Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JBS said “[S]ome dioceses do not demand money back fr...
- Dave N. said Good news for the Diocese of Madison! “Pries...
- wmeyer said It has always been a human rights issue, and the h...
- bookworm said I was once told, by a very orthodox priest with co...
- The Masked Chicken said “Masked Chicken, many of the Midwest seminar...
- JBS said APX, Parish Priests today, at least in the USA, d...
- The Masked Chicken said “The internet is not like your telephone. It...
- HeatherPA said Excellent, excellent line. “Pro-aborts don...
- Maria said I did not hear nor read anything about him prior t...
- Matt Robare said Sadly, in America, where even those who don’...
- Michael said All of this really does make me hopeful for the Ch...
- Uxixu said I am registered at my home parish and I’m re...
- benedetta said This is a pretty old argument, actually advanced i...
- frival said My pastor takes great joy in pointing out that, du...
- CAR said Agreed, Fr. Z. This is a human rights issue. Woman...
- Supertradmum said Pray for seminarians. The devil works overtime to...
- Kathleen10 said I should have added, this just seems to make sense...
- JaneC said I’m not sure why some dioceses seem to have...
- Kathleen10 said Supertradmum, I couldn’t agree with you more...
- APX said Jbs, Someone could take the time to label a map an...
- HighMass said asperges I used Google Translate….No I did...
- Supertradmum said arickett, as I noted above, parents are expected t...
- SKAY said It was such a sad and depressing day. It is so h...
- Supertradmum said Sorry for typos, in a rush..
- Supertradmum said arickett, because of immigration laws in Great Bri...
- JBS said mburn16, I’m not sure how publicly declaring...
- SKAY said President Obama’s pick for head of the FCC h...
- Paul M. said In some dioceses, there is particular law that han...
- JBS said Jesus Freak, This sounds more like trying to make...
- A Simple Reflection on Glory | the theological beard said […] commentary on the Sunday Collect. You ca...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 4 October 2008
Here I am at the cathouse. They at supper right now. Sichuan fare will be my repast. Cats don’t block the tunnel but that doesn’t mean they are wonderful.
The leaves are changing here. Beautiful.
I am at the library bringing back interlibrary loans. Very useful service. Books come from libraries all over the region. Invaluable for research.
In another entry I wrote:
Now that Summorum Pontificum is a year old, we are seeing that the provisions of Ecclesia Dei adflicta are being implemented.
I think we must be patient about implementing Summorum Pontificum.
At the same time we must … Continue reading
An interesting piece of mail came in.
Students at John Paul the Great Catholic University (JP Catholic) are getting on television and coverage in the mainstream media for their ads supporting propositions to protect marriage and get parental notification for abortion. … Continue reading
From a priest reader west of the International Date Line (edited):
Hello Father Z,
I am 31 years old and a newly ordained priest, … and am presently assigned at a parish …. I know I cannot write a long letter to … Continue reading
I received this news. It is posted on Una Voce of Western Washington.
The Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter is Coming to Seattle!A new parish will be formed, with permission from Archbishop Brunett
On September 28, 2008 Archbishop Alex J. Brunett announced … Continue reading
We haven’t heard much from Africa on the implementation of Summorum Pontificum. Here is some news.
Pretoria Latin Mass Group on its way
On Saturday 27th of last month, a meeting was held at St.John Fisher Catholic Church , in Lynwood Pretoria … Continue reading
The Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, went back to his old house today, the Quirinal Palace.
I was very pleased this morning to find in my mailbox another translation of the "Internet Prayer" I wrote in Latin many years ago. This prayer is all over the internet.
A kind soul translated the prayer into …
Pangadi … Continue reading
I received a very interesting e-mail this morning about the remains and cause of Ven. John Henry Newman.
4.10.08 NO PHYSICAL REMAINS OF CARDINAL NEWMAN FOUND IN HIS GRAVE AT REDNAL
Statement by Peter Jennings, Press Secretary to the Fathers of the … Continue reading