You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
- Robbie said As I wrote previously in this comment section, I d...
- acardnal said I noticed the same thing, Fr. Z. The state and lo...
- lampada said The argument running in this thread appears to be...
- maryh said @Austin Catholics says: I never said excluding gir...
- Skeinster said We added a procession to our annual May Crowning t...
- lampada said My diocese has one of the highest numbers of semin...
- chantgirl said I know several NO parish priests who would love to...
- Jayna said I recently graduated with my Masters in Theology a...
- Late for heaven said Having female alter servers leads to confusion at...
- Giuseppe said 1) Girl altar servers can foster vocations, if you...
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 7 July 2009
L’Osservatore Romano of 8 July has a few articles pertaining to the new encyclical.
Here is one of them. Some folks helped to ferret out the corresponding English.
These bullet points were offered to help a reading of … Continue reading
L’Osservatore Romano trying to redeem itself before Pres. Obama’s visit? Taking aim at the President?
As you know, L’Osservatore Romano embarrassed itself and the Holy See several times in the last couple months either through direction by the Secretariat of State, or extreme Euro-naivete, or both, as it helped grease the skids for a meeting … Continue reading
Well…, it seems my guess was right.
Tomorrow’s L’Osservatore Romano. No Latin text yet.
I am still absorbing the encyclical, and I don’t want simply to toss snippets around. But I am being hammered in e-mail to make some comments about the encyclical.
First, perhaps not much new is in the first part. The … Continue reading
To some of you who are newcomers or haven’t been to the blog lately, you might check these recent entries:
Magister helps us with the “Cottier article” and Pres. Obama’s meeting with journalists
Fr. Z to Card. Cottier: Check your facts!
The Problem … Continue reading
You can stop sending me notes that George Weigel wrote about the new encyclical. I am not sure what his beef is with Caritas in veritate, other than that it cites Paul VI and Populorum progressio. That’s all about that … Continue reading
Some sites are posting little excerpts of the encyclical. Fine. I want to wait and absorb this a little and think about it before posting too much. There is a lot going on in the encyclical. I would rather offer … Continue reading
This morning I posted an response to a query about the validity of marriages witnessed by an SSPX priest (short answer: they are invalid because of defect of form since the priest is suspended a divinis).
Synchoronicitously…. if that is … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I have become acquainted with a family in my parish (Diocesan sponsored EF twice a week) and the parents were married in a SSPX chapel. My question to you, after having posed this to three solid, … Continue reading