We must all challenge ourselves to make each and every document of the Holy See our own, in some way appropriate to our vocations.
You have, I am sure, been deeply moved and edified by the new roadie document from the Card. Martino’s office.
To help you get your start in making the roadie doc your own, here are some suggestions from the Curt Jester.
Be serious, now.
The following are some of the highlights of the new document.
- If you are carjacked one mile, go with him two.
- If yor are hit, turn the other signal.
- Do not let your air bag become puffed up like the Pharisees
- Let not the sun go down on you road rage
- Carry your cross daily, or at least have one hanging from your rear view mirror.
- When you enter a freeway that is backed up, go and move to the lowest place and not try to merge into the front. For every one who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
- Do not talk about your Honda so that it can be said of you "That he did not say it of his own Accord."
- Hydroplaning is not the same thing as walking on water, avoid it.
- Before Jesus peformed the miracle at Cana, he appointed a designated driver.
- Do not say "Are we there yet", but rather "It is good to be here."
In other news Sammy Hagar has been excommunicated for not being able to drive 55.
We can look forward to new documents in the future from the Pontifical Council for Transportation. Another document called "Sacrificial suffering and airline food" is rumored to be in the works.