His Holiness celebrated vespers in the Vatican Basilica, always grand.
Here is a shot. There are many things of merit here.
- Leo XIII’s great chair is back. It looks like it is going to be a keeper.
- The Pope is wearing a Roman style cope and stole with a classic pattern. Did someone find the keys for the old dusty wardrobes?
- The M.C. Mons. Guido Marini (whom I met today – nice fellow) has a very nice surplice in the traditional style.
- The Pope’s cinture with the heavy fiocco slipped down, exactly like they do when I use that type. Hmmmm….
- The Holy Father’s alb looks pretty decent! Hard to see white on white, but it was nice. He needed a different miter, however. Brick by brick.
- The M.C. in the left of the photo is lifting the Holy Father’s alb as he steps. Just as one should when serving.
Also, a blast from the past: Advent, last year. Compare and contrast.