’ t answer that one.
- Charles E Flynn: When Moses came down the mountain with the Ten Commandmen ts tablets, and saw the activities in which his people were engaged, I figure he spent about 3.5 millisecon ds trying to...
- semperficatholic: “Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. 221;
- UncleBlobb: The optimist in me that somehow refuses to die can’ t help but hoping or wondering if these types of clerics have somehow been alowed to swallow this pagan nonsense by Our Lord as...
- dplentini: Each of these statements sounds like the typical Freemasoni c “it& #8217;s all the same god” and “god is just a word that we can define as we like any time any place....
- Ages: At the 7th ecumenical council, the use of images in worship was defended on the basis that the invisible God, having become matter through Christ, could be depicted in an image. We likew...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z and Kerry.
- Ms. M-S: Oh, le sigh. Is there anyone out there, even with no more than a comic book or Netflix familiarit y with satisfying the hunger of Mother Earth or Father Sky/Creato r, likely to confl...
- scoot: “Cul t”, “Cul ture” ;, and “Cul tivateR 21; all share the same root, which is “to raise up from a certain place̶ 1;. A Cult raises beliefs, Cultiv...
- Cy: …or an “Eme ritus.R 21;
- revjotwp: Happy Wednesday, I had the privilege of chanting with Joseph Janidlo when he was a Brother with the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius. I always pictured him as more of a pomegranat e...
- David Willis: i admire all that he writes and says. i just worry about his publicly stated desire to merge the EF and NO calendars. its selfish, but i don’ t want to lose ANYTHING else from...
- roma247: Wow, Jane Stannus 217; piece at NCR about the TLM is as stunningly beautiful as the prior one was stunningly banal. Thanks for the heads up! Whatever NCR’ s “gam eR...
- robtbrown: 1. Re: Love of God vs Fear of Hell. St Thomas distinguis hes between Servile and Filial Fear. The former is the fear of punishment ; the latter the fear of losing the love of a super...
- majuscule: The Fishwrap Facebook page posted the good TLM article and that’s where you can find the usual loony anti-TLM comments. Just mentioning this in passing 230;I would not make a special...
- samwise: ¡Gomez esta` el presidente ! Viva Cristo Rey!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Gaining indulgences and “the Pope’s intentions”. Prayer for the Pope, or for what the Pope designates?
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
- Archbp. Viganò speaks: “We are in the grip of a religious chaos of gigantic proportion….” – a “satanic plan”
- ASK FATHER: For Communion can I chose to go only to the priest and not the lay ministers?
- Wherein Austen Ivereigh channels his inner Hillary
- FISHWRAP: Piteous tirade about the people who attend the Traditional Latin Mass
- QUINQUENNIUM ALERT – Robert Card. Sarah
- Your Good News
- Chinese Catholics barricade themselves in church to prevent its destruction
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO – Meet the guy who boosted and “tiberized” Pachamama and “Pachamama meets the God of Surprises”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: January 2007
This is the feast of St. Marcella, one of the friends of St. Jerome (+420). She died in 410 during invasion of Alaric the Visigoth. We know about her mainly from the letters of her friend St. Jerome. Jerome wrote … Continue reading
Here is the view from my window tonight: However, I am still in touch with the Sabine Farm via webcam when I need a fix. Here is the view I would be seeing from my desk. I have the best … Continue reading
In my fervent blogorial* solicitude for participants, I added a comment preview function. This will give you the chance to make … adjustments… before posting: to content, not just spelling! Enjoy! *A neologism based on the frequent error made by … Continue reading
The Eucharist, its celebration and itself as the extraordinary Sacrament, is the “source and summit of Christian life”. If we really believe that, then we must also hold that what we do in church, what we believe happens in a … Continue reading
In the Sunday Angelus address today, His Holiness lauded St. Thomas Aquinas and spoke of the necessity of reason for the sake of modern society. He mentioned his speech in Regensburg. Benedict spoke of the way St. Thomas was able … Continue reading
In the Sunday Telegraph there is an article by Malcolm Moore about famed Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD, long-time Latinist for the Holy See. In the article Moore quotes Foster about the so-called "Tridentine" indult. Foster is not positive (emphasis mine). … Continue reading
Biretta tip to Catholic Church Conservation for the heads up on a comment made by the director of the German section of Vatican Radio, Fr. Eberhard von Gemmingen SJ. (Emphasis mine) In all probability Pope Benedict will give the permission … Continue reading
What Does The Prayer Really Say? 4th Sunday In Ordinary Time ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN The Wanderer in 2007 I had a lovely experience. I went for supper with a priest and 13 sisters visiting Rome. The Sister Servants of … Continue reading
What Does the Prayer Really Say? Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN The Wanderer in 2001 This prayer comes in a time when we see in the newsworthy activities being covered by the media that love of God … Continue reading
A long time ago, in a parish far far away, I got in terrible trouble on the feast of St. Angela Merici (+1540), foundress of the Ursulines in Brescia and a patroness of Catholic education. I was asked to bless … Continue reading
The Cardinal Secretary of State has a big job, to say the least. But these days, he is busy with book presentations. He had one a couple days ago, for a book on people who helped Jews during WWII. Today … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Vitalian, Pope (657-672), who is also a co-patron of the Suburbicarian Diocese of Velletri-Segni. He was born in Segni (where the finest chestnuts of Italy are found). I would be remiss if I did … Continue reading
Claudio Card. Hummes, Prefect of the Congregation for Clergy, has written to all the priests of the world via the website of the Congregation. Let’s look at the central section and pull it apart. I have some obervations along the … Continue reading
Today the great Sts. Timothy and Titus overshadow all others who are listed in the Roman Martyrology. 2. Hippone Regio in Numidia, sancti Theogenis, martyris, de quo sanctus Augustinus sermonem habuit. .. At Hippo Regius in Numidia (N. Africa), [the … Continue reading