Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gaetano said I am always amazed that Nazareth has one well, and...
- Eugene said Spectacular! …..and then this thought came t...
- Gerard Plourde said I agree that the “quest for the historical J...
- frjim4321 said I’m sure when they start jack hammering that...
- Theodore said Soft Target is a timely read given the latest thre...
- Latin Mass Type said Re frjim4321’s off topic comment on the live...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Always five minutes well invest...
- benedetta said In other words, a Bishop who is unafraid to be ope...
- benedetta said The corollary to the fact of discerners and semina...
- Sonshine135 said Just looking at the development, it has no place i...
- The Masked Chicken said I know, my mere sight in a philosophy or theology...
- The Masked Chicken said “How exactly did we get from radioconciliati...
- Venerator Sti Lot said One gets the impression that there are many in Wis...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Details about Mr. Walker’s church membership...
- Mariana2 said Thanks Father! No small boost every day!
- andia said Fr David Balmer denies that he is the priest invol...
- clarinetist04 said That’s a great story. I used to do a lot of...
- Chrissin said At ‘New Advent’ -right? There was no...
- liebemama said Thank you, Father.
- Rachel said That’s an awesome story, Stu. Whenever I go...
- ghp95134 said My grandfather occupied one of the top rooms in th...
- ghp95134 said Y’all do know there is an English analogue t...
- Michael_Thoma said I see and hear confession daily — guests tel...
- Priam1184 said Oh France! Why did you throw it all away to becom...
- Bea said “Gernetzke is one of 33 men studying to be p...
- CharlesG said I visited MSM last year and like Yzerman immediate...
- Confession via phone or text message? | The Catholic Legate said […] Fr. Z gives the lowdown over here. [R...
- yzerman123 said Can you say “Minas Tirith”?
- Christophorus said @PriestDavid links to Fr. David Balmer of the Dioc...
- The Cobbler said How exactly did we get from radioconciliation to Q...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 24 October 2009
My emphases and comments:
SC Episcopalians to distance from national church
MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (AP) — The Diocese of South Carolina voted Saturday to distance itself but not completely split from the national Episcopal Church because of church positions on same-sex … Continue reading
Too often today we hear that emptiest of phrases: "I’m here for you."
That is nearly never true … until it is. And it is in this.
Special and subtle it started with the image of a man’s shoes dancing… there … Continue reading
I dissected a hymn to Christ the King in PODCAzT 74.
For those priests who may be called on tomorrow to sing the Mass for the Feast of Christ the King (the Last Sunday in October in the older, traditional Roman Calendar), there is a PRAYERCAzT available.
I am sure you heard, but Card. Turkson has replaced Card. Martino at the Pont. Council for Justice and Peace.
In a rather unusual move, the Holy Father announced this viva voce at a lunch for the members of the Africa … Continue reading
From my weekly column in The Wanderer:
What Does the Prayer Really Say? Last Sunday in October – Christ the King (1962 Missale Romanum)
Each year Holy Church presents to us the history of salvation, from Creation to … Continue reading
From a reader:
I just wanted to pass onto you this tip I received about the Apostolic Visitation of U.S. Women Religious. The second part of the questionnaire sent by Mother Clare Millea to superiors general of the American women religious … Continue reading
There is a very instructive article in The Times about the Anglican Provision.
In their latest meetings the Anglicans made no serious provisions for Anglican traditionalists.
There is an interesting parallel here for Rome and the SSPX years ago. With the exception … Continue reading