Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Allan S. said I am please that you no longer seem to be living a...
- tradcathwife said I pray for all the intentions on this page. Dear R...
- The Cobbler said For what it’s worth, on the word “Isla...
- brotherfee said Nice thoughts Bea, and more power to you for takin...
- joan ellen said Offering a prayer for Bishop O’Reilly. And o...
- MouseTemplar said Please. Our dear old Polish pastor has been taken...
- murtheol said Imrahil: My comments have nothing to do with a ma...
- Gail F said Sounds like a lot of vocal people there didn’...
- Kathleen10 said Hey frjim too many people practice “talk lik...
- Kathleen10 said He’s the template ahlrright. I too loved th...
- Bea said Beautiful meditations, Fr. Z. Thanks Forgive, yes....
- VexillaRegis said I’m extra grateful for this post, Fr.!
- Hans said There is another better, if more discouraging, art...
- Greatest humiliation in memory said [...] Tuesday, American traditionalist priest-blog...
- Elizabeth D said How come you never come to the party? I saw you ta...
- Imrahil said Dear acardnal, exactly. Thanks for putting me to s...
- excalibur said Islam is on the march, the Church is in retreat in...
- frjim4321 said A friend suggested to me that he would rather cele...
- acardnal said Sid Cundiff in NC wrote, “Imrahil thinks too...
- gracie said I see that Captain Silver talked of death, final j...
- Imrahil said Dear murtheol, while I happen to agree to your opi...
- jhayes said Francis will visit Albania on Sunday. The headline...
- donadrian said Further to Unwilling’s comment, a quick tra...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Venerator Sti Lot asks about the history of “islam...
- murtheol said VexillaRegis: I am not pulling any collective leg...
- robtbrown said bposullivan says, (Poor Malta may be getting a bu...
- arga said The late and unlamented bishop of Richmond, Wally...
- MariaKap said Arrrmen.
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Several people have asked for a Latin version of t...
- Faith said A seminarian intern at my parish taught us all how...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 15 October 2009
This controversy about Rush Limbaugh reminds me of something.
Someone wrote a book attributing to Rush things he never said.
But now these things are quoted by others as if the quotes were true.
Suddenly the false quotes have a life of their … Continue reading
What’s up with bishops these days?
From CNA with my emphases…
Europe is terminally ill because of abortion, warns Spanish bishop
Madrid, Spain, Oct 15, 2009 / 04:11 pm (CNA).- Bishop Demetrio Fernandez of Tarazona, Spain voiced his support this week for the … Continue reading
Here are a few posts to check if you haven’t seen them
Fr. Bouyer and an anecdote about how the liturgical reform was imposed
QUAERITUR: books to help seminarians understand the Novus Ordo by learning the TLM
The last acceptable prejudice
SSPX/Holy … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Malcolm Ranjith rapidly became a WDTPRS favorite during his time as Secretary of the Cong. for Divine Worship.
As Archbishop of Colombo, Sri Lanka, he is remaining true to form.
Archbp. Ranjith issued a set of … Continue reading
From the site of the Holy See Press Office, the papal spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ has announced that the talks between the Holy See and the SSPX will begin on 26 October. They will take place at the Palazzo … Continue reading
A great brick by brick item from St. Louis Catholic:
Archbishop Carlson to Celebrate Confirmations in the Traditional Form
Great news– His Grace Archbishop Robert J. Carlson will celebrate the sacrament of confirmation in the classical rite of … Continue reading
When bishops to the right thing, be sure they will be attacked with nearly diabolical savagery.
Check out comments in the local newspaper where H.E. Most Rev. Alex Sample is Bishop of Marquette, MI.
Stop and say a prayer for Bp. Sample … Continue reading
I was thrilled to read this morning that a friend of mine, Fr. Paul Sirba has been named Bishop of Duluth.
You cannot find or imagine a holier and well-balanced Catholic priest than Fr. Paul Sirba.
Ninth bishop named for Diocese of … Continue reading