Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- sw85 said A few points to insist on for all involved: (A) Ev...
- boxerpaws1952 said you should read the garbage the Huff Post put up a...
- boxerpaws1952 said ” The Holy Father’s comments have been hijac...
- catholicgauze said Semi-response from Vatican. http://vaticaninsider...
- The Masked Chicken said You are taking about the Torino Scale (named from...
- Jerry said “Such annulments are often impossible to obt...
- JustaSinner said One of my favorite go-to prayers: “Glory be...
- iowapapist said Our beloved Holy Father uses very little discretio...
- robtbrown said Even if the story is not true, there’s littl...
- catholicgauze said Pope Francis calls me all the time. Strangely he...
- Patrick-K said “how many times removed is this?” you...
- The Astronomer said I’m awaiting a by-the-book annulment of my w...
- AngelGuarded said I will pray for you and your spouse. My husband an...
- StWinefride said The reader says: For reasons all her own (and she...
- MarylandBill said As an amateur astronomer and a long time space gee...
- GregH said I would go sell all that I had if one of my 3 boys...
- Vecchio di Londra said Thank you for these helpful theological sound-bite...
- Imrahil said First, I find it remarkable (I do not say that in...
- madisoncanonist said A sanatio in radice can be done without the knowle...
- ejcmartin said As I was at Mass this morning I kept wondering if...
- pannw said @Kerry says: “The O-administration is a kill...
- yatzer said Stunning! But I had no idea there were flamingos i...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Canonical form today causes more problems than it...
- Kerry said Ah, bombus impatiens. But no apis mellifera? No...
- MacBride said Ditto..My situation almost exactly mirrors this si...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! I do love being Catholic, the Chur...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. Waugh’s book is charming, he...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Muv said The return to the Faith started with John Paul II&...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 October 2009
A reader sent me a link to some photos of the episcopal consecration of the UK’s new Bishop of the Forces, H.E. Most Rev. Richard Moth, olim VG of the Archdiocese of Southwark.
In the photos take note of the beauty … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr; On the Feast of St Michael the Archangel, Fr Agustin Anda Celebrated a Traditional Mass according to the 1962 Missal, granting the request of two student organisations, the Boston College Thomas More Society (Law) and the (conservative) … Continue reading
In this year dedicated to priests and prayer for priests, Holy Church has provided lay people with a special plenary indulgence on first Thursdays of each month.
For the faithful, a plenary indulgence can be obtained on the opening and closing … Continue reading
Paolo Rodari of Palazzo Apostolico has a note in Italian about the reception by Pope Benedict of the credentials of the new Ambassador of the USA to the Holy See.
Rodari makes the observation:
Doing theology, in fact, to intervene on Vatican … Continue reading
"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October."
Technorati Tags: Nathaniel Hawthorne, October
A reader sent this alert earlier this morning:
The program on Pope Benedict; just saw a clip of your interview in which you mention his "Marshal Plan."
Perhaps your readers would like to know.
The show was called The Papacy of Reason.
Here is … Continue reading
New movie about Our Lady of Fatima to be screened in major U.S. cities
San Francisco, Calif., Oct 1, 2009 / 06:39 am (CNA).- A new film about the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima, based on the memoirs of … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY, 1 OCT 2009 (VIS) – The Holy Father appointed:
- Bishop Bernard Longley, auxiliary of Westminster, England, as metropolitan archbishop of Birmingham (area 9,936 , population 5,333,791, Catholics 275,621, priests 391, permanent deacons 76, religious 669), England. The archbishop-elect … Continue reading
CARDINAL BERTONE TO TAKE POSSESSION OF HIS TITULAR CHURCH
VATICAN CITY, 1 OCT 2009 (VIS) – A communique published today by the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff announces that at 5 p.m. on Saturday 3 October, Cardinal Secretary … Continue reading