Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lisa Graas: Ed Morrissey posted about this at Hot Air blog. He had a different take on it. I shared your link with him. I tend to agree with you.
- frjim4321: I’m not going to go down a rabbit hole on the “tax reform. 221;
- HeatherPA: @majuscule Whether or not ChesterFra nk is being facetious, I can personally say I haven’t read the book and I think that it wouldn’t be very beneficial to ordinary laypeople, at any...
- grateful: source: https://ww w.crisisma gazine.com /2018/bles s-father-s inned
- grateful: About the non-christ ian madness: (from article by Fr. John A. Perricone) “And rew Sullivan is hardly a credible source for the hearty Catholics who read these pages, carrying all...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Fr_Sotelo: Kathleen10 said, “If Fr. Phillips receives justice, it will only be because Chicago Catholics make a fuss. Otherwise, I tend to think Cardinal Cupich will certainly prevail...
- Charles E Flynn: Quo vadis?
- Malta: We need to look to the East (Greek Orthodox for me, since I think the Russian Orthodox church has big problems). What follows is an excerpt of a MS I have being considered , so it is only a...
- Kathleen10: St. Padre Pio’ s relics are currently touring the US. We should appeal for his help since he certainly understood what it was like to be unfairly censured by his superiors, and to...
- Kathleen10: Yeah this sounds like a proposal to limit the clergy and empower, who else, we laity! Yes, we have all the answers and it’s about time someone recognized it. I’m for the...
- crjs1: Well said Fr Sotelo, the attacks on Cardinal Cupich are depressing and uncalled for. The church should be trusted to investigat e in good faith. I can’t help thinking that if fr Phillips had...
- Grumpy Beggar: Two Words Padre : Quo vadis ?
- Fr_Sotelo: I also pray that Fr. Phillips is treated fairly and justly, and that the facts come to light. He is innocent until proven guilty. However, so are the authoritie s in the archdioces e of...
- clare joseph: This was really good, Father, thank you. The chanting was especially good, too.
- robtbrown: FrJim4321 says, This is a good thing in view of the fact that the lower abortion numbers that we saw during President Obama’s terms will probably begin to increase under the current...
- David: One final comment. There is a post above that says Fr. Phillips claimed that Pokeman will open you to demonic possession . I don’ t know the circumstan ces, but since that sort of...
- David: I have often wondered if would be remotely possible logistical ly to plan a mass demonstrat ion in Rome by people from all over the world in defense of the Faith. I’d book my flight...
- Elizabeth D: Separate the three accusers and ask them what kind of tree they caught Fr Phillips under. [Well done.]
- Fr AJ: Hopefully it is not like it is in my Diocese. We have men currently on leave 5+ years while their case is adjudicate d.
- Semper Gumby: Speaking of schools, Stella Morabito at The Federalist recently wrote an article: “13 Ways Public Schools Incubate Mental Instabilit y In Kids” ; subtitled: “...
- aldini10: I am a St John Cantius Parishione r (although I am co-registe red at Holy Name Cathedral) . I am a homeowner in Chicago 217;s Gold Coast; East Coast Educated; 5th Generation Chicago...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z.
- majuscule: ChesterFra nk— I hope you are being facetious!
- Mike: [Un-Be-Lie veable.] Eminently believable . Look at Providence College, where a student has been harassed and threatened with sodomite rape for openly defending marriage. The college 217;s...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 17 October 2007
While many in Italy are moaning and grousing, Carlo Card. Caffarra, Archbishop of Bologna, known to be quite papalino has established the older form of Mass, according to Summorum Pontificum, as of Sunday 18 October, every Sunday and Holy Days … Continue reading
I am listening to the radio interview with His Excellency Bishop Sheridan of Colorado Springs about Summorum Pontificum.
It is very interesting and balanced!
He makes some great observations about Mass ad orientem, young people who want the older Mass, and … Continue reading
Our friends in the common cause over at Rorate have put up the full text of the talk, in English, delivered in the Netherlands by His Excellency Most Reverend Malcolm Ranjith, Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline … Continue reading
My memory is a little fuzzy:
First, before a consistory but after the promulgation of the names of the new Cardinals
1) Do we call them "Your Eminence"? I think so.
2) They could vote in a conclave even if, quod Deus avertat, … Continue reading
I was surprised on the selection
First, His Excellency Daniel DiNardo did a License at the Augustinianum!
He had a good statement on the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
What is going on?
Both men, Archbp. Foley, and Archbp. DiNardo are from Pennsylvania.
He’s … Continue reading
I got an e-mail from a priest. Maybe you readers can give some feed-back and information. Here is what I received (edited):
I am going to be using the option ad orientem during the
upcoming Advent season and Lent. I have been … Continue reading
COMMENTS BEING UPDATED
I read something today that really made me mad. I don’t mad too often, but this … grrrr…
I see Matt Abbott tackled him too.
Here is a 16 September blurb in the parish bulletin of Sacred Heart Catholic Church … Continue reading
I posted an entry the other day about statements made by the excommunicated SSPX bishop Williamson in which he takes exception to the naming of females as Doctors of the Church.
I closed down the comments on that entry when I … Continue reading
I get lots of questions via e-mail and I am considering how to revive the old ASK FATHER Question Box. In any event, here is something I got recently (edited):
Recently a visiting priest said some of the Masses at our
church. … Continue reading