- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Ed the Roman said robtbrown says: Ed the Roman says: Jesus never sai...
- ktfaith said The priest at the Novus Ordo Mass we attended actu...
- Sonshine135 said I went to the Solemn High Mass in Extraordinary Fo...
- Mike said Everytime I see a priest in a cassock I am re-affi...
- kimberley jean said Keep wearing the cassock but don’t make the...
- rkingall said The deacon gave the sermon today, and normally, th...
- Andrew Saucci said The only problem with criticizing a permanent deac...
- Matthew the Wayfarer said I grew up a non-Catholic and became a Byzantine ri...
- robtbrown said Ed the Roman says: Jesus never said anything about...
- Geoffrey said Sounds good to me. I’d love to see such an a...
- truthfinder said My bad, it was actually in an Ontario FSSP parish...
- Nan said @FrSam, we like your type of sloth! @Cafea Fruor,...
- lsclerkin said Was at Adoration today at St. Francis DeSales Semi...
- Giuseppe said We had the 2nd Sunday of Advent Mass, but with a c...
- truthfinder said I really like the second/third confiteor. I have...
- SKAY said Thank you , Father.
- Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock. | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out...
- CGPearson said Father, out of curiosity, what does it mean when y...
- Imrahil said One of the more humorous and ironic aspects of thi...
- Hank Igitur said All of our priests and all our seminarians from th...
- Imrahil said Hm, there are so many St. Theresas… which is...
- Unwilling said WWJS? Weeeeellll… The selection of what Je...
- 50 Years Since Sacrosanctum Concilium - BigPupit.com said [...] Z’s Blog 50 years of Sacrosanctum Conc...
- Bob B. said The reverse can happen, too. When you work for a C...
- Imrahil said On a similar note to what the dear @gloriainexcels...
- adeacon said I would like to chime in. It seems that this conve...
- Lori Pieper said Thanks, Father! It’s a great favorite of min...
- St. Epaphras said Priests in cassocks: a sign of Hope.
- ghp95134 said If one lives in the San Jose, California, area I w...
- JohnMa said I attended a Divine Liturgy 3 blocks from my house...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 October 2009
CNA has a cool Shroud article.
A detail I did not know:
[W]e know that the blood contacted the shroud before the body “because there’s no image beneath the shroud.”
Pope Benedict has announced that the Shroud will be open for public viewing … Continue reading
Folks… I don’t have time for this right now… can you help?
From a reader:
This summer, our diocese of ___ will see its first Extraordinary Form Liturgy since…well, probably since Vatican II. The Mass will be a Nuptial Mass for two … Continue reading
I would like to bring to your attention the Miaani well project.
In Mianni, Kenya, it has not rained for over 10 months. Disaster
My friend from Rome, Msgr. John Mutiso-Mbinda is from that village and for years he he has … Continue reading
First, let’s go over the NCR and look for this story there. After all… who else but they bring you Catholic news?
Looking… looking… nope. Not there.
From CNA comes the following by a growing fav with WDTPRS, Card. Cirpriani … Continue reading
UPDATE 0209 GMTWHAT A GAME!
KK of KC sms’d me:
"No one with a pulse can watch this game and not like baseball."
But that does not in any way capture how exciting this game was.
The Tigers had first place … Continue reading
First and foremost, many thanks to RE of WA for the books Catholic Prophecy: The Coming Chastisement by Yves Dupont and The Mass and Modernity:Walking to Heaven Backward, by Jonathan Robinson. Also Wrath of God: The Days of the Antichrist … Continue reading
I picked this up from waaytv.com
Mother Angelica Honored by Pope Benedict XVI
The Alabama nun who founded EWTN is being recognized by Pope Benedict XVI.
Mother Mary Angelica was given the Cross of Honor, which is the highest honor a pope can … Continue reading
There is a poll in the liberal US Catholic.
Remember their nasty article and poll about Summorum Pontificum?
Now they have a poll on the upcoming Visitation of Women Religious, asking if you think it is
reasonable and justified,
unnecessary, … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to an exemplary snotty whine in Commonweal from a radical dissenter nun – the anonymously ululating Sister X – about the upcoming Apostolic Visitation.
A couple samples:
What I sense today is that the Vatican will not budge … Continue reading