Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- FN: Kent, this is a far superior theory to the panspermia and convergent evolution concepts often used in SF to explain human or humanoid aliens on other planets. It also neatly disposes of STL...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I didn’ ;t do the buying. My peeps in Chicago had, during the day, obtained really good veal and DOC Parma prosciutto at their local store. The rest was easy peasy. Some...
- Johann: Yay! Now we have a list of all the fake news sites to avoid and boycott, including RosicaR 17;s own outlet, Satan Light, along with the Fishwrap and the Poison Pill.
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Thanks Padre! Your prayers and recipes are a treasure. This isnt the first time you’ ve featured saltimbocc a….p ackaged prosciutto I can get. Looks like you...
- Gab: Love that recipe. I’m going to try it this week!
- HvonBlumenthal: Petty soon we will have a new Index, a list of books which Catholics are forbidden to read because they are Catholic. Im prepared to bet that some of the Pauline epistles get put on...
- APX: Some interloper is trying to connect to my phone […] In fact I should let him connect and then play him either recordings of my sermons or some of my soothing Chinese folk music. Lol! I...
- RAve: It seems you can take the Argentinia n out of the dictatorsh ip, but you can’ t take the dictatorsh ip out of the Argentinia n.
- APX: oakdiocese girl2, I feel for you. That was how I spent my summer with the forest fires in BC. Not to make light of your situation, but if you want to experience something really eerie, drive...
- Elizabeth D: This thought came to mind– ;tongue in cheek, I think, about those who would squelch bishops voting for sex abuse accountabi lity reforms, those who would squelch reporting on...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: It looks like you’ re reading Nostalgia. I bought Nostalgia based off your recommenda tion. It’s on my night shelf although I am still in the opening pages....
- Fr. Reader: Internet is not paper. Things don’ t work in the same way.
- hilltop: There should be a badge that Father Z can wear and also display on his blog banner. A symbol indicating his exclusion from Rosica’s List. Hmmmm, oh, wait! I know: the Sign of the Cross!...
- MrsAnchor: As an aside from this article ..love the photograph depiction. . These days people knowingly CHOOSE the Blue Pill
- Midwest St. Michael: We can trust Fr. Rosica? The same man who told Michael Voris (while covering the first synod on the family a few years ago) that the Church no longer teaches the sin of forni...
- MrsAnchor: Well, the N.O. May find it useful perhaps the EMHCs can find this useful as to not spill Our Lord as so many often do… ..and what about Space travels ?! Haha.. But really anyth...
- benedetta: What a list! LOL
- Marine Mom: “ O my bags are packed I’ m ready to go…& #8230;. I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know if I’ll be back again̷ 0;…. Peter, Paul and Mary or John Denver version
- SKAY: Thank you for your list FrAnt. Father Z’s blog is my safe haven when I am looking for truth and sanity. Thank you Father Z.
- Suburbanbanshee: Your phone was probably calling itself “Air port Wifi.̶ 1;
- Malta: There have been many anti-popes as my friend Charles Coulombe writes in Vicars of Christ:htt ps://www.a mazon.com/ Vicars-Chr ist-Histor y-Charles- Coulombe-e book/dp/B0 0K9T176I/r ef=sr_1...
- JARay: I strongly support the view that Fr. RosicaR 17;s list is one of what to avoid if one seeks Catholic perspectiv es.
- bigtex: Delta is ready when you are.
- iPadre: I believe “end of the world,R 21; no, “end of these times,R 21; yes. At least I hope some of the many prophecies , apparition s, etc… are true. That would mean that...
- JustaSinner: I think I read this in a novel for a High School class. I checked; I did! It was Orwell!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 17 October 2007
While many in Italy are moaning and grousing, Carlo Card. Caffarra, Archbishop of Bologna, known to be quite papalino has established the older form of Mass, according to Summorum Pontificum, as of Sunday 18 October, every Sunday and Holy Days … Continue reading
I am listening to the radio interview with His Excellency Bishop Sheridan of Colorado Springs about Summorum Pontificum.
It is very interesting and balanced!
He makes some great observations about Mass ad orientem, young people who want the older Mass, and … Continue reading
Our friends in the common cause over at Rorate have put up the full text of the talk, in English, delivered in the Netherlands by His Excellency Most Reverend Malcolm Ranjith, Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline … Continue reading
My memory is a little fuzzy:
First, before a consistory but after the promulgation of the names of the new Cardinals
1) Do we call them "Your Eminence"? I think so.
2) They could vote in a conclave even if, quod Deus avertat, … Continue reading
I was surprised on the selection
First, His Excellency Daniel DiNardo did a License at the Augustinianum!
He had a good statement on the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
What is going on?
Both men, Archbp. Foley, and Archbp. DiNardo are from Pennsylvania.
He’s … Continue reading
I got an e-mail from a priest. Maybe you readers can give some feed-back and information. Here is what I received (edited):
I am going to be using the option ad orientem during the
upcoming Advent season and Lent. I have been … Continue reading
COMMENTS BEING UPDATED
I read something today that really made me mad. I don’t mad too often, but this … grrrr…
I see Matt Abbott tackled him too.
Here is a 16 September blurb in the parish bulletin of Sacred Heart Catholic Church … Continue reading
I posted an entry the other day about statements made by the excommunicated SSPX bishop Williamson in which he takes exception to the naming of females as Doctors of the Church.
I closed down the comments on that entry when I … Continue reading
I get lots of questions via e-mail and I am considering how to revive the old ASK FATHER Question Box. In any event, here is something I got recently (edited):
Recently a visiting priest said some of the Masses at our
church. … Continue reading
Did you know that when the United States of America is formally at war, the head of the eagle on Great Seal should be turned to look at the side wherein the eagle clutches arrows in its talon, rather than … Continue reading
UPDATE: I have had several more requests from lay people about how to participate at celebrations of Holy Mass in its older, traditional form. Thus, I revive this entry, FWIW.
Everyone: Can I have some help with this?
I received an e-mail … Continue reading