Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- majuscule said I just returned from a very reverent Ordinary Form...
- jflare said “Christmas is a secular holiday.” As d...
- jflare said chuck, “So the “twelve Apostles” argument go...
- Nun2OCDS said Today at after a Mass in Polish (I do not know Pol...
- andia said The one I heard was very disheartening, basically...
- williamjm said PostCatholic: I agree that there is a holiday cele...
- Mr. Screwtape said Canon Moreau graciously blessed several bottles (a...
- Mark said Father, you often times talk about how, “The...
- stephen c said Penta – I would like to hear Father Zuhldors...
- AnAmericanMother said The news has SO carefully not identified this indi...
- Bea said OOO, OOO, JuliB: I hope you meant a “Fan of...
- jameeka said Thank you for this, Father Z–this illustrate...
- Bea said Am mailing one on Monday. Lines into Mexico (back...
- Lin said Plug in on this post. You are in my daily prayers...
- jameeka said Just to be absolutely clear, genetically MALE, cor...
- donato2 said My prayer is that those who long for the tradition...
- Mariana2 said Happy to pray for all the above intentions.
- HighMass said P.S. another reason the Holy Father (Pope Benedict...
- HighMass said How hard it is to keep quiet…..Oh Pope Bened...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- ManyMacarons said Great post to re-post. I had varied experiences g...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father!
- Matt Robare said Would they also have to be at least 35 to be pope?...
- Absit invidia said James C, the other repeat offender “jokeR...
- Grumpy Beggar said Andrew says: Grumpy Beggar: It is requisite for th...
- For Pope Francis, 2015 Will be a Big Year - BigPulpit.com said […] Cth Wrld Rprt Do Catholics Pray “V...
- Persecuted Christians: Their Struggle Is Also Ours - Big Pulpit said […] What Priest Thought It Good to Whitewa...
- PostCatholic said Christmas is a secular holiday. Saying “Merr...
- The Astronomer said This rang close to home. Our local parish is a cl...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 29: Why the three feasts after Christmas?
- 27 Dec: Today we bless WINE!
- CHRISTMASCAzT 28: “Be not afraid!”
- You’ve gotta hand it to SNL this time. VIDEO
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- The nonsense is coming to an end.
- KC, MO: anti-Catholic atrocity scheduled before Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- WDTPRS: Holy Family – children first learn who God is by knowing their parents
- ASK FATHER: Who can be elected Pope?
- CHRISTMASCAzT 27: Do you recognize the voice of your Lord?
- Your Christmas Sermon Notes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 27 October 2009
From a priest reader:
The Kingston chapter of Juventutem, a group of youth attached to the Roman traditions of the Catholic Church, has organized a special celebration of Mass (Missa Cantata) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite for the … Continue reading
Some recent posts not to miss:
Whose ecumenism? (IMPORTANT)
All Souls, 1st Thursday, Year for Priests: A PROJECT
The Nuns’ Story? (about the attack by NYT’s Mo Dowd on Pope Benedict)
“The Anglican experiment … Continue reading
Did any of you see Bill O’Reilly’s show on FNC last night?
He had a segment on Bp. Tobin of Providence who recently slapped down Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI).
In a CNA story we learn that last Friday Bp. Tobin explained the … Continue reading
I have written before about the Sisters who sell soap. And worthy soap it is too.
Just a reminder.
Also, they are peddling some new stuff and they are bubbly with enthusiasm.
The Soap Sisters have been busy in our expanded soap department. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate did some heavy lifting for us today about the talks between the SSPX and the Holy See. Drawing on the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s piece on the same (which I simply don’t have time to translate) we … Continue reading
A friend alerted me to the following:
There will be a Solemn Pontifical Requiem Mass at the faldstool for All Souls Day in Manhattan (37th St. and Broadway) at the Church of the Holy Innocents, Monday, November 2nd at 6:30 PM. … Continue reading
Did you know that there are Catholics in Cuba who desire the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite?
Una Voce is an international group with local and regional chapters. It is dedicated to the cause of traditional Catholic liturgy.
There are some very beautiful photos at Godzdogz of a TLM celebrated at Blackfriars, London for the feast of the English Martyrs.
Here is a sample.