HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- grateful: That chapter needed sharing. Thanks Father Z.
- TonyO: It is my esteem for what I know the Society has been and could be that pushes me to pick on you. But you guys have to start policing your own. Otherwise, more and more people will be praying...
- veritas vincit: This heresy needs to be rooted out of the Society of Jesus before it effectivel y destroys it. I seem to recall St John Paul II taking action against the Jesuits, removing their...
- RLseven: “ 230;We should take the devil with requisite seriousnes s, but we shouldn’t give this finally uninterest ing and pathetic creature too much attention. ” Barron I do think there...
- tho: We have been living in troubled times ever since The Spirit of VII became the mantra of our prelates. It seems as if the religious liberal are trying to destroy our church, while the politi...
- jameeka: Father Z: you got me reading this book on my laptop, a story or two per night. It’s wonderful story-tell ing, and I read that one 2 nights ago. Frightenin g! Do priests still say the...
- Chris in Maryland 2: Ipadre – I am laughing out loud at that one! Thank you!
- Bthompson: Oops. Commented on the wrong thread. Oh well.
- Bthompson: Words like infantiliz ation come to mind… ;
- RK3: “The present happiness of the ungodly is exactly the same – it lasts for a day or two and then vanishes into nothing. 8221; He could add that “the present happiness of the...
- OldProfK: It is beyond my understand ing how these men arrogate to themselves the authority to change what the Church teaches.
- Benedict Joseph: The Society is rabid and off the leash. They have been for far too long. It is beyond my understand ing why those faithful members among them persist in their alliance with a group...
- Gaetano: So the enemies of the Christian are the World, the Flesh, and a “symbolic reality” that “exists as the personific ation of evil in different structures .”
- Bob B.: “Satan is not the “dark side” that faces the light of God in a terrible cosmic struggle. He is a fallen creature whom God allows, for God’s own inscrutabl e purposes, to work woe in the...
- Les Buissonets: My profession of faith was the same as your last two correspond ents. Sigh. Still, we’r e no less Catholic for that minimalist ic formula, and that’ ;s a comfort. IR...
- iPadre: “The devil, “exists as the personific ation of evil in different structures ” Would one of those structures be the Jesuits? Just asking.
- pbnelson: If the Devil isn’ t a real person how does Reese account for following his orders? I amuse myself with reflection s on how the Spanish Inquisitio n would have dealt with this...
- Dan: This post reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask. Maybe I should have sent it to “Ask Father Z.” maybe it will get answered here. Why do priests, in general, not cross...
- RLseven: maternalVi ew: https://ww w.crs.org/ stories/cr s-responds -false-all egations-a bout-kenya -program https://ww w.crs.org/ stories/cr s-responds -lifesiten ews-articl e-about-di scussin...
- teomatteo: Maybe the Superior General is gunning to be the Vatican 217;s official ‘sym bologist 8217;.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I guess, if the devil is a symbol of evil, then God must just be the symbol of good.
- Father G: There is film footage of the incorrupt body of Saint Charbel Makhl?f being removed from his coffin when the tomb was opened in 1950. His body is almost skeletal and there is no hair on...
- HighMass: And just think these items were used before Paul VI and Bugnini! Then they were tossed, thankfully they are being found and used again! Praise God!
- maternalView: So Jesus was tempted in the desert by a symbol, a way of acting evil or the evil present in human life???
- Julian Barkin: One more thing to add: eBay is a treasure trove for EF liturgical items. While quality varies, “gems” can be sought out for personal purchase from numerous sellers. I’ve found a few...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 3 October 2008
I bet that got your attention. Over at the Lion and the Cardinal I found a great image of the cruel bishop of Mainz, Hatto II. I was intrigued. I hate mice a lot, but I hate cruel 10th century … Continue reading
GREAT NEWS: Vatican will drop Eucharistic Prayers for Children (Subscribe to RSS Feed) Washington, Oct. 3, 2008 (CWNews.com) – The Vatican plans to remove the Eucharistic Prayers for Children from the authorized prayers of the Roman Missal. [Not to be … Continue reading
I was out in the Sabine forest today, behind the house enjoying the autumn leaves. I had my little camera with me and took some movies as well as stills. Just experimenting a bit. So, I tinkered with my editing … Continue reading
I picked this up via Stella Borealis, a blog focused on my native place of Minnesota. It is an interview with the Rector of the St. Paul Seminary, where I did two years of the hardest time of my life … Continue reading
Better late than never to post this. Archdiocesan Candlelight Family Rosary Procession; Friday, October 3 WORLD APOSTOLATE OF FATIMASAINT PAUL AND MINNEAPOLIS DIOCESAN DIVISION The annual ‘Candlelight Rosary Procession’ is fast approaching. Its purpose isto unite thousands of individuals and … Continue reading
A question from a priest reader: Hi Fr. Z. Thank you for your work. I have been a priest for sixteen months and have a desire to learn the EF, and some of my parishioners are even asking for it and … Continue reading
When I returned to the Sabine Farm, I found packages waiting for me from readers who use my amazon wish list. I am over due in thanking those who sent them. I am prompted because Mr. Mail Man on this … Continue reading
Maybe its my low spirits today, but this strikes me as so very very sad… This is from Damian Thompson’s blog Holy Smoke. Defiant parishioners carry on mowing the lawns of their lost churches Heartbroken parishioners of the West Yorkshire … Continue reading
I just created a new category: Mail from priests Some of the most interesting feedback and news I get is from priests (and bishops) who are readers. I like to be able to share more mail from priests with WDTPRSers. … Continue reading
An Australian blogger, Sentire cvm Ecclesia, alerted me to a distressing story. You will remember that in the Diocese of Brisbane, Australia, there was a terrible… and I mean terrible… problem of invalid baptisms being performed by priests who were … Continue reading
From a priest via e-mail: Dear Fr. Z, Hope all is well. I am enjoying your foodie kick you’ve been on lately. I have 2 very short questions. 1. I remember reading somewhere (and it may have been something in … Continue reading
This came from a priestly reader: Fr. Z,I thought I’d pass along a piece of fan mail I received after instituting the Benedictine Altar arrangement in my parish. Never a dull moment!Fr _____ Here is the note he received complaining … Continue reading
I received a nice note from Fr. Eric Kowalski, Pastor of Holy Angels in the Diocese of Charlotte, NC. I hope priests continue to write in. I would like their contributions to be a regular feature here. Let’s have a … Continue reading
About things that are apparent sometimes I use the phrase "It ain’t astrophysics!"