Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Nicholas Shaler said So my dad and I were discussing something, and. I...
- SKAY said Prayers both for your health and safety and also...
- AVL said This was great to listen to on a Monday morning. T...
- St Donatus said Katherine, again, having grown up in the area, the...
- BLB Oregon said The problem the Archdiocese in Portland in general...
- wmeyer said Prayers offered, for your health, your travel, and...
- Sonshine135 said Another great reflection. Thank you Father.
- Torpedo1 said we were driving on our way to St. Agnes yesterday...
- Konrad said Sounds like a Terry Pratchett discworld novel: htt...
- FXR2 said Thank God for Bishop Sample! Pray for more like hi...
- Sonshine135 said Prayers have been sent to heaven requesting the in...
- incredulous said @psuedomodo… LOL, a veritable road kill sm...
- SophiaGrace said Continued prayers for you, Father.
- pseudomodo said I have had Alligator a few times. My recollection...
- tmjost said Prayers offered for your intentions.
- wanda said Will do, Fr. Z.
- sw85 said I am the assistant RCIA director at a large Cathol...
- St Donatus said As a small child I lived in Cassville, a town clos...
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- Nathan said We were out of town this weekend, and went to High...
- robtbrown said Bob B. says: I was an Army brat and the only time...
- jflare said ” With all due respect, Father, if “Save the...
- incredulous said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw Here...
- Netmilsmom said The EF is beautiful, but I have a convert husband...
- Imrahil said that this is accordance with the letter of the law...
- jflare said “Apparently some people’s Faith celebration...
- av8er said Alice, I literally laughed out loud. Thanks.
- incredulous said @TWF, the Church didn’t condemn the Christer...
- Mariana2 said ““luxury” seafood” What is luxury has...
- JonPatrick said Charles E Flynn, back in the day when I too had a...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 8 October 2008
Did anyone see the remarkable images of the White House illuminated with pink light to highlight breast cancer awareness?
First Lady Laura Bush, a class act, has made this an issue for this month of October.
I’ll be saying Mass, with the 1962 Missale, at the top of this hour (thus at 22:00 GMT).
Please unite your prayers to the Holy Sacrifice for whatever your intentions may be.
Ask your guardian angels to be present.
Remember, that a single … Continue reading
I really enjoy reading Camille Paglia. Sure some of her ideas are horrifying. But she is far scarier to modern feminists than she is to me, or probably ought to be to you.
And, boy, can she write. Though I suspect … Continue reading
From a priest:
Do you know what the traditional color chasuble is for priests to be buried in (i.e. not necessarily what is done now, but what was most often done in the past)?
I need to write out my … Continue reading
I was alerted to an interesting article in the Seattle Times.
Seattle’s first parish centered on traditional Latin Mass
By Janet I. Tu
Seattle Times religion reporter
It was a big day Sunday for the couple of hundred devout Catholics gathered at the Josephinum … Continue reading
Here is a note from a seminarian, whose identity I am preserving at his request.
It is a tie in with my entry here reacting to Damian Thompson’s post at Holy Smoke.
My emphases and comments.
First off, I … Continue reading
The use of "that one" by Sen. McCain to indicate Sen. Obama last night during the Presidential debate has created some controversy.
Some idiots are making a big deal of this, even insinuating that there is something "racist" in saying "that … Continue reading